How to beat the 2015 Carolina Panthers

Hawks46

Reaction score
Welcome back and great post phillyb.

As for your keys to beating the Panthers, it's not looking good for us.

1. Bracket Olsen. I sure as hell hope so. Pretty much every team that has a TE with a pulse has gashed us with them this year. Eifert just had a career game against us, although that's not hard when we refuse to cover him up the seam (who knew TE's ran up the seam!?). Hell, we made the Rams TE's look good.

2.Pump fake. Wilson is pretty good at this. Our new WR, Lockett (no E), is actually lighting quick and is really good at changing direction. He was breaking ankles in preseason, so we promptly went away from that...it worked too well evidently. To be fair, Wilson typically hasn't had time to pump fake this year. I also doubt Bevell scouted this out at all.

3. Step up in the pocket. Uhh, nah. That's probably Wilson's weakest trait as a QB. He just doesn't do it much. To be fair, our interior OL is so bad at pass protection, I can't really blame him. Then, when he does get perfectly clean pockets, he can't believe his eyes and won't climb the pocket. I don't know who you're trotting out (Is Starr hurt again, and what is Short up to?), but we'll make them look All Pro. Last week was unusually good against a good Bengals DL, but somehow we have the best skill position talent at receiver Wilson has ever had, and we just don't click.

4. Scoring early has been a decided weakness of this team this year. Followed closely by scoring late, as in the 4th quarter. So we better hope to score 30 points in quarters 2 and 3.

I'm not super impressed by the undefeated start, but I'm decidedly less impressed with our 2-3 start. Typically I'd say we win this game, but I'm not so sure. I'll wait to see the injury report, but if Wagner is out, we're probably doomed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice break down Philly.....

My key is
.....the less bubble screens and "empty sets" Seattle uses on offense the odds go up of a Seattle victory. That play and that formation have been epic failures but they keep running them.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If gaining 8 yards on a bubble screen is an epic failure, I'll faceplant every time.

OceanPanther

Reaction score
We're going to try to lull R Sherman to sleep.. to the point where he doesn't even cover his man or area out of boredom.. He'll be helping out all over the field and then BOOM ,, our unknown Panther wide receiver finds himself wide open , and he catches the pass ,, AND he scores .. Yeah, that's the way to beat R Sherman lol..

I hope our front 7 keeps R Wilson busy,, that will give our DB's a better chance..

Time for the football gawds to shine on the boys from the Carolinas ,,

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that's not gonna' happen. I'm hoping one of our players does the stupid Superman pose after a TD.
At least I don't have to worry about Wilson acting like cured cancer after a 5 yards first down like Cam. :roll:

Latest posts