How many of you witnessed both playoff road victory's?

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Aros":3e8rkjy5 said:
I did but I honestly don't remember the details, only the replays we all see. I was a wee lad and the idea of girls suddenly made me feel tingly. Needless to say my attention was focused elsewhere.

Well, you did have that all girl band you were in....

I too was around during both road wins. A junior in HS the last time.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Aros":1h2eu16f said:
I did but I honestly don't remember the details, only the replays we all see. I was a wee lad and the idea of girls suddenly made me feel tingly. Needless to say my attention was focused elsewhere.

It was the Rock Star status. Autographs, groupies, all that stuff. I am just a "hair" older than Todd and I remember it pretty well... Well sort of.. Todd was legend back then, he had fans to please. OK, maybe not in 83, but in 87 he did.

The girls did have a way of making the Seahawks a little lower on the priority list though. Even the playoffs, but that game was EARLY because I remember turning my TV on in the bedroom after waking up and as the end of the game was closer my hangover disappeared.

I watched that baby on a 14" black and white, for real. We only had cable on one TV and my parents were certainly not going to hook me up with a nice one then.

tdigitee

Reaction score
Yes indeed! It was the first Seahawks playoff game I'd seen and the finish was AWESOME! Hard to believe it'd been 30 years, but the 2012 victory was even sweeter and more exciting as I live outside D.C.

cheers /td

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
That was a good year... was 21 y.o. and besides the Hawks, there was a whole lotta fun stuff going on... :thirishdrinkers: :thfight7: :192215: :common039: :thmusik36:

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
I was 12, just 2 years removed from being a Bengal fan(cause they had cool uni's/helmets)

Was a true fan of Football, by this time and was Loving the Seahawks. Always remember seeing home games and how all the teams had to do extra prep to play the Hawks cause of the crowd. Even back then, the 12th man had to be accounted for! I was proud to be apart of that!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I was a teenager watching that 1983 game by myself, growing up in the NW and having loved the Hawks all along. It was honestly one of the best days of my life up to that point. The flood of emotions after the game as it set in that the Seahawks were just one win away from the Super Bowl. Really, that AFC Championship was the Super Bowl. I think the Hawks would've beaten Washington handily just as the Raiders did. It was quite a let down after I had watched the Hawks beat the Raiders twice that season... only to lose that AFC Championship. I hated the fact that some "friends" in school were Raiders fans and had to face them after that. Not that I talked smack, but just was already tired of the superiority attitude of other teams fans vs. the Seahawks.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember it well. I was in college. Fully expected the Seahawks to be a force for years to come after that. It was the beginning of a pretty good run. Not like the one we saw in the early 2000's or the one we are about to witness. But all in all, for many years it represented the "glory" years!

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Renohawk":24a2ihgh said:
1983, sitting on the couch with three friends while the Hawks played Miami. We all said if the Hawks come back and win, we were going to drive to LA for the Championship game.

2013, finally got to see another road playoff win, whew, 30 yrs in the making.

1983 - I was a sophomore in high school living in Lemoore Ca. (very much 49er territory)at the time. I was only able to watch three other games that season...both the Raiders games, which we won both and the prior week against Denver. I was so crazy happy after the Dolphins game, way more so than the Denver game. Maybe it was because I just knew that having beat the Raiders twice already that season, that we'd be going to the Super Bowl after beating them a third time......

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Wow! Were we Seahawk fans excited after beating Denver! No one....I mean nobody gave us a chance to go into Miami and beat them in their stadium....seems that we were at least a 10 point "dog". After that Largent catch, we all were on "cloud nine". Oakland was our nemesis........we were all hoping for a "miracle". However, once again our hopes were dashed! I was 41 that year!

Latest posts