How long....

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Till a new HC is named usually? Been a while since I've followed a firing and hiring process.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Not sure currently, but just to reflect on when we did it last, Jim Mora was fired on the 8th of January and Pete was hired on the 10th of January. Not sure how many coaching vacancies were available back in 2010 compared to now, so we'll have to see. If we are indeed interested in Dan Quinn, we won't be able to do anything "official" until after the Cowboys exit the playoffs, I believe, so it may be a couple of weeks before any announcement is made.

OP
OP
O

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Not sure currently, but just to reflect on when we did it last, Jim Mora was fired on the 8th of January and Pete was hired on the 10th of January. Not sure how many coaching vacancies were available back in 2010 compared to now, so we'll have to see. If we are indeed interested in Dan Quinn, we won't be able to do anything "official" until after the Cowboys exit the playoffs, I believe, so it may be a couple of weeks before any announcement is made.
This is the reply I was looking for. Thank you! I couldn't remember the turn around from Mora to Carroll. And good call on DQ. I forgot about that process too.

sutz

Reaction score
Always hard to say, but history says it won't be quick. They may have their eye on some coach currently on a playoff staff, which they can't really talk to until they get bounced or win it all.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Well I'd hate to get the guys no one else wanted...
What doesn't work for one organizations doesn't necessarily translate that it will not work for the next. Plus the fact, nothings guaranteed in the football line of business.

chris98251

Reaction score
It depends on the plan, was this already in the works or are we starting from scratch.

This is Johns team now no if ends or buts, this is his chance to billed his own legacy, Pete's press conference said just about that, he's waited 14 years for this, he was going to go back to Green Bay a few years back to do it.

Pete is there to assist and advise when called upon and support.

John seems to move pretty quick and I will bet had a running list in his desk drawer at all times, I don't expect an announcement of candidates to be released however, Seahawks don't do business that way. They work in stealth mode till they have to disclose something. I mean Paul sent Leweke to USC to work the Pete thing, at that time Pete was on the NCAA hot seat.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If the Hawks aren't going after someone on a playoff team, I'd expect a new HC before the first playoff game but I think if they're not giving Harbough serious consideration, I'd be willing to bet they're going to hire an offensive minded coach from a playoff team. My money is on either Bobby Slowik (OC from Texans) or Alex Van Pelt (OC from Browns). Either one would have my support.

renofox

Reaction score
If the Hawks aren't going after someone on a playoff team, I'd expect a new HC before the first playoff game but I think if they're not giving Harbough serious consideration, I'd be willing to bet they're going to hire an offensive minded coach from a playoff team. My money is on either Bobby Slowik (OC from Texans) or Alex Van Pelt (OC from Browns). Either one would have my support.
Slowic is a great candidate. Transformed the Texans offense and helped a rookie QB look like a top veteran from day 1 - exactly what the next Seahawks coach needs to do.

I'm really hoping Jody's team has been in contact with his agent for a while.

Latest posts