How in the world is the Clink not the loudest stadium?

seabowl

Reaction score
In watching tonight's KC vs Denver game I can actually hear Peyton telling guys what to do and look for before the play. This would absolutely never happen at a home Hawks game. I think it was Lynch who announced the game against the Cards and he said something like I know that Arrowhead has the record but Seattle is the loudest stadium. I do know Arrowhead seats around 10k more but even with that there is no way we are not the loudest fans/stadium.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":151q1hj7 said:
Helps when Arrowhead has a few extra thousand seats in it
More than a few. Plus, their entire stadium's boards were telling people when to get really loud, etc.; which Clink never did for our Guinness attempts.

We're the loudest on a per-fan basis and it's not even close, frankly...Plus, we know when to cheer a LOT better than they do. They're the loudest fan base/stadium just like McDonald's has the best cheeseburger because they sell the highest number of them.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2awu4uvo said:
dumbrabbit":2awu4uvo said:
Helps when Arrowhead has a few extra thousand seats in it
More than a few. Plus, their entire stadium's boards were telling people when to get really loud, etc.; which Clink never did for our Guinness attempts.

We're the loudest on a per-fan basis and it's not even close, frankly...Plus, we know when to cheer a LOT better than they do. They're the loudest fan base/stadium just like McDonald's has the best cheeseburger because they sell the highest number of them.

Burger King blows away McDonald's

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Prolly related to mike placement and what freqs it's most sensitive to.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
5:40 left, and only 1/4 the fans are left. Down 13. Your team needs you, and needs you LOUD. PATHETIC.

Mick063

Reaction score
This is rather easy to explain.

KC can hit a brief peak when choreographed.

The Clink is one big impromptu scream fest that never stops. Not a peak performance on cue. An ear ringing festival from kick off to finish. Noise from the heart. Noise from the fans on their terms, not a dictation from the big screen for when it is time.

It isn't about the brief noise burst. It is about the relentless noise assault.

This can only be measured through time weighted average. In other words, it is like comparing a photograph to a video. The difference being that one captures an event over time and the other only reveals a brief instant. Apples and oranges.

There is no place like the Clink.

rideaducati

Reaction score
KC fans don't get loud until third down and even then they wait til the opposition is walking up to the line. They aren't very loud when the other team is in the huddle like they should be.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As usual everyone plays their absolute best against us yet spreads their legs for Denver... getting bored...very bored Roger. Bring it on Denver or New England you both suck. Don't give a damn about your fake record.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As usual everyone plays their absolute best against us yet spreads their legs for Denver... getting bored...very bored Roger.

Seafan

Reaction score
Several NFL players who have played in both said the Clink is louder.

The KC fans used noise makers in their attempts at the record.

Their fans don't sustain it like the 12s.

I

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Been to a chiefs playoff game in the nineties and it wasnt nearly as loud as 90% of hawks games I've been to. They also do that Indian chant thing and actually believe it's intimidating. :177692:

Greenhell

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ggn03b4 said:
As usual everyone plays their absolute best against us yet spreads their legs for Denver... getting bored...very bored Roger. Bring it on Denver or New England you both suck. Don't give a damn about your fake record.

I thought the same thing just not quite in those terms. :lol:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Mick063 said:
This is rather easy to explain.

KC can hit a brief peak when choreographed.

The Clink is one big impromptu scream fest that never stops. Not a peak performance on cue. An ear ringing festival from kick off to finish. Noise from the heart. Noise from the fans on their terms, not a dictation from the big screen for when it is time.

It isn't about the brief noise burst. It is about the relentless noise assault.

This can only be measured through time weighted average. In other words, it is like comparing a photograph to a video. The difference being that one captures an event over time and the other only reveals a brief instant. Apples and oranges.

There is no place like the Clink.[/quote?]

This is one of the moist poignant things I've ever read.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else heard it, but I believe it was John Lynch last week calling the Cards game at the Clink on Fox and said... Listen, I've played in games here and at Arrowhead, it's no contest...this place is louder. He said he didn't care what the sound meters said at Arrowhead, this place is louder. :mrgreen:

Who can argue with him? :mrgreen:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
For the first part of the first quarter I thought it was a Broncos home game.

That crowd sucked.

To be fair, it seemed significantly better against the Hawks.

kearly

Reaction score
I watched the game that set the record and it seemed fairly average for crowd noise. I was surprised that they set the record in that game. The noise wasn't even really a factor and though the Patriots played horribly, they didn't seem to be affected by noise at all.

Silentwander

Reaction score
I will give my congrats to Arrowhead only if they do it same away as we do. Match almost same/similar seat capacity and shout fest nonstop without the noisemaker (not sure if it s true or not) and choreograph board. I didn't care at all when Arrowhead broke the Guinness record.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Silentwander":5fnfdjq8 said:
I will give my congrats to Arrowhead only if they do it same away as we do. Match almost same/similar seat capacity and shout fest nonstop without the noisemaker (not sure if it s true or not) and choreograph board. I didn't care at all when Arrowhead broke the Guinness record.
I don't agree with this at all. Any comments about their seat capacity reads like any comments about our stadium being designed to "amplify" our noise -- nonsense. It is what it is. When Seahawks Stadium was built, they could have put more seating in. When Arrowhead was built, they could have put a roof on it. But they didn't.

I really don't care any more who actually has the Guinness record. The fact that we had it twice is enough for me. Any quibble about who is absolutely the loudest can be settled by the players and coaches.

Latest posts