How fricken amazing is it we have a long angry #39 on the field again?

PNW

Reaction score
I don’t know if he’s I’m going to jail angry but maybe?

seabowl

Reaction score
Again? Was Browner angry? Only ADB had that nickname

olyfan63

Reaction score
Browner PLAYED angry. Are memories that fragile here? Rember that Browner special teams compilation where he pancakes like 3 Carolina guys on a punt return? How about where he baits a WR into attacking him and then bodyslams him?

Woolen makes me think of a quicker, better-covering Browner so far. Like the love child of Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I know you cannot retire them all. And politically it is a nonstarter because he almost killed someone but damn I loved Browner.

Not sure I want anyone wearing #39 but I guess we cannot keep #25, #31, #39, and #24 off the available list or we will have to start using hexadecimal once we run out of digits.

If Woolen can be like Browner, (with a little bit fewer felonies), that would be amazing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I know you cannot retire them all. And politically it is a nonstarter because he almost killed someone but damn I loved Browner.

Not sure I want anyone wearing #39 but I guess we cannot keep #25, #31, #39, and #24 off the available list or we will have to start using hexadecimal once we run out of digits.

If Woolen can be like Browner, (with a little bit fewer felonies), that would be amazing.
Agreed. I'd add #29 to that list. Earl was great on the field too. Because of him - Sherman, Browner, and Thurmond/Maxwell thrived. They didn't have to be concerned of getting beat deep because of Earl back there.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Good lord I'm surprised that hit on Welker wasn't a murder charge against Browner.
What amazed me was how he hung onto that ball.
All opponents Receivers wanted to know the whereabouts of ALL the Seahawks secondaries back then, hope Woolen can bring some of that back.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Loved watching Browner being part of the LOB..
He was a gangster out there and he earned his
Newports.

toffee

Reaction score
When we drafted Woolen, I was debating if he will develop into a Sherman or Flowers? I am leaning towards Sherman, Flowers almost never turned his head to look the ball, Woolen does it regularly.

Pre-draft measurables

Tre Flowers:
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttle3 cones drillVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6 ft 3+1⁄4 in
(1.91 m)
202 lb
(92 kg)
33+7⁄8 in
(0.86 m)
9 in
(0.23 m)
4.45 s1.53 s2.58 s4.34 s7.17 s34+1⁄2 in
(0.88 m)
10 ft 2 in
(3.10 m)
18 reps
Tariq Woolen
6 ft 4+1⁄8 in
(1.93 m)
205 lb
(93 kg)
33+5⁄8 in
(0.85 m)
9+1⁄8 in
(0.23 m)
4.26 s1.47 s2.49 s4.30 s7.10 s42.0 in
(1.07 m)
10 ft 11 in
(3.33 m)
12 reps
Sherm
6 ft 2+5⁄8 in
(1.90 m)
195 lb
(88 kg)
32 in
(0.81 m)
9+3⁄4 in
(0.25 m)
4.56 s1.61 s2.65 s4.33 s6.82 s38 in
(0.97 m)
10 ft 5 in
(3.18 m)
16 reps

Last edited:

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Maaaaan, Browner was nasty. He and Kam were absolutely brutal. They made dudes pay with their souls for stepping up. Hoping Woolen can be that spark to light the fire and bring some thump back to the D.

*Would have loved to see the Legion stay together for longer...damn.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe my favorite moment with Browner wasn't a hit.
We were playing the Redsk*ns, and I think it was a playoff game.

Browner was just brutalizing guys out there. (I thought he caught a few flags, but it was worth it.)
The ball snaps and the WR on Browner's side just gives up the route completely. Is so irritated he just wants to fight Browner. Browner and the WR (I think Garcon?) are just wrestling on the snap, any pretense of running a route is gone.

So the Skins QB essentially has no #2 WR, the guy is completely out of the play.
Our pass rushers had a field day. Browner played a good part in that.

The guy was as physical as any NFL player. Corners are supposed to want to make reluctant tackles. Browner played like a LB or even a FB (in terms of wanting to initiate contact). You couldn't even flag him that often or you would be throwing a flag every down.
He would manhandle WRs. I miss that.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I just am waiting for a reporter to notice and ask him why he chose #39, if he mentions junkyard dog Browner I might have a new fav kid on the team :)

morgulon1

Reaction score
Maybe my favorite moment with Browner wasn't a hit.
We were playing the Redsk*ns, and I think it was a playoff game.

Browner was just brutalizing guys out there. (I thought he caught a few flags, but it was worth it.)
The ball snaps and the WR on Browner's side just gives up the route completely. Is so irritated he just wants to fight Browner. Browner and the WR (I think Garcon?) are just wrestling on the snap, any pretense of running a route is gone.

So the Skins QB essentially has no #2 WR, the guy is completely out of the play.
Our pass rushers had a field day. Browner played a good part in that.

The guy was as physical as any NFL player. Corners are supposed to want to make reluctant tackles. Browner played like a LB or even a FB (in terms of wanting to initiate contact). You couldn't even flag him that often or you would be throwing a flag every down.
He would manhandle WRs. I miss that.
He did the same thing to Jerome Simpson from Cincinnati. Loved Browner. Too bad about what happened . I just know he's in prison

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Browner PLAYED angry. Are memories that fragile here? Rember that Browner special teams compilation where he pancakes like 3 Carolina guys on a punt return? How about where he baits a WR into attacking him and then bodyslams him?

Woolen makes me think of a quicker, better-covering Browner so far. Like the love child of Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman.
Hell of a combination.

Latest posts