How are you feeling about the Roster RN?

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
This draft is deep in QBs, OL, and WR. It's good that we're filling holes on D through FA.

The fact that we only need depth at QB and WR, means there will be lots of OL talent available when we pick. We may grab one right away -- depending on where JS sees the 'shelf' this year -- or we may trade down and get one later.

Bottom line is that our entire OL next year may be under 25 and the first one to come up for renewal is Lucas in 2026. That's an exciting prospect to me, since we've had a revolving door the last 5+ seasons or so.

Other than LG, we have a starting lineup, so I'm okay with the lineup. There's going to be a lot of learning in the first year of the new regime, so I expect to see a lot of crap football next year. I'm just glad we're mostly doing it with young, cheap players that can grow in the system.

Kinda reminds me of Pete's first year...

CactusJack

Reaction score
Steelers traded a 6th NEXT YEAR for Fields. Hilarious.

The fact that Schneider couldn't or wouldn't pull that trade off should tell you all what you need to know.

That's fine, you guys keep defending him. I disagree greatly with several of you folks, and that's fine, that's what makes it a forum to talk. However, I have been right more often than not. Just sayin
Fields has one year left on his rookie deal. After that he becomes an expensive backup. His 5th year option is worth $25 million. You have to start him for that kind of money.

Meanwhile, Howell is super cheap for two years. Making only a million each year. He's also younger. That's why he has more value than Fields. You can disagree. But no one values him all that much based on his play so far. Fields has been a below average starter at best.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I don't get the John hate. I really don't. He's navigated this first week of free agency just fine. Really, the only knock on him that I would have is that he hasn't prioritized the interior of the offensive line. But when Robert Hunt & Damien Lewis both get deals worth up to $150m, I can't really blame him. The market for that position is just so out of whack at the moment. Would you want them to give Damien that same contract? Fans here would riot if he did.

Prioritizing Leonard Williams over Brooks & Queen is perfectly reasonable. I completely trust Macdonald's vision & evaluation on Queen. If he really wanted him, then he'd be here. It's also safe to say that Brooks simply did not want to be here. As he took Miami's offer right away.

Ultimately, fans need to realize that it's going to take time to build & reset this roster. It's not going to happen overnight. You're laying the foundation down in 2024 with a completely new staff. So that this team can compete in 2025 & beyond.

Last edited:

eo620

Reaction score
In baseball, I'm a NY Mets fan. It's widely known that they pretty much are sacrificing 2024 to become a competitive team in 2025. It appears to be the same with the Seahawks. How depressing! I hope somebody steps up and make this coming year fun, or else it's going to be a long/depressing 2024!!! Come on 2025!, and at my age, I can't afford to keep wishing years away!