How are you feeling about the Roster RN?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
If we could add Zeitler and Risner on the OL....and another safety. and LB...I'm Good and then a bunch of street guys to round out the roster...Yeah so far so good

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
MM played a 3-4 Defense in Baltimore last year and switching to a 4-3 would be big news so our front 7 actually looks like:

LDE: Williams
NT: Reed
RDE: Jones

LOLB: Mafe
LILB: Baker (Ratigan)
RILB: Dodson
ROLB: Nwosu

With not much behind them...

Guards and ILBs are not generally marquee players, but the fact that we're going to 3 or 4 each gives me pause.

Edited to bump Ratigan for Baker.

Last edited:

Chawker

Reaction score
Definitely OG and LBer still in need, but a awesome job with the finances so far. At this point I feel comfortable with drafting any position in round one. Shop for the best talent.

Cheers

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
MM played a 3-4 Defense in Baltimore last year and switching to a 4-3 would be big news so our front 7 actually looks like:

LDE: Williams
NT: Reed
RDE: Jones

LOLB: Mafe
LILB: Ratigan
RILB: Dodson
ROLB: Nwosu

With not much behind them...

Guards and ILBs are not generally marquee players, but the fact that we're going to 3 or 4 each gives me pause.

Exactly why I said don’t worry too much about it but if you need a reason, it was just easier for my mind to list guys like Taylor and Bell as DEs rather than think they are maybe something they are not like LBs.

rjdriver

Reaction score
The roster smells of a team hitting the reset button and building the right way. I can't wait for the season to start. A 8-9 2024 season will feel far more exciting than the 9-8 type of seasons as of late.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The roster smells of a team hitting the reset button and building the right way. I can't wait for the season to start. A 8-9 2024 season will feel far more exciting than the 9-8 type of seasons as of late.
This. I like some of the tactical moves they're making, and I'm so glad they finally hit the big red reset button, but I'm still a bit skeptical about the long range strategic vision. I have lots of patience, as long as I get everything I want right now. Lol.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
One positive about the lack of big moves and $ spend so far.....I have not seen the Hawks on any list of "free agency losers" or "most questionable moves this free agency".

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Should of kept Bobby
Nah. I wanted to keep Bobby, but he's getting $3 million more per year with WAS. We needed to negotiate a reduced role (and reduced pay), not the other way around. It simply wasn't going to work.

Quinn is probably willing to pay that because he wants to bring in a veteran guy he knows will be the right kind of influence in his locker room and he's got a ton of cap space right now, but he wasn't going to provide that kind of value to Macdonald who doesn't know Wagner.

If we kept Wagner, we'd still need to fill the 'starting' Mike LB spot. As it stands now, we still need to fill the starting Mike LB spot but we have $8 million more to do it with that we wouldn't have had if we tried to match what the Commanders offered.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
I'm over the moon that we didn't overpay for Damien Lewis. I wanted to keep Brooks, but I'm okay with not paying him $10 mil/year. Dodson is a solid pick up. We've added depth, and plugged a few holes on the cheap. I'm perfectly fine with the rest of this offseason being bargin hunting in FA, getting solid value in the draft, and picking up other team's discards on the cheap until Training Camp. It's about building for an extended run in 2025 and beyond, so the splash signings are at least a year away.

Scout

Reaction score
The only obvious hole on defense is ILB and maybe building up depth.

Offense definitely needs more emphasis at both guard spots and shoring up center competition. Oluwatimi is capable of playing center but need depth there and to offer competition.

For a team hitting the "reset button" the Hawks are loaded with talent. The challenge for Mac is to put this talent in the right position to succeed. Especially the defense which features way too much talent to be struggling so badly.

But I will say this the one area of the defense where you do not need to have supreme talent is the ILB position. At most the ILBs in this scheme will be asked to drop into zone coverage or crash down into the A or B gaps.

GemCity

Reaction score
Guard/Center and Linebacker are extremely poor. I’d grade the units each a D and I feel that has some homerism artached.

I really like our WR RB and DBs is grade an A- across the board here

We need depth at TE our starters are fine but with no true depth I couldn’t give more than a C+ here. Get some solid depth and it could be a B+

QBs. We need 2022 Geno but o think we should expect 2023 Geno. I’m not sold on the backup at all. I had more faith in Lock but time will tell. C+\B- here. I think Geno is a solid starter but I’m afraid of what happens if he goes down

Defensive line has some solid players in it and some still need to prove their worth. Guys like Williams and Nwosu make it a solid B.

Special teams we have one of the best punters in the game but a kicker who goes from being Money and having long solid streaks to missing easy ones for no apparent reason. Will be interested to aee who ends up. Returning kicks and punts but as long as they don’t fumble things can only be better than last year. Solid B here.
Well said!!

GemCity

Reaction score
They've plugged the holes well enough, and have done so mostly without entangling contracts.

JS got caught with his pants down at LB. He admitted as much. They wanted another. JS has always had the philosophy of using free agency to shore things up to free them up to go BPA in the draft. I'm worried that the holes at LB are going to force us into a Collier-type reach.

Aside from that, they're doing it right, and I think they can win year 1. Not a championship, but positive momentum and they're set up beautifully for 2025 forward.

This is year 1 of a process.
Exactly what I’m thinking LB wise. The way it stands, we’re going to be forced to draft for need.

Not always a bad thing but, I often prefer BPA. Not every time…but definitely on occasion.

Did we expect Brooks back? Did MM think Queen was a guarantee? Bobby had to go…it was time. One of my favorites but, all careers come to an end.

But…perhaps another year would be been worth it. Probably not…

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Exactly what I’m thinking LB wise. The way it stands, we’re going to be forced to draft for need.

Not always a bad thing but, I often prefer BPA. Not every time…but definitely on occasion.

Did we expect Brooks back? Did MM think Queen was a guarantee? Bobby had to go…it was time. One of my favorites but, all careers come to an end.

But…perhaps another year would be been worth it. Probably not…
Schneider clarified in an interview that he didn't expect to lose out on Brooks quite as quickly as we did, so yeah, it seems like he was part of the plan going forward. Miami's offer was basically on the high side of his valuation, but I'd bet we would have been willing to offer similar. (That being said, there is always the possibility that Brooks just liked the idea of moving to Miami, so offering the same amount might not have gotten it done...)

With Dodson, we're going for youth with an upside as his replacement, but we still don't have Bobby's replacement/an analogue for Roquan Smith for our defense. I think that'll have to be a fix in the draft.

We needed a Bobby but 3-5 years younger and there weren't many of those guys available to begin with and they are all gone at this point. I'm still 50/50 on if we might draft a QB with pick #16 but if we don't, I think we could trade back and get a 2nd rounder to use on an ILB which wouldn't be much of a reach.

sutz

Reaction score
I think the chances of us staying at 16 are almost 0%.
I could even imagine that we would trade back twice and thus be completely out of round 1.
They might trade completely out of Rd 1, but that 5th year option is kind of temptiing if it's the right guy. Would love at least one 2d rd pick, though. Maybe step down in increments and do both. ;)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I mean, I'm happy we haven't overpaid for a name and getting Howell on the cheap is super interesting. Overall, we're ankle deep into the kiddy pool section of roster moves. Going to reserve judgment until more has happened.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
Mike's demeanor, history as defensive coordinator, off season moves, and getting the salary cap fixed, has given me some strong confidence towards the Seahawks new coach.

It's the little things he does, calculated moves, and absolutely no questionable decisions so far, that gets me excited. This will be a very watchable Seahawks season, despite how it turns out. I would confidentially say, Mike is directing the Seahawks to be in the best situation possible, and making smart decisions.

What a great hire by John and Jody. A+

CactusJack

Reaction score
The IOL is a problem. No starting caliber Mike LB. Those are some huge holes at the moment.