Houston fans burning Schaubs Jersey after game.

pehawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":3qqji2zw said:
Houston is 2-2, but they're lucky not to be 0-4. They remind me so much of the Mike Holmgren teams from 7-8 years ago; very good RB, very good OL, good receivers, and an average quarterback. Their defense is top-shelf, but they're lacking a killer instinct.

Their window is starting to close.

Yup, yup, yup.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
THE TABS":15sgdh7o said:
Houston is 2-2, but they're lucky not to be 0-4. They remind me so much of the Mike Holmgren teams from 7-8 years ago; very good RB, very good OL, good receivers, and an average quarterback. Their defense is top-shelf, but they're lacking a killer instinct.

Their window is starting to close.

That sounds all too familiar to we Hawk fans1

warden

Reaction score
Fans in general are stupid

Their QB completely shredded the number one defense in the league for 3 quarters of the game and helped build a huge lead. Yeah he made a mistake and a very good player on a very good defense made him pay. Did the Texans fans honestly believe that he was going to have his way with the #1 defense the entire game. The Seahawks went up against a very good team today and guess what we did not get our way the entire game. Both teams get payed, both teams are going to make plays. The stupid Texan fans who blame their QB for everything really lack understanding of the game. There are many plays that can cost you the game in a close hard fought contest, like two personal fouls by their defense on the final drive. Maybe they should burn those guys jerseys too. Did this dumb fans think that the other team wasn't going to fight back

When the game was over both teams made good and bad plays, bottom line is the Seahawks made one more good play then the Texans.

OP
OP
Joey13091

Joey13091

Reaction score
warden":251odzn8 said:

Their QB completely shredded the number one defense in the league for 3 quarters of the game and helped build a huge lead. Yeah he made a mistake and a very good player on a very good defense made him pay. Did the Texans fans honestly believe that he was going to have his way with the #1 defense the entire game. The Seahawks went up against a very good team today and guess what we did not get our way the entire game. Both teams get payed, both teams are going to make plays. The stupid Texan fans who blame their QB for everything really lack understanding of the game. There are many plays that can cost you the game in a close hard fought contest, like two personal fouls by their defense on the final drive. Maybe they should burn those guys jerseys too. Did this dumb fans think that the other team wasn't going to fight back

When the game was over both teams made good and bad plays, bottom line is the Seahawks made one more good play then the Texans.

Yup. If you looked at the stat line without having watched the game you'd think the Texans won.

hawk45

Reaction score
Joey13091":2evt4wfy said:
warden":2evt4wfy said:

Yup. If you looked at the stat line without having watched the game you'd think the Texans won.

He's been making a habit of clutching up and throwing it to the wrong colored jersey for points. I think the fact that he was ahead all game and then choked in the 4th makes it worse, not better, for Texan fans. He's not terrible, but he's almost the only weak link on that team. Totally get the frustration, they're one position away from winning it all they feel and they may be right.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Did you see the look on Schaub's face in the 4th before he threw the pick? Dude was sweating bullets and looking sick as if, "I'm gonna blow it! I just know I'm gonna blow it!".

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah he was itching, ITCHING to flush the game down the toilet it was written all over him.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Well that's simply ridiculous, I think they have a solid QB in Schaub. He picked our (tough) D apart most of the game. Crisp throws, 90% on the money.
He made some poor mistakes late in the 4rth and OT really.

Claden

Reaction score
Burning the jersey is something I've never really understood. But, you bought it. Do what you want with it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
The worse he plays, the more they call for his head. The more they call for his head, the worse he plays. Whether they like it or not, their championship aspirations with the current squad are dependent on Schaub and these infantile attempts to appease their frustrations are only going to increase the likelihood of future frustrations. People, particularly members of fan-bases, can be so incredibly naive.

C-Dub

Reaction score
It's crazy how certain cities overreact to players and teams. Reminds me of Philly.

It'll be interesting to see how Houston will recover from this and if Schaub will have a job by the end of the year.

C-Dub

Reaction score
1379339_3462645180793_1399851146_n.jpg

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Schaub's job ought to be about as safe as the jobs of Romo, Rivers, Dalton, Stafford, A. Smith, and all the other good but not (or not yet) great QBs. People lose their perspective in their immediate reactions.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Schaub is a ten-year veteran and a regular in the AFC playoffs. Houston fans know that he should be beyond mind-bogglingly stupid throws like the one Sherman picked off. I think burning jerseys is tasteless, but I understand the outrage. This many pick-sixes in four games and the fans start looking to the future.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Peyton Manning lost a Superbowl largely thanks to a pick 6 on a stupid throw. They lost to the Saints who were there in part because Brett Favre made a similarly stupid throw with the game on the line. Fans can think we know whatever it is we want to think we know but it doesn't make it true. Those kinds of play happen whether it's from the arm of Tebow, Schaub, or a future HoFer. Houston can only do what they can with Schaub until there's a better alternative. During week 4 of the regular season, they have no better alternative than Schaub and no amount of frustration and knee-jerk pyromania is going to change that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Aside from Moon / McNair who has Houston ever had that was better? Stabler, Pastorini, Chandler? Hell no. If we didn't have the little guy, I'd take Shaub in a second. And he'd be one of the best QBs in our history, too.

If you're not going to give your QB 100% of the credit for a win, don't pin an entire loss on him either. Keep it within reason. "Burning" his jersey? That's just disgusting. A better fan should have offered a little slap therapy to those engaging in such horseshit.

There's like 10 REALLY good QBs to go around 32 teams. If you don't have 1 of those 10...who's fault is that? His or yours? A-holes.

Browncoat

Reaction score
Ask any racer, any real racer and he will tell you. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning.
- Dominic Torreto (The Fast and the Furious)

I'll take a win any way I can get it, cheating aside.

Half of the wins in the NFL come by capitalizing on the other team's mistakes. Sunday's game was Houston's to lose, frankly. They completely dominated Seattle in the first half on both sides of the ball, and should have just sat on it and walked away with a win themselves. Aside from that interception, the Hawks did very little to impress me against the Texans.

Schaub screwed up big time. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he lost the game for them, but that play definitely shifted the momentum in favor of the Seahawks.

TravTex

Reaction score
I like Schaub, but I'm more confident watching Russell Wilson playing from behind than I am watching Schaub play with a lead. He's demonstrated repeatedly a bit of a knack for the choke. Remember when there was so much talk about Peyton Manning's inability to win in the Big Games, having problems in the playoffs, and maybe not being the guy who'd get the Colts to the Superbowl?

It's kinda like that for Texans fans, only with a less dominant Quarterback. I like Schaub, he just trends anti-clutch.

Browncoat

Reaction score
HawkWow":u33muhkg said:
Aside from Moon / McNair who has Houston ever had that was better? Stabler, Pastorini, Chandler? Hell no. If we didn't have the little guy, I'd take Shaub in a second. And he'd be one of the best QBs in our history, too.

If you're not going to give your QB 100% of the credit for a win, don't pin an entire loss on him either. Keep it within reason. "Burning" his jersey? That's just disgusting. A better fan should have offered a little slap therapy to those engaging in such horseshit.

There's like 10 REALLY good QBs to go around 32 teams. If you don't have 1 of those 10...who's fault is that? His or yours? A-holes.

I'm a former Browns fan and remember when Tim Couch got injured (at a home game) and the fans actually cheered, then booed him as they carried him off the field. That was rough to watch. Probably the lowest moment I can remember being a Browns fan. Burning a jersey seems excessive, especially considering this is just a regular season game.

Schaub seems like a serviceable QB. He's not HoF material, but I wouldn't say that he's a bust either. Kind of surprised to read about this, really. Houston fans seemed like a pretty classy bunch from what I've seen of them this week.