Honest opinion on Rawls

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He is not the same player post broken ankle. Likely never will be. We need to find a new starting RB

Seymour

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who you put in the 1st half unless they can run thru a brick wall. His durability is certainly in question though.
Cable needs to go, these guys just aren't ready week after week. The fact they can come back and be productive points straight to coaching.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Some of you appear to have no clue how important OL run blocking is. We've had none most of the time. Ah well, but I digress. Rawl's running style MIGHT be more suited to a back that weighs like 20 pounds more than him. He has a reckless style that I'm not sure even Marshawns body could stand up to. This guy was oft-injured in college because of this same running style, but somehow he's supposed to last in the NFL?

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seymour":1qvmtinj said:
Doesn't matter who you put in the 1st half unless they can run thru a brick wall.
Ding, ding! Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I also agree that Cable's free pass has expired, but am not confident Pete will do the right thing.

hawk45

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":30b5yr95 said:
Seymour":30b5yr95 said:
Doesn't matter who you put in the 1st half unless they can run thru a brick wall.

I also agree that Cable's free pass has expired, but am not confident Pete will do the right thing.

Agreed. Rawls would have been fine behind the 2nd half blocking. I'm glad AC looked like a good option out there, but soon he will face the utter lack of blocking and it'll be the same result.

The OL looked better in the 2nd half but it mystifies me why it takes a half for Cable to adjust. Have a game plan going in, we shouldn't need a halftime reaming for that unit to play ball.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cyrus12":kuia5skt said:
a good o line doesnt cure a band aid player...too injury prone to be a number 1
Jeebus! The OL is not run blocking! If you can't see something so blatantly obvious, I can't help you.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3sjuph5w said:
Cyrus12":3sjuph5w said:
Jeebus! The OL is not run blocking! If you can't see something so blatantly obvious, I can't help you.

ya the o line sucks...stevie wonder can see that...but the guy is not one bit durable. every time he gets hit you wonder if he will get up. just saying he is not a number one back you can trust

quadsas

Reaction score
Everytime he ran there were 4 guys running into him right as he receives the ball. You're gonna get injured and get no yards when all you do is get blasted

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawk45":2eorgdkz said:
HawKnPeppa":2eorgdkz said:
Seymour":2eorgdkz said:

Agreed. Rawls would have been fine behind the 2nd half blocking. I'm glad AC looked like a good option out there, but soon he will face the utter lack of blocking and it'll be the same result.

The OL looked better in the 2nd half but it mystifies me why it takes a half for Cable to adjust. Have a game plan going in, we shouldn't need a halftime reaming for that unit to play ball.
Maybe the Cards backed away from stuffing the box and played more nickel in the second half, given their lead.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
OL needs to be better.

But Rawls still doesn't feel like the future. Which is a shame. Because a year ago he looked sensational.

This team and the way it plays -- it feels like they need a superstar RB.

razor150

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":39tqyk6t said:
Cyrus12":39tqyk6t said:

They haven't all year, but at the beginning of the season it was Michael's fault. So at least some people are being consistent.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Lynch would have been lucky to get any yards with this o-line. Rawls runs too hard and looks for contact which is not what a guy his size should do. He would extend his career two fold if he tried to get the linebackers and safeties to miss him.

timmat

Reaction score
I can't believe folks are pointing the finger anywhere past this ridiculous O line. Give Rawls just a middle of the pack O line, and he'd be fine. Same goes for almost all of Russ's issues this year.

Comparisons to Lynch are absurd too. He was a generational type runner, and he too would be struggling behind this blocking.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I posted this same point on December 12 and everyone laughed at me.

I really think he is a bust. He has had a few good games and he is shining in a group of mediocre backs.

hawk45

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2fbqf6pr said:
OL needs to be better.

But Rawls still doesn't feel like the future. Which is a shame. Because a year ago he looked sensational.

This team and the way it plays -- it feels like they need a superstar RB.

Man I agree with this.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Our o line opens no holes for him, but this man is fragile as glass. Saying that I hope in the first round we go RB or OLine (obviously)

djb28

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1xl1mzsh said:
Pete just said on his presser that Rawls suffered a bruised shoulder. Really? No fracture, no break.....just a bruised shoulder. Man, what a disappointment
I bruised my fist punching the wall all afternoon, but I stayed in the game!