Honest opinion on Rawls

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":n4kec9xp said:
Rat":n4kec9xp said:
Rawls-Prosise could be such an exciting duo, but it's hard to imagine that they'll both be healthy at the same time much.

Perhaps they might shine in Game #1 of Pre-season? ;)
It may be a spectacular opening quarter.

Hawks46

Reaction score
In the Arizona game, Rawls had something like -30 yards before contact, meaning he was literally hit in the backfield on every play.

So tell me, what player in the NFL or college is going to be productive enough to make fans here happy ?

I can't think of one. Our OL is that bad at run blocking. It might be historically bad. 70's Bucs bad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":18lubfgb said:
"Thanks Marshawn for everything you've done, but we have Rawls now. We don't need you anymore.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

-All Seahawks fans at the end of last season.

Say what?

I'm calling horse puckey on that comment.

I doubt any genuine Hawks fan ever thought anything of the sort. The present mess at RB shows how much Lynch is missed.

Rawls has the heart of a great RB but his body hasn't shown any genuine ability to hold up to the pounding our team's OLine forces the RB to take. Behind a better line that doesn't allow the RB to be hit prior to reaching the LOS Rawls would not look that bad, but he certainly isn't Lynch. He's still the best RB on the team, though Prosise is intriguing in a different way as a change of pace back he looks unfortunately very injury prone as well.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
OK so we're trying to assess a 2 year RB with limited snaps in both years due to injury, the obvious statements to make:
1) too injury prone
2) he is not Marshawn Lynch

To both of these statements, I don't disagree with either actually but I love having him when he is healthy. Do not forget he led the league in rush per attempt last year pre broken ankle (this could have happened to any player, was not a typical instance of him playing beyond his size).

The jump cut he made against the Panthers on the long TD run was incredible, plus some of the bowling ball runs where what this team doesn't have with other RB options.

I'm pretty convinced if you get the combination of Prosise, Rawls and Wilson healthy, these 3 will be a nightmare running the ball at non-dominant fronts (Rams, Ravens etc). Come playoff time we might just see this, and then I think all this chat goes away into the darkness until the next time Rawls gets dinged up.

:irishdrinkers:

Slick

Reaction score
My opinion is that Rawls came into the league unheralded and with a lot to prove. He got his chance last year and ran without fear. Then the injury happened. Now he seems a little tentative and doesn't run through contact as much as before.

Alex Collins, for one series last Saturday, looked like 2015 Rawls. Decisive runs for chunks of 5+ yards.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
When do tandem running backs work as a whole? The way I see it is that your good run teams have the feature back, the every down back.

Procise Rawls Collins have such different running styles that each would require a different presnap look and require a different feel to the tempo. I ll assert that the Hawks were more successful running with lynch is not only Lynch was awesome, but everyone knew how lynch ran and when RW kept the ball it was a different feel but there was only one option. Either a or b.

Now with running by committee everyone sees something different even when starting from that retarded shotgun / halfback split out formation we run. How can an inexperienced line block if they don't know what's going on behind them. It's not like cable can say "fant out your left pad on the right side of that guy and drive." As only 2 of the 5 rbs are going to run that design route.

Settle on one then ride that horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk