Hilarious Manziel/RW comparison from a scout:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Evans was catching the passes so effortlessly during the gauntlet and good positioning/base on short catches. No doubt he wins most jump balls. Too bad we won't have a chance at him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This guy sure hasn't watched RW much, better arm, riiiiiight, watch Johnny Football throw Ints as a pro, RW understands the importance of protecting the ball. So sorry but I'll keep a proven winner over this year's great hope.

Exittium

Reaction score
Anyone who says Mangina or whatever his name is, is better then wilson needs to be punched in the d!ck. Manziel hasn't played in the NFL, Wilson's been here 2 yrs and Won a SB. And I'm sure if we were a pass heavy team (which we're not) Wilson would probably look even better.

scakfan

Reaction score
Just one of many who missed big time on RW and feel a need to top it by trying to degrade him. Stupid noise from the many morons...

SirTed

Reaction score
I know we're all saying it but...

I don't understand the statement made about Wilson's arm. To a certain extent I understand when people criticize elements of Wilson's game, especially those that are intangible (although I disagree with them) but his arm?

All you have to do is put the game on. The guy has a rocket arm. Maybe not Favian or Georgian but a huge, "I've played baseball my whole life, and know how to get every last inch out of my arm" arm.

That's just silly.

plyka

Reaction score
Seafan":35dznr5b said:
Manziel has an average NFL caliber arm. He's going to make some money but I'm going to laugh at the team that drafts him.

It's not an average arm, it is well below average in my opinion.

I’m not too high on Manziel. His size is obviously a question mark, but in my mind his arm strength and playing style are bigger question marks.

The combine did not change my mind one bit, except we all know that Manziel is just not as athletic as Kaep or Wilson or Newton.

The eye test tells me that his arm is weak for the NFL. His throws tend to flutter on him, and that won’t do it in the NFL. Also, his playing style is not conducive to the NFL. Just look at the difference between Russell Wilson and Johnny football. Wilson is dependent on SAFE HIGH PERCENTAGE plays. In fact, his coach had the leash tight for the first 8 games of his career. Even now, he doesn’t take too many risks. Wilson is based on high efficiency, and if the play breaks down, to either scramble or make a play on the run. This last part is the only similarity between Wilson and johnny. However, Wilson is stronger, faster and down right more athletic, he also has a much stronger arm. Can you imagine Johnny football getting away from NFL defensive linemen, like he does with the college guys? If an NFL linemen gets a hand on him, Johnny will come down. If he gets in a foot race with an NFL linemen, running a 4.7 40, I don’t know if he will have much success running away from them. And his weak arm, unlike Wilson, makes it so he is not going to be able to do those passes on the run like Wilson.

But the biggest difference of all is that Wilson was a 3rd round draft pick. Johnny football might be taken in the top 3 overall.

I think Manziel is setting up for the biggest bust in this year’s draft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Manziel does NOTHING better than Russell, except I think he had a slightly faster 40 time.

So not only does he not do anything tangibly better, all his intangibles like work ethic, preparation skills, possible off the field issues, smarts and his penchant for taking risks and getting hammered like RG3 and Vick..............and it all adds up to idiot comparison.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qmxjn99 said:
Manziel does NOTHING better than Russell, except I think he had a slightly faster 40 time.

So not only does he not do anything tangibly better, all his intangibles like work ethic, preparation skills, possible off the field issues, smarts and his penchant for taking risks and getting hammered like RG3 and Vick..............and it all adds up to idiot comparison.
Manziel clocked at 4.68 while Wilson was 4.55 iirc.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":o85ieqkq said:

Johnny's official time was 4.68. Russell ran a 4.55/40 at the Combine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":6w1kvvqu said:
Sgt. Largent":6w1kvvqu said:

Johnny's official time was 4.68. Russell ran a 4.55/40 at the Combine.

Like I said, Manziel does NOTHING better than Russell :D

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I was at the Super Bowl with friends from Boston, surrounded by Bronco fans. All of them were marvelling at RW's arm strength and how they all thought he easily had a top 10 NFL arm.

RW is just amazing at knowing when to use it. It's really an underrated part of any QBs game as it shows a real understanding of coverage/timing.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Manziel looks to have a pretty good arm to me. Not quite as strong as Wilson and definitely not as strong a Kapernick but definitely an NFL quality arm. Whether or not he has the leadership skills and drive to become great is questionable but I don't know why you would question is athletic ability and arm strength.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2dm1cniy said:
Manziel looks to have a pretty good arm to me. Not quite as strong as Wilson and definitely not as strong a Kapernick but definitely an NFL quality arm. Whether or not he has the leadership skills and drive to become great is questionable but I don't know why you would question is athletic ability and arm strength.

There are plenty that are questioning his arm strength

plyka

Reaction score
Natethegreat":d66pdzbi said:

I would agree that his arm is "good enough" if he is sitting in the pocket, sets his feet, and uses proper anticipation to get his passes off. We see that with Manning. Perhaps the weakest arm of any NFL QB, but his anticipation is so good, that he is the best QB in the league.

But, that's now what Manziel is going to do. He is going to go into his Russell Wilson impersonation, bust out of the pocket and attempt one of those throw accross your body to the left while running to the right routines. No way his arm is strong enough for that action boss.

TDBinOLY

Reaction score
Manziel has no pocket discipline. One read and off he goes. A good NFL defense will tear him to pieces. However, I think that he is a smart guy and will benefit enormously from some coaching up.

He's no Russell Wilson though, not even close.

randomation

Reaction score
TDBinOLY":35q169vk said:
Manziel has no pocket discipline. One read and off he goes. A good NFL defense will tear him to pieces. However, I think that he is a smart guy and will benefit enormously from some coaching up.

So basically Kaep 2.0

JMR

Reaction score
TDBinOLY":yrvzdc33 said:

I really haven't seen Manziel get a chance to show off his football smarts. Hopefully Gruden has him on that QB camp thing he does with the top prospects so we can get a window into that part of his game. I'm skeptical that he's got it etween the ears.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Put me down as somebody that can't wait to see what Johnny Football does in the NFL. The kid does have a lot of fight in him and was certainly entertaining to watch. No doubt he will bring a lot of attention wherever he winds up. I hope he succeeds in a place like Cleveland, who could use some time in the spotlight. Who knows, maybe he can do well despite his flaws. Lots of people doubted Wilson and countless others who found a way to be solid pros (Sherman, Browner, Largent, etc and so forth.)

CPHawk

Reaction score
Jaws said he broke down JM games, and he wouldn't draft him in the first 3 rounds. In his opinion the WR bailed him out, and all his running around won't work in the NFL.

Latest posts