Hey NFL: We're Baaaaaaack!

Cartire

Reaction score
drdiags":1309nedu said:
This game concerned me as well as the upcoming Ravens game. Was really odd to see the Vikings not put up a stronger game. Though it didn't hurt losing several key players during the game. I figured the defense would be fine, it is the big game gunslingers that will eat their lunch. Bridgewater is still developing so one wouldn't expect he would shred the team.

I think this year any impact the team can make toward winning it all will have to come from the offense. The defense just has issues unless Frank Clark can help provide that middle push like he did today. I think this season has been good for the team and the fans. Nothing is easy. You have to earn it.

Let snot forget. The defense gave up 0 points today.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Loved seeing the guys loving their brothers, offense cheering for defense and vice versa. Marshawn was right when he said the team was unrecognizable. Now they are back! Just take care of business in the next three games and then it's the unfinished business playoff tour!

JonRud

Reaction score
Pete writes in his book 'Win Forever' about how he builds his teams to peak at the end of the season and play their best football. We have seen that every year since 2011 and we are seeing it again. It's a beautiful thing to see.

What is truly painful is if we hadn't blown all those games to the Rams, Panthers & Bengals we could legitimately be in the hunt for a 1st round bye. As it stands we will have to see if the Hawks can win the wildcard path.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have to admit, I have felt this team was missing that edge that made them scary in the past. That edge was out in full force on Sunday. It has brought back an air of excitement and possibilities. When looking back, even without that edge, we had leads in the 4th quarter of EVERY game. This team can definitely go places in the playoffs as long as we remain healthy and play with that extra fire we've seen recently.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kidhawk":v4a1n5xc said:
This team can definitely go places in the playoffs as long as we remain healthy and play with that extra fire we've seen recently.

If we can speak frankly, the injury plague is what caused us to lose the SB last year. Staying healthy is critical this time of year......and it only takes one key player going down to marginalize our play.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
JonRud":3akbswew said:
Pete writes in his book 'Win Forever' about how he builds his teams to peak at the end of the season and play their best football. We have seen that every year since 2011 and we are seeing it again. It's a beautiful thing to see.

What is truly painful is if we hadn't blown all those games to the Rams, Panthers & Bengals we could legitimately be in the hunt for a 1st round bye. As it stands we will have to see if the Hawks can win the wildcard path.

PC's tactics are genius. Case in point, this past week prepping for the Vikings game and showing the team highlights of the various current players their college highlights, or possibly further back. After the Vikings game, a few players talked about that. I was thinking, how much fun that would've been, as a team watching that.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
The reaction of Seattle's remaining opponents watching highlights from the Viking's game:

RepulsiveEvergreenHare.gif

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":3b9wctjc said:
FearTheBeak":3b9wctjc said:
Maybe I'm being a homer but it just looked like their body language was different after the first couple of series. They seem to have gotten a little bit of that swagger back.

You're not being a homer, it's palpable. They've got their swagger back.

Yup, it's pretty evident.

I thought this was going to be a closer game, but if we shut down their run game, and established ours, it would be a 10 point win. I thought our passing game would struggle against the former 3rd overall passing defense. Boy, I'm glad to be wrong on some aspects of that.

Sure, the Vikings might've been over rated, but they were a legit 8-3 team that was doing what it was supposed to: take care of their schedule. I think they're better than we made them look, but we match up well against them. A few bad calls their way didn't help them out either.

I'd really like to see the offense keep rolling like this. It stands to reason that it will: we're playing the Ravens and Browns, The Ravens have the 14th overall defense and are giving up 24.2 ppg, the Browns are the 29th ranked defense and are giving up 28.9 ppg. Then we get a test with a decent Rams defense, but at home. That kind of momentum would have us rolling into Arizona like an avalanche.

I'm also surprised at this point of the season, with all our well publicized problems, we're still the 2nd ranked defense overall, 2nd in points allowed, 3rd in rush yards allowed, and 4th in pass yards allowed. We bitch about how bad the defense has been (and there's been times it's been terrible in the 4th quarter), but with our personnel problems to start the year, how many teams would like to be where we are right now ?

Couple this with the top ranked rush offense in the league at 146.6 ypg, the 7th ranked overall offense, and the 8th ranked in scoring, and we're starting to look really balanced. If we can dominate lesser talented teams the next three games, we will be at the top of the league in offense and defense going into the playoffs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1po792xh said:
kidhawk":1po792xh said:
This team can definitely go places in the playoffs as long as we remain healthy and play with that extra fire we've seen recently.

If we can speak frankly, the injury plague is what caused us to lose the SB last year. Staying healthy is critical this time of year......and it only takes one key player going down to marginalize our play.

Just the very last one. Avril getting pulled from the game killed our pass rush.

irocdave

Reaction score
The Hawks needed some tomato cans at just the right time and they are now getting to them and doing what they are supposed to with them. Winning brings back the confidence, the schedule maker did no favors for the Hawks this year. Lots of tough games to start the year coming off a heartbreaking loss in the biggest of games, the Kam holdout, O line losses etc. I go back to the hit Kam put on the Stealers TE last weekend. That hit took him out of the game even though he jumped up and acted normal right after it happened. Kam is now back. Benching the corner who no longer plays for the team / getting Lane and Shead back also helped shore up the D.