Help Needed: Can you post a picture of your tickets?

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
I am buying some tickets to the 49ers game off someone on craigslist, and since I'm dropping some serious coin, I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. Can you post a picture of your tickets so I know what they are supposed to look like? Thanks.

671hawk

Reaction score
Havent received my season tickets yet. No one I know has either.

Are you getting real ticket stubs or just a ticketmaster print out?

OP
OP
RobBaker7714409

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Supposed to be real tickets that allegedly just arrived today from Ticketmaster.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I just got some in the mail that I bought from Stub Hub that are a print out from Ticketmaster.

nsport

Reaction score
Be careful - the best way to test is to run the barcode on NFL Ticket Exchange to see if it's valid. Otherwise - run... no recourse unless you have all of his personal info, even then it's super tough to get your cash back. Buy from a reputable source if you can.

zerohero65

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be a little nervous about dropping that kind of money on Craigslist tickets. I dont worry about buying $20 Timbers tickets on Craigslist, but I always buy my seahawks tickets on eBay. Being ale to check the sellers feedback rating is worth the peace of mind, and you don't have to pay transaction fees like on stubhub (as a buyer anyway).

12HawkFan

Reaction score
It's a scam.

No way to even prevent real tickets from being transferred to someone else electronically and the ones you have are WORTHLESS.

Only way to protect yourself is to use Stub Hub, Razor Gator or the NFL ticket exchange that involves the SELLERS credit card to prevent fraud.

I have been a season ticket holder for over twenty years and I have not seen mine yet.

I smell nothing but a financial hardship in your future if you go through with this.

Buyer beware.

GO HAWKS!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
You can use PayPal but not sure how long you have to submit a complaint. That is what I do for any Craigslist tickets. I would also ask to see his drivers license or similar.

nsport

Reaction score
If the guy really wants to sell them, have him email a photo of the bar codes then check them on NFL Ticket Exchange. I'm pretty sure that still works... but... as others have mentioned, after selling to you he can print a whole new set of barcodes if he's a season ticket holder and sell to someone else then your tickets become invalid. It's all very sketchy. Using the credible source is the key.

bryantology79

Reaction score
what if they are hard tickets? does the season ticket holder have the option to print more with different barcodes?

nsport

Reaction score
bryantology79":330wndib said:
what if they are hard tickets? does the season ticket holder have the option to print more with different barcodes?

Yes they do... but the good news is that's not likely to happen because it tracks back to the STH in that case. I don't think a STH wants his ticket rights pulled if he scams someone.

bryantology79

Reaction score
this thread has me freaked out. i have my sellers phone #, address and license plate # cause i had her meet me when i paid for half as a deposit a few weeks ago. hopefully it's enough to put her in jail if she tries any funny business.

mikeak

Reaction score
People being able to scam you doesn't mean they will do. Someone willing to give up all that information isn't very likely to scam you IMHO but it is a risk.

The NFL are greasy and charge absorbent fees for the ticket exchange that is the crux of the problem.

If you put down the deposit do you really have a choice....

-The Glove-

Reaction score
My friend bought a ticket from a guy from craigslist. We have since bought tickets for several games from him and are first in line for games this season. It's definitely a gamble but it's not as bad as most say. Get as much info as you can and double check to make sure the tix are legit. I'd shy away from printouts tho because they could easily photocopy several of them and then it's pretty much whoever gets there first. If you don't like going through brokers, try eBay. Everybody says to stay away from them too, but PayPal is a godsend and I never have had any issues with tix.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
As a STH, you are able to sell tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange, forward to a friend, or print PDF tickets right now.
I haven't tested it out the printing, but I have sold a pair to a preseason game.
No word on when the hard tickets will be mailed, any day I'm sure.
Technically, I could print tickets now and sell them.
Trust is very important when dealing outside the guaranteed sellers. Good Luck.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I've bought and sold tickets on CL before and had no problem. The real issue I would have right now is this....to my knowledge, no season tickets have been Expressed out yet. So saying he has a hard copy in hand is troublesome. If he is the season ticket holder, have him email you the tickets directly from his Seahawks account.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am looking at getting tickets and the guy just told me the following:

On the Seahawks account manager page you can transfer the tickets electronically

So if you are meeting in person have him log on via a smartphone and do that transfer in front of you then hand him the rest of the money.

Not a season ticket holder so no clue how to get there etc

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1q6tbzo4 said:
It's a scam.

No way to even prevent real tickets from being transferred to someone else electronically and the ones you have are WORTHLESS.

Only way to protect yourself is to use Stub Hub, Razor Gator or the NFL ticket exchange that involves the SELLERS credit card to prevent fraud.

I have been a season ticket holder for over twenty years and I have not seen mine yet.

I smell nothing but a financial hardship in your future if you go through with this.

Buyer beware.

GO HAWKS!!!

I am a manager at a large retail company and just saying,,,, even with a drivers license number, really doesnt mean anything anymore nowadays. I ve seen substantially large checks bounce even with a drivers license number on it and there is still nothing you can do to track your money down. Someone has to be able to find the person and if the info is fake there is nothing anyone can do.

mikeak

Reaction score
I just paid a person via paypal

Within five minutes he transferred the tickets via the Seahawks account page

The tickets now belongs to me

This is how you do it safely even if using craigslist. If meeting in person have them do the transfer in front of you and accept right there in front of them

Latest posts