Hearing reports of strong offer from Commanders for Russ

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":119jflgx said:
John63":119jflgx said:
TwistedHusky":119jflgx said:
I am sure Wilson's crew will continue to leak them.

But the Hawks need to hold on to Wilson for as long as they can.

Because it is difficult to get a good QB.

How difficult?

Mitch Trubisky is supposedly signing a 10M a year contract soon. Yes, that Mitch.

You don't want to be looking for a QB when you don't have one. Or you sign someone like Jimmy G to a big contract.

So. Ahh your proof it's Wilson's team doing the leaking?

Maybe let people draw the logical conclusion without aggressively spamming at them in anger, hmm?

Not in anger simple question if you're going to say "I am sure Wilson's crew will continue to leak them." OR even "I am sure the Hawks crew will continue to leak": then you should have proof. I am asking for it. If you do great let's see if not maybe you should not assume.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
John,

Would you agree that Wilson is incredibly shrewd, savvy, and calculating? (Is that even a negative?)

It is well known that his team leaks talking points to certain interviewers in order for him to promote certain objectives without looking like he is beating the table for it.

And there is enough smoke, on both sides, to indicate both sides are leaking. That is called looking for leverage and it is standard.

Not sure what the umbrage is about. Or the need to defend.

Wilson is a business making over 100 million in a time period. Of course, he has teams that not only advise but likely steer and execute.

Look at the last few years.

We have had leaks from the Seahawk side about Wilson's 'deficiencies'.

And leaks from Wilson's side about issues with the coaching staff (freezing him out) and other issues he might be frustrated about.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Now that GB has signed Erin its been reported that Denver is gonna push hard for Wilson. Let the bidding continue!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point Cyrus. This ridiculous Erin contract (esp if the 153 guaranteed is accurate) has changed a LOT.

Russ' trade value flat out did just go up. He might be my favorite player, but if I'm JS, I'm listening to these offers. IF someone blows you away, you gotta' seriously consider it.
Also, I have accepted that Russ will not be playing here past the 2022 season. I just can't see any way they extend him at that ridiculous $ that Lord Rodgers is getting.
Should be a VERY interesting few weeks coming up. I suspect the phone will be ringing a lot this week. Denver, Philly, Giants, LV, Washington (again) to name a few.
Get a massive offer you can't refuse, DON'T REFUSE IT. Just my own opinion.

iigakusei

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2scix8fa said:
Good point Cyrus. This ridiculous Erin contract (esp if the 153 guaranteed is accurate) has changed a LOT.

Russ' trade value flat out did just go up. He might be my favorite player, but if I'm JS, I'm listening to these offers. IF someone blows you away, you gotta' seriously consider it.
Also, I have accepted that Russ will not be playing here past the 2022 season. I just can't see any way they extend him at that ridiculous $ that Lord Rodgers is getting.
Should be a VERY interesting few weeks coming up. I suspect the phone will be ringing a lot this week. Denver, Philly, Giants, LV, Washington (again) to name a few.
Get a massive offer you can't refuse, DON'T REFUSE IT. Just my own opinion.
Agree 100% - you can't give Russ $50Mil, and realistically they don't have the roster to compete for a Championship in the next couple years, so best to trade him now. Problem is that Pete wont want to do it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
50 million is crazy..not sure how you can build a talented overall team when one guy takes that much chunk of cap. Seahawks need to at least listen to the offer as I dont think Wilson stays passed the expiry of his current deal.

James in PA

Reaction score
IF Russ is not going to be a Hawks long term, NOW is absolutely the time to trade him. Erin is no longer available, so RW is the best option out there. Many QB-needy teams coupled with a crappy draft class. Not necessarily saying I am in favor of it, but if there are no plans to extend him, this is the time to make that trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
James in PA":17473gu1 said:
IF Russ is not going to be a Hawks long term, NOW is absolutely the time to trade him. Erin is no longer available, so RW is the best option out there. Many QB-needy teams coupled with a crappy draft class. Not necessarily saying I am in favor of it, but if there are no plans to extend him, this is the time to make that trade.

Why now and not next off season after seeing if Russ can regain his eliteness and health?

IMO next off season is when the rubber meets the road on whether Wilson, and Carroll and Schneider for that matter are in the Hawk's long term plans.

Obviously ownership decided that they're going to let Pete run it back one more year to see if he can turn this around.

Trading Russell now means you're instantly in rebuild mode. That usually means new coach and/or GM.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Just a shout out to all those that said I was wrong. As I stated he and Carroll could not coincide anymore and once they announced Carroll was staying he was as good as gone. Will be missed but had to make the move.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gq55hr7 said:
James in PA":1gq55hr7 said:

Why now and not next off season after seeing if Russ can regain his eliteness and health?

IMO next off season is when the rubber meets the road on whether Wilson, and Carroll and Schneider for that matter are in the Hawk's long term plans.

Obviously ownership decided that they're going to let Pete run it back one more year to see if he can turn this around.

Trading Russell now means you're instantly in rebuild mode. That usually means new coach and/or GM.
Well, if you wait until then, Russ will be a year older. Also, with Erin now out of the picture and plenty of QB needy teams at the moment, Russ would be be the most attractive guy right now. not sure that will be the case next off-season if Russ struggles some again this season. Furthermore, I'm assuming the quarterback draft class will look better next year than the current one.

James in PA

Reaction score
OMG!!!! I didn't even see the news of him being traded to Denver when I made that last post! See! I told you this was the year to do it!
;)

Fade

Reaction score
James in PA":2vz2u6k0 said:
OMG!!!! I didn't even see the news of him being traded to Denver when I made that last post! See! I told you this was the year to do it!
;)

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, celebrating the fact that the Seahawks have now become the Lions. :shock:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":25cwpa2z said:
seabowl":25cwpa2z said:
John63":25cwpa2z said:
jlwaters1":25cwpa2z said:
Discontent with coaching staff? You mean the like thr coach he HELPED PICK.
That doesn’t make much sense.

I would bet money Wilson plays for the Seahawks in 2022.
He has no leverage, I don’t see any incentive for the Seahawks to ship him off.

He already said he wants to stay, Hawks already said they aren't getting rid of him. It's over except for the media who wants clicks Nd some fans who are gullible.

Just watch. Again IMO he will be traded.

I think your over riding desire to see him traded has clouded your ability to clearly see the reality. The starting QB for Seattle in 2022 will be Russell Wilson.

Oops. Guess I was wrong. Sadly! :(

Fade

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1p0y1282 said:
I wonder what the skins offer looked like and I'd rw3 boycotted the trade??

I'm willing to bet a lot more, but that's what no trade clauses are for.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":2izs3mz7 said:
jlwaters1":2izs3mz7 said:
seabowl":2izs3mz7 said:
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

He already said he wants to stay, Hawks already said they aren't getting rid of him. It's over except for the media who wants clicks Nd some fans who are gullible.

Ouch.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3nb83qhe said:
John63":3nb83qhe said:
jlwaters1":3nb83qhe said:
seabowl":3nb83qhe said:
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

Ouch.

They had to trade him. As I have been saying he and Carroll cannot coexist.

Latest posts