Hearing reports of strong offer from Commanders for Russ

nanomoz

Reaction score
seabowl":1yvw1zu4 said:
nanomoz":1yvw1zu4 said:
Bucs are purportedly in the hunt, too.

[youtube]uDZ53-eaY3M[/youtube]

This guy has a a complete blowhard. He said they could use another receiver? Lockett, DK, Eskeidge, Swain… shows he knows nothing. Making stuff up for listeners is all he’s doing.

So you're sold on Eskridge after the whole 17 minutes he played in 2021?

Blowhard or not, it's well established that Cowherd and Russ are connected.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
If the package is right I think we have to move him. I’m not convinced that this team is close to a Super Bowl.

I think we build the defensive and offensive lines and gamble on a young QB.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Back in 1977, when I was home on post-boot camp leave, I was hanging out on the Puyallup cruising loop when one of my high school buddies showed up with a sweet Dodge Charger. I immediatley made him a 'strong offer' for his car, more than it was worth because I really wanted it. He turned me down flat, because he also really valued it.

I see a lot of the same dynamic in play here as well. In the long run my buddy was correct in not selling, and so are we in not selling Russell.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
GeekHawk":29lx0i9w said:
Back in 1977, when I was home on post-boot camp leave, I was hanging out on the Puyallup cruising loop when one of my high school buddies showed up with a sweet Dodge Charger. I immediatley made him a 'strong offer' for his car, more than it was worth because I really wanted it. He turned me down flat, because he also really valued it.

I see a lot of the same dynamic in play here as well. In the long run my buddy was correct in not selling, and so are we in not selling Russell.

Yeah but 3 years later the Charger was older and he could have been riding in a much newer vehicle. Pete is staying and as one said before he and Russ cannot coincide anymore. Russ has shown some deterioration the last 2 years with Pete at the helm so imo if you get a crazy offer you have to take it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
With Dan Snyder still calling the shots for Washington, this is an opportunity to absolutely fleece someone. Snyder will overpay for anyone. :stirthepot:

toffee

Reaction score
WmHBonney":xsrtcqtv said:
With Dan Snyder still calling the shots for Washington, this is an opportunity to absolutely fleece someone. Snyder will overpay for anyone. :stirthepot:
To sign Russ, Snyder need to go all out, he could start with giving part of the team to Russ, making him a part owner. He must also let Russ pick his own GM and HC.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1bl2a324 said:

except and once again Wilson already said no to Washington and he has a no-trade clause.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":37rqq4v7 said:
John63":37rqq4v7 said:
toffee":37rqq4v7 said:
John63":37rqq4v7 said:
The question to answer first is what do they want for the rest of PC time her?

Do they want to rebuild if so get rid of Wilson, Wagner, Lockett, Dk, Adams

Do they want to contend then you keep them and fix your o and d line

That's pretty much it. All this knowing that in the end as it relates to Wilson he has a no-trade clause. So you are only going to be able to trade him where he wants to go. Those thinking commander or whatever Wilson already said no fyi so did the hawks.

For me it is simply given this FO history of late drafting and FAs if they trade Wilson I don't see us competing in any way for at least 5 years. IF we keep Wilson and can add a few pieces barring injuries we Can compete.

so the question is do we compete now or 5 years from now maybe.

I say this knowing there is a certain faction that would have given back the Sb win to get rid of Wilson, yes I know for a fact as I put up a survey some time ago and there was a group who said they would.

That aside both PC and Wilson made it pretty clear he is not going any place.

Ultimate love involves sacrifice, this diehard Russell Wilson homer is willing to sacrifice by seeing Mr. Wilson become Mr. Commander. Only if Daniel Schneifer sells x% of team to Russ, and trade his top three defense player plus 4 first rounders to hawks.

Ahh I never said any of that.

I am willing to make that sacrifice, as much as it causes me pain. Quite sure that Mr. Wilson's future plans will get a boost by becoming part owner of Commanders, come to think of it, he must insist on having a say in picking the GM and HC.

except and once again Wilson said no to Washington and he has a no-trade clause. and once again you reply to me and your reply has nothigni to do withany thign I said.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
John63":1ddyxjzd said:
WmHBonney":1ddyxjzd said:

except and once again Wilson already said no to Washington and he has a no-trade clause.

What if the Seahawks decide to play hardball? What if they convince Russ that, long term, it might be in his own best interest to go along with a trade to whatever team? There are ways to work around a no trade clause. I'm not advocating trading him. But if Snyder wants to overpay, then they should listen.

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3bd7vjru said:
John63":3bd7vjru said:
WmHBonney":3bd7vjru said:

What if the Seahawks decide to play hardball? What if they convince Russ that, long term, it might be in his own best interest to go along with a trade to whatever team? There are ways to work around a no trade clause. I'm not advocating trading him. But if Snyder wants to overpay, then they should listen.

What exactly can they really do to work around his no-trade clause? Threaten to sit him? that would make them look really stupid. AS to convince him really do you really think they can convince him to go to Washington knowing they will be giving up the farm? Also, you are forgetting Seattle said no too. Any hardball they could play with Wilson to get him to remove his no-trade clause woudl backfire on them as well. The only way Wilson would okay a trade is if it's to a team he thinks he can win an SB with and that would mean they would not be giving away the farm and then would also mean the FO said they don't want him. Neither of which is likely.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
seabowl":3r4vdrhs said:
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

Discontent with coaching staff? You mean the like thr coach he HELPED PICK.
That doesn’t make much sense.

I would bet money Wilson plays for the Seahawks in 2022.
He has no leverage, I don’t see any incentive for the Seahawks to ship him off.

John63

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1qkg49sv said:
seabowl":1qkg49sv said:
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

He already said he wants to stay, Hawks already said they aren't getting rid of him. It's over except for the media who wants clicks Nd some fans who are gullible.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
John63":2vc6avk8 said:
jlwaters1":2vc6avk8 said:
seabowl":2vc6avk8 said:

He already said he wants to stay, Hawks already said they aren't getting rid of him. It's over except for the media who wants clicks Nd some fans who are gullible.

Just watch. Again IMO he will be traded.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
seabowl":ffxiuxyi said:
John63":ffxiuxyi said:
jlwaters1":ffxiuxyi said:
seabowl":ffxiuxyi said:

Just watch. Again IMO he will be traded.

I think your over riding desire to see him traded has clouded your ability to clearly see the reality. The starting QB for Seattle in 2022 will be Russell Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":2418tljp said:
jlwaters1":2418tljp said:
seabowl":2418tljp said:

There was a Russell Wilson impersonator making fake news that he was exploring opportunities. Glad that John63, the only person with 24x7 attachments the Real Russell Wilson, clarify that the real Russell Wilson is not leaving or flirting with other teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
keasley45":1p8cscce said:
Talk around the DC, Maryland and Virginia area have been that Washington plans to do whatever is necessary to get a franchise qb under center this year. A friend of mine is convinced that any deal will include a marque defensive player or two and picks.

Not sure the chatter about an offer is true, but it would be consistent with what's been talked about for weeks now.
It would take more than that. Think Hershel Walker trade.
If all it took were 1 defensive player and 2 picks Russ would have been traded long before now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":1s8r4u5g said:
sutz":1s8r4u5g said:
Somehow, even if the team were to entertain the idea (they won't) I don't see Russ waiving his no-trade clause to go to Washington.

:229031_shrug:

He’s from Virginia. Pretty close to DC. Oh and by the way, he’s gone, just watch. Love him but he and Carroll cannot coincidence anymore.
And he now lives in Cali.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3l5tcaph said:
James in PA":3l5tcaph said:
As always, one of the major problems with trading RW is that he'll instantly make his new team better. Getting an extra pick in the 20's for the next 2-3 drafts isn't all that enticing. Now if could somehow be guaranteed that at least one of those multiple first rounders will be a top 5, now you're onto something. That's why a team like the Giants makes sense, but it sounds like they're sticking with Danny Dimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thought that top picks are certain home runs is laughable .... Aaron curry anyone ? You guys act like we trade Wilson and magically get impact players automatically.... Of course even if that was the case.. odds say it's not btw... We still have no QB close to starting caliber and we won't get one with any of these hypothetical unicorn first round picks.
This.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":3cq5t6ui said:
WmHBonney":3cq5t6ui said:
To sign Russ, Snyder need to go all out, he could start with giving part of the team to Russ, making him a part owner. He must also let Russ pick his own GM and HC.

I think that is illegal according to the CBA.