Hearing reports of strong offer from Commanders for Russ

Ambrose83

Reaction score
James in PA":18ru28si said:
As always, one of the major problems with trading RW is that he'll instantly make his new team better. Getting an extra pick in the 20's for the next 2-3 drafts isn't all that enticing. Now if could somehow be guaranteed that at least one of those multiple first rounders will be a top 5, now you're onto something. That's why a team like the Giants makes sense, but it sounds like they're sticking with Danny Dimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thought that top picks are certain home runs is laughable .... Aaron curry anyone ? You guys act like we trade Wilson and magically get impact players automatically.... Of course even if that was the case.. odds say it's not btw... We still have no QB close to starting caliber and we won't get one with any of these hypothetical unicorn first round picks.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2m38ko9z said:
LOL!!! zero chance Russ gets traded. ZERO, Logic for god's sake. Think it through. Trading Russ makes the team an instant rebuild. Pete isn't down for a re build. Zero reason to trade him unless you want to go back to 25 years of mediocrity.

Rebuild? If they trade him they will undoubtedly take all that capital and build what Pete wants, a great running game and defensive ends to pressure opponents qb’s among other things. Without that capital they are what you saw last year. They will not break the bank on a qb.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":1e8ghmv3 said:
Talk around the DC, Maryland and Virginia area have been that Washington plans to do whatever is necessary to get a franchise qb under center this year. A friend of mine is convinced that any deal will include a marque defensive player or two and picks.

Not sure the chatter about an offer is true, but it would be consistent with what's been talked about for weeks now.

I know they listen... it wouldn't make since not to. I guess if you're the Hawks there are two questions to be asking yourself.

What would we have to get to make it worthwhile to trade Wilson?

and then if we can get some ridiculous price for him is worth trading him?

Personally, I question if it's worth it... but then again, I don't have the Seahawks scouting report on FA or draft picks we will see when the draft comes around...if it's going to happen it will be then...

90% no

LTH

massari

Reaction score
Lol teams don't want a mid 30's QB who isn't mobile anymore, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game.

Remember, defenses have figured him out since midway through the 2020 season, and you all are suggesting some kind of king's ransom?!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
massari":1lm6xgs4 said:
Lol teams don't want a mid 30's QB who isn't mobile anymore, can't produce from the pocket and needs an elite run game.

Remember, defenses have figured him out since midway through the 2020 season, and you all are suggesting some kind of king's ransom?!

That’s why I say if you get it, take the deal.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
what defensive players are available?

Are the Commanders are wiling to part with Payne & Young plus the #11 pick? If so, I'd willing to think about that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
You can’t trade a QB without having a QB to take his spot. In no world is old man Pete interested in going through the 2022 season with a backup as the starter.

And drafting a starting caliber WB is probably not happening. The supposed top qb in the draft just measured in with 8 inch hands. That would be the smallest hands in the NFL for a QB. Add that to the fact he isn’t great, so that makes him very unappealing.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I would surprised if a trade happens this far out from the draft. Could the Seahawks brass be setting up a draft day trade, possibly. If there’s a QB in this draft that they are considering then why would they tip off other team and possibly lose out on him?

They reason why you push for a high pick is so you can make sure you get your guy. If Washington wants Russ bad enough, and Russ would certainly be a huge PR turnaround for them, they should be willing to pay a king’s random. At the very least maybe it drives the prices up for teams.

nwHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":2qkcdres said:
You can’t trade a QB without having a QB to take his spot. In no world is old man Pete interested in going through the 2022 season with a backup as the starter.

And drafting a starting caliber WB is probably not happening. The supposed top qb in the draft just measured in with 8 inch hands. That would be the smallest hands in the NFL for a QB. Add that to the fact he isn’t great, so that makes him very unappealing.

When all is said and done, he’ll end up down in the second round. Other QBs are going to rise up past him.

keasley45

Reaction score
massari":e4pgohr1 said:

Ian Rappaport reported multiple first round picks were offered by Washington...

massari

Reaction score
keasley45":k7yizhra said:
Can't be true. Mike Salk and Seahawks bloggers say the league has figured him out, lost his scrambling ability, isn't a pocket passer, needs elite run game, and isn't even a top 15 QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
massari":32tticn0 said:
keasley45":32tticn0 said:
Can't be true. Mike Salk and Seahawks bloggers say the league has figured him out, lost his scrambling ability, isn't a pocket passer, needs elite run game, and isn't even a top 15 QB.

Russel has been figured out to an extent.

AND

He is still one of the best in the league.

AND

Dan Snyder has a reputation for making really stupid deals.

These things are not mutually exclusive. All are true.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
CPHawk":2smu9e9c said:

They would not start a rookie QB. They’ll get an experienced player like Bridgewater, build the line, draft or pick up a really good rb, and draft/acquire DE’s.

John63

Reaction score
The question to answer first is what do they want for the rest of PC time her?

Do they want to rebuild if so get rid of Wilson, Wagner, Lockett, Dk, Adams

Do they want to contend then you keep them and fix your o and d line

That's pretty much it. All this knowing that in the end as it relates to Wilson he has a no-trade clause. So you are only going to be able to trade him where he wants to go. Those thinking commander or whatever Wilson already said no fyi so did the hawks.

For me it is simply given this FO history of late drafting and FAs if they trade Wilson I don't see us competing in any way for at least 5 years. IF we keep Wilson and can add a few pieces barring injuries we Can compete.

so the question is do we compete now or 5 years from now maybe.

I say this knowing there is a certain faction that would have given back the Sb win to get rid of Wilson, yes I know for a fact as I put up a survey some time ago and there was a group who said they would.

That aside both PC and Wilson made it pretty clear he is not going any place.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Bucs are purportedly in the hunt, too.

[youtube]uDZ53-eaY3M[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
John63":1fqc0jwo said:

That's pretty much it. All this knowing that in the end as it relates to Wilson he has a no-trade clause. So you are only going to be able to trade him where he wants to go. Those thinking commander or whatever Wilson already said no fyi so did the hawks.

For me it is simply given this FO history of late drafting and FAs if they trade Wilson I don't see us competing in any way for at least 5 years. IF we keep Wilson and can add a few pieces barring injuries we Can compete.

I say this knowing there is a certain faction that would have given back the Sb win to get rid of Wilson, yes I know for a fact as I put up a survey some time ago and there was a group who said they would.

Ultimate love involves sacrifice, this diehard Russell Wilson homer is willing to sacrifice by seeing Mr. Wilson become Mr. Commander. Only if Daniel Schneifer sells x% of team to Russ, and trade his top three defense player plus 4 first rounders to hawks.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":1dirty2t said:
John63":1dirty2t said:

Ultimate love involves sacrifice, this diehard Russell Wilson homer is willing to sacrifice by seeing Mr. Wilson become Mr. Commander. Only if Daniel Schneifer sells x% of team to Russ, and trade his top three defense player plus 4 first rounders to hawks.

Ahh I never said any of that.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
nanomoz":3j8xiqey said:
Bucs are purportedly in the hunt, too.

[youtube]uDZ53-eaY3M[/youtube]

This guy has a a complete blowhard. He said they could use another receiver? Lockett, DK, Eskeidge, Swain… shows he knows nothing. Making stuff up for listeners is all he’s doing.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":fiag6loi said:
toffee":fiag6loi said:
John63":fiag6loi said:

Ahh I never said any of that.

I am willing to make that sacrifice, as much as it causes me pain. Quite sure that Mr. Wilson's future plans will get a boost by becoming part owner of Commanders, come to think of it, he must insist on having a say in picking the GM and HC.

Latest posts