Hawks will go to Lambeau for NFCCG

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kmedic":77oi52na said:
Listening to Mark Schlereth on his Sedano and Stink show on ESPN radio and he says in regards to a potential Seattle GB playoff game in GB, the Hawks have "no chance." He also said they are "barely an above average team" on the road and that there is "not even a question" he would take the Packers.

Hope someone from the Hawks PR crew gets a hold of that audio and makes it into some nice bulletin board material.
Schlereth is a former Donkey and took them to beat us in XLVIII. Suppose he might be just wee bit butthurt over 43-8?

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":uls4943j said:
kmedic":uls4943j said:
Listening to Mark Schlereth on his Sedano and Stink show on ESPN radio and he says in regards to a potential Seattle GB playoff game in GB, the Hawks have "no chance." He also said they are "barely an above average team" on the road and that there is "not even a question" he would take the Packers.

Hope someone from the Hawks PR crew gets a hold of that audio and makes it into some nice bulletin board material.
Schlereth is a former Donkey and took them to beat us in XLVIII. Suppose he might be just wee bit butthurt over 43-8?

Isn't he the same guy that predicted that the Seahawks would go 16-0 after they dismantled the packers in week one?

PackerNation

Reaction score
pmedic920":2k3i0fd7 said:
Best player??

I vote JJ Watt.

Rodgers is good but I wouldn't give you Our guy for him. No way, not at this point in time.
And I not saying Wilson is better, I'm saying I wouldn't trade QBs with you.

If the Texans and the Packers were to trade straight up Watts for Rodgers, the Texans would get the better end of the deal. Rodgers is the NFL MVP while Watts will be the NFL DPOY. To even debate such a thing as giving the NFL MVP to a defensive player is ludicrous.

As far as Wilson goes, he is very good but, sorry, Rodgers about the best the NFL has right now and maybe even the best they have seen. He is in his prime and is putting up H.O.F numbers. I can't say the same for Wilson. I do think Wilson is very good and maybe even 2nd best.

Oh and your GM would trade Wilson for Rodgers every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
PackerNation":3rxo4yuc said:
pmedic920":3rxo4yuc said:
Best player??

I vote JJ Watt.

Rodgers is good but I wouldn't give you Our guy for him. No way, not at this point in time.
And I not saying Wilson is better, I'm saying I wouldn't trade QBs with you.

If the Texans and the Packers were to trade straight up Watts for Rodgers, the Texans would get the better end of the deal. Rodgers is the NFL MVP while Watts will be the NFL DPOY. To even debate such a thing as giving the NFL MVP to a defensive player is ludicrous.

As far as Wilson goes, he is very good but, sorry, Rodgers about the best the NFL has right now and maybe even the best they have seen. He is in his prime and is putting up H.O.F numbers. I can't say the same for Wilson. I do think Wilson is very good and maybe even 2nd best.

Oh and your GM would trade Wilson for Rodgers every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Defense wins championships, so I see no reason why a defensive player like J.J. Watt or Richard Sherman shouldn't win MVP for their dominant play. Lawrence Taylor and Alan Page have both won it.

You have to admit, Rodgers looked like crud in the opener against us. He essentially admitted after the game that he was afraid of targeting the right side of the field because of Sherman. That doesn't bode well for you guys if we meet in the playoffs.

It didn't turn out great for last year's 'MVP.'

PackerNation

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3bt9spff said:
Defense wins championships, so I see no reason why a defensive player like J.J. Watt or Richard Sherman shouldn't win MVP for their dominant play. Lawrence Taylor and Alan Page have both won it.

You have to admit, Rodgers looked like crud in the opener against us. He essentially admitted after the game that he was afraid of targeting the right side of the field because of Sherman. That doesn't bode well for you guys if we meet in the playoffs.

Yes, but it takes more than one player to win a championship.

The Packer game plan that night was to use Boykin as a decoy and to eliminate Sherman from having a good game or throwing to wherever he was. Rodgers was not "afraid" to throw over there. In fact, Revis is every bit as good as Sherman and we targeted Revis a few times. One for a long TD, in fact. We should have had another.

I could see Watt winning the MVP, if it were not for Rodgers. Rodgers is having another amazing year and the MVP usually goes to the most important position in the game: QB. Watt has caught a few TD passes on the offensive side of the ball and this may help him, but really, Rodgers season has been too good, again, this year to go anywhere else. IMO.

I like Watt a lot. He is a product of the WI Badgers and I spent a few Saturday's at Camp Randall watching him play.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
PackerNation":12876r51 said:
hawknation2014":12876r51 said:

Yes, but it takes more than one player to win a championship.

The Packer game plan that night was to use Boykin as a decoy and to eliminate Sherman from having a good game or throwing to wherever he was. Rodgers was not "afraid" to throw over there. In fact, Revis is every bit as good as Sherman and we targeted Revis a few times. One for a long TD, in fact. We should have had another.

LOL, as a Packers' fan (a franchise I respect, BTW) you should know first hand that Revis is not in the same class as Richard Sherman.

Revis averages a reception every 14 cover snaps, which is extremely good. No one averages a reception every 15 . . . 16 . . . 17 . . . or 18 cover snaps other than Richard Sherman. That is a whole other level. That is elite.

That's the difference between getting a few receptions (and winning the game) vs. getting none (and getting blown out by 20 points).

PackerNation

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3ggb9ebr said:
LOL, as a Packers' fan (a franchise I respect, BTW) you should know first hand that Revis is not in the same class as Richard Sherman.

Revis averages a reception every 14 cover snaps, which is extremely good. No one averages a reception every 15 . . . 16 . . . 17 . . . or 18 cover snaps other than Richard Sherman. That is a whole other level. That is elite.

That's the difference between getting a few receptions (and winning the game) vs. getting none (and getting blown out by 20 points).

Sherman was not the difference in the first meeting between our teams this year. I don't think we came in with the right game plan at all and our defense was miserable. We got off to a rough start but we are a better team now. We will have to see though, as a lot of football remains until we meet. If we meet.

Anyway, how good is Sherman really? Best in the NFL?

rideaducati

Reaction score
PackerNation":6l0mqqug said:
hawknation2014":6l0mqqug said:

Sherman was not the difference in the first meeting between our teams this year. I don't think we came in with the right game plan at all and our defense was miserable. We got off to a rough start but we are a better team now. We will have to see though, as a lot of football remains until we meet. If we meet.

Sherman was DEFINITELY a difference in the first game, he took away half the field for the ENTIRE GAME. It wasn't even a fair contest with the Packers only using half the field.

The Packer offense is playing good now, but their defense is still not that good. They have definitely benefited from a puff schedule. They have trouble on the road, so they better have the #1 seed or they are in big trouble.

Look for yourself, Sherman is the best corner in the NFL.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
rideaducati":oorg3lks said:
PackerNation":oorg3lks said:
hawknation2014":oorg3lks said:

Sherman was DEFINITELY a difference in the first game, he took away half the field for the ENTIRE GAME. It wasn't even a fair contest with the Packers only using half the field.

The Packer offense is playing good now, but their defense is still not that good. They have definitely benefited from a puff schedule. They have trouble on the road, so they better have the #1 seed or they are in big trouble.

If Revis is "elite," they need to create a new word for Sherman.

PackerNation

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ev555ed said:

He may have made A difference, but he was not the difference between winning that game and losing. That is how you made it sound. There were a lot of factors that went into that game. Sherman was one of them, not THE difference. It was more of a bad game plan by McCarthy than anything else. But, yea, no doubt you kicked our butt's.

Ok, took a quick look. Sherman is elite but not the very best. I would rather have Vontae Davis and Chris Harris Jr. They also have more attractive price tags as well. Maybe even Johnson, Smith and Flowers.

No doubt though, Sherman is a great CB.

Back to the Seahawks though. I can see you guys running the table and plowing through the playoffs, snuffing out all contenders. I think you guys are starting to hit your stride and the realization has set in that the playoffs are coming and you need to win.

This week against Philly will be very interesting. We blew them out, big time. I wonder how you will do.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PackerNation":1xnbn4q6 said:
rideaducati":1xnbn4q6 said:

He may have made A difference, but he was not the difference between winning that game and losing. That is how you made it sound. There were a lot of factors that went into that game. Sherman was one of them, not THE difference. It was more of a bad game plan by McCarthy than anything else. But, yea, no doubt you kicked our butt's.

Ok, took a quick look. Sherman is elite but not the very best. I would rather have Vontae Davis and Chris Harris Jr. They also have more attractive price tags as well. Maybe even Johnson, Smith and Flowers.

No doubt though, Sherman is a great CB.

Back to the Seahawks though. I can see you guys running the table and plowing through the playoffs, snuffing out all contenders. I think you guys are starting to hit your stride and the realization has set in that the playoffs are coming and you need to win.

This week against Philly will be very interesting. We blew them out, big time. I wonder how you will do.

No you wouldn't. You hate on Sherman because he isn't on your team. If he was a Packer, you'd LOVE HIM.

Which CB is the very best? I wouldn't trade Sherman for any corner in the league regardless of contract. Having Sherman's mouth on the team makes it even better. Opposing fans hate the guy and when Sherman wins it makes you hate him even more. It's fun to be the hated team.

PackerNation

Reaction score
rideaducati":3dqbfrf6 said:
PackerNation":3dqbfrf6 said:
No you wouldn't. You hate on Sherman because he isn't on your team. If he was a Packer, you'd LOVE HIM.

Which CB is the very best? I wouldn't trade Sherman for any corner in the league regardless of contract. Having Sherman's mouth on the team makes it even better. Opposing fans hate the guy and when Sherman wins it makes you hate him even more. It's fun to be the hated team.

I can respect that.

But if you start losing or he starts playing very badly, his "mouth" will become a liability.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PackerNation":20flw1im said:
rideaducati":20flw1im said:
PackerNation":20flw1im said:

I can respect that.

But if you start losing or he starts playing very badly, his "mouth" will become a liability.

His mouth is part of what makes him great. Kaepernick wants so badly to burn Sherman that he forces throws his way when there are open receivers elsewhere. Several QBs want to get to Sherman so they force things. Up to this point, Sherman is winning.

If if if if if ... You're just like all the QBs that are forcing things and are HOPING his mouth becomes a liability.

PackerNation

Reaction score
rideaducati":2d3a97dx said:
His mouth is part of what makes him great. Kaepernick wants so badly to burn Sherman that he forces throws his way when there are open receivers elsewhere. Several QBs want to get to Sherman so they force things. Up to this point, Sherman is winning.

If if if if if ... You're just like all the QBs that are forcing things and are HOPING his mouth becomes a liability.

As long as he doesn't play good against Green Bay, I don't care at all. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
PackerNation":ksy9zroy said:
rideaducati":ksy9zroy said:

As long as he doesn't play good against Green Bay, I don't care at all. :)

Will the packers give him a chance to even make a play? They were scared to last time.

PackerNation

Reaction score
rideaducati":52mzehkv said:
Will the packers give him a chance to even make a play? They were scared to last time.

He can't pick a QB that rarely ever throws a pick. We'll see, unless you fail to make the playoffs. ;)

I'll bet you a bottle of scotch that Rodgers makes the H.O.F and Sherman doesn't.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
PackerNation":22d662ak said:
rideaducati":22d662ak said:

He can't pick a QB that rarely ever throws a pick. We'll see, unless you fail to make the playoffs. ;)

I'll bet you a bottle of scotch that Rodgers makes the H.O.F and Sherman doesn't.

Sherman and Rodgers are both in already.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PackerNation":2wmb11s3 said:
Let's contact an attorney and make a legally binding contract of this, and it has to be a very expensive bottle.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PackerNation":p9h6mr6h said:
rideaducati":p9h6mr6h said:

If a QB "rarely" throws a pick, that means he can. If he NEVER throws a pick, then you'd make sense, but there isn't a QB that NEVER throws a pick. Kaepernick rarely throws picks and Sherman has picked him off a lot.

I could see both of them getting in even if it takes a while. I know that Sherman will have a more difficult road because people don't like him. There are deserving players that should be in the HOF, but aren't because they weren't liked by voters. I'd bet that Sherman ends his career with more Super Bowl victories than Rodgers.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4gelsxlz said:
PackerNation":4gelsxlz said:
Let's contact an attorney and make a legally binding contract of this, and it has to be a very expensive bottle.
I want in. :vodka:

Latest posts