Hawks will go to Lambeau for NFCCG

pehawk

Reaction score
Largent80":377tsc0x said:
2007-08 when we played there and it started snowing, we were done at that moment.

Wouldn't want to go back there at that time but it would be sweet as hell to kick their asses there and head to AZ to finish this year off.

Our itty-bitty defense, built on speed, had no footing in the snow.

A bunch of us watched that together; Todd, Hawkstorian, Sutz, a whole mess of peeps.

Largent80

Reaction score
pehawk":2crdblnu said:
Largent80":2crdblnu said:
2007-08 when we played there and it started snowing, we were done at that moment.

Wouldn't want to go back there at that time but it would be sweet as hell to kick their asses there and head to AZ to finish this year off.

A bunch of us watched that together; Todd, Hawkstorian, Sutz, a whole mess of peeps.

I was there as well as Doc.

pehawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1vy5ichp said:
pehawk":1vy5ichp said:
Largent80":1vy5ichp said:

I was there as well as Doc.

Didn't Todd put on DJack's pants?

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Crizilla":lfv7t3qh said:
Get ready. The refs will try and attack us as well. Gonna be a heart dropper. Wouldn't bet on us winning, though.

Get ready folks. It's all but confirmed. Just about as close as a done deal you could get. Boom. Shakalaka. Comprendo. Kapeesh. Goodell wants this to happen. Booya.

Why do you say it "is all but confirmed"?? I disagree. The Pack is only 1 game ahead of us in the standings and we have already beaten them this year. If we can at least finish the season tied with them for the best record I think the Hawks will get the #1 seed because we already beat them.

Although the Packers schedule doesn't look too difficult I wouldnt sleep on the Falcons after their win last weekend against the Cardinals. Also their division rival the Lions will put up some points. Unfortunately for us, both of those games are in Green Bay. Their other 2 games are away games vs the Bucs and Bills. If we win out I think we have a good shot to take the #1 seed.

The Packers win over the Pats was a setback yes, but if the Hawks play their own game I think we will be fine!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I like how OP has not only locked in an NFCCG, but is already griping about the officiating in a hypothetical matchup.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe how bad these calls are in this matchup that hasn't even happened yet. You suck refs :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Crizilla":12lwg7cw said:
Get ready folks. It's all but confirmed. Just about as close as a done deal you could get. Boom. Shakalaka. Comprendo. Kapeesh. Goodell wants this to happen. Booya.
Well, if you're that sure, can we see a picture of your life savings bet in Vegas on G.B. winning #1 seed?

kmedic

Reaction score
Listening to Mark Schlereth on his Sedano and Stink show on ESPN radio and he says in regards to a potential Seattle GB playoff game in GB, the Hawks have "no chance." He also said they are "barely an above average team" on the road and that there is "not even a question" he would take the Packers.

Hope someone from the Hawks PR crew gets a hold of that audio and makes it into some nice bulletin board material.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who actually thinks that the Super Bowl Champions, who are playing VERY good right now, doesn't have a chance to win is clearly on crack.

Hawks46

Reaction score
pehawk":24jzt7v8 said:
Largent80":24jzt7v8 said:

That and we couldn't run to save our life. Hasselbeck had a career year with average WRs. Once the snow came down, we couldn't run and couldn't stop their run game.

I hope it snows like a m'fer if we go there. Our length at CB will help as well as our superior physicality.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The fact is we control our own destiny if we win out, but it even if we do, it's possible we could only be 3rd seed. Assuming we all of our remaining games...

We take the division in a tiebreaker because we defeated AZ twice.
We beat the Eagles in a tiebreaker because we will have beaten them. However...
If the Cowboys win out and take their division, they have the tiebreaker over us.
If the Packers win out, they will be one game up on us.

The Cowboys play the Bears, Eagles, Colts, and Redskins, and it's quite possible (likely) they will lose at least one of those games.
The Pack closes out with the Falcons, Bills, Bucs, and Lions -- not as intimidating, but who knows?

First things first, let's take care of our own business.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Gotta say that going to GB would be the absolut toughest path of resistance on our way to the SB. It would probably be hyped up more than the SB just like last years 9ers Hawks NFCCG was SB winner.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
I can see it now, game is tied late in the 4th quarter, Wilson scrambles for a long gain to set up the potential GW FG, refs wait til after it's obvious Wilson is gonna get a long gain and a late flag comes in for a "holding". Seahawks have to punt, Packers get ref-aided drive to win as time expires and the media crowns the Packers the greatest franchise in the history of sports and Aaron Rodgers the king of the world.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2smvvxtm said:
I can see it now, game is tied late in the 4th quarter, Wilson scrambles for a long gain to set up the potential GW FG, refs wait til after it's obvious Wilson is gonna get a long gain and a late flag comes in for a "holding". Seahawks have to punt, Packers get ref-aided drive to win as time expires and the media crowns the Packers the greatest franchise in the history of sports and Aaron Rodgers the king of the world.

To all of you guys on this forum that are saying Packers will play Seahawks, and get help from the refs. Who says we will play you guys?. Maybe we lose. Maybe we miss the playoffs. 6-7 weeks is a long time from now. People can get injured. Teams can go cold. Refs could be good (only if they called all the penalties on you guys). R-E-L-A-X, it was a joke. :D

Seriously for a moment, I wonder is there anyone that follows the NFL that doesn't believe Rodgers is the best player?

A

Anonymous

PackerBacker19":1fkw6ojg said:
RunTheBall":1fkw6ojg said:

To all of you guys on this forum that are saying Packers will play Seahawks, and get help from the refs. Who says we will play you guys?. Maybe we lose. Maybe we miss the playoffs. 6-7 weeks is a long time from now. People can get injured. Teams can go cold. Refs could be good (only if they called all the penalties on you guys). R-E-L-A-X, it was a joke. :D

Seriously for a moment, I wonder is there anyone that follows the NFL that doesn't believe Rodgers is the best player?

He's good, but with Russ' help, he could be the best.

themunn

Reaction score
a mid-January game in Lambeau is the kind of game where you need to be able to run the ball and run the ball good.

can we do that?

pmedic920

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3cz0aqra said:
RunTheBall":3cz0aqra said:

Best player??

I vote JJ Watt.

Rodgers is good but I wouldn't give you Our guy for him. No way, not at this point in time.
And I not saying Wilson is better, I'm saying I wouldn't trade QBs with you.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
pmedic920":3atfs93f said:
PackerBacker19":3atfs93f said:
RunTheBall":3atfs93f said:

Best player??

I vote JJ Watt.

Rodgers is good but I wouldn't give you Our guy for him. No way, not at this point in time.
And I not saying Wilson is better, I'm saying I wouldn't trade QBs with you.

Wow, difficult hypothetical to answer honestly. Too improbable and feelings of loyalty toward Wilson are too great. Wilson is also five years younger. But put a gun to my head, Rodgers is probably the only player on the planet I would trade Russell Wilson for.

Rodgers behind our offensive line could get real ugly. He only completes 45% of his passes under pressure compared to Wilson's 50%. That's mostly my feelings of loyalty holding me back from the truth.