Hawks trying to trade WR Kearse

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
iigakusei":adlkasd4 said:
MontanaHawk05":adlkasd4 said:
As you post your celebratory memes, keep in mind that hardworking Seahawks players are able to see what you're writing, and that doubling down and being a "tough, gotta earn your pay" hardass doesn't make it any less so. If you've never been on the field yourself...
You have got to be kidding me...this is a joke right?

No, he's not, and I agree.

StoneCold

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1p4j6hf8 said:
Now Rapoport is saying the Hawks "continue to actively guage trade values, with talks involving CB Jeremy Lane, RB Alex Collins & WR Jermaine Kearse, sources say"

Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be "we are always entertaining offers" and Kearse is only one of many that are involved in talks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3ewkxd68 said:
SoulfishHawk":3ewkxd68 said:
Now Rapoport is saying the Hawks "continue to actively guage trade values, with talks involving CB Jeremy Lane, RB Alex Collins & WR Jermaine Kearse, sources say"

Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be "we are always entertaining offers" and Kearse is only one of many that are involved in talks.

With the way some of the younger guys are showing at WR, I'm sure of only one thing....there will be people who don't like the final roster no matter which guys make it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Yep....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/903265671001366528[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I doubt the Hawks get anything in a trade for Kearse. So many teams are shopping players right now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3lt5tag0 said:
Yep....

Not surprising at all. Each have been considered bubble type players so far this camp. This year will make for some interesting cuts, because it's highly unlikely we'll get value for all the guys we want to cut (If any).

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Someone earlier called this "fake news", well it's definitely not. Kearse is on the block. If you were paying attention last week Russ definitely made more of an effort to get Kearse involved. That wasn't to get him more reps, that's called "showcasing" and it happens in the NFL all the time. Coaches will sometimes feature a player in a meaningless game to make them look more attractive to potential trade partners. My prediction, he plays a big role tonight and is gone by the weekend! So get ready to see some more of his awesome pointing at the wrist celebration whenever he catches a meaningless 5 yarder this evening.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2jgaebce said:
I doubt the Hawks get anything in a trade for Kearse. So many teams are shopping players right now.

I have to say, the change in roster cutdowns have introduced a new meta which is exciting as hell! 592 players hitting waivers all at the same time, trades being sought up until the deadline. I'm loving the intrigue!

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":3ooygybk said:
Yep....

Is it possible that cutting down from the 90 man roster all at once has stimulated league trade talk?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the Hawks or agents leak this kind of potential trade news? I guess it would be advantageous to both parties.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ngjvosc said:

They won't, just like Kearse found out last year that no one else wanted him in FA.

Remember his agent released a statement saying Kearse was no longer a Seahawk............then they both came crawling back when they heard crickets out on the market?

This is status quo for teams about to release players, they float "on the trade block" feelers to see if they can get ANYTHING for guys they're planning on cutting.

I'm fine with trading or cutting Kearse, even if it doesn't free up much cap space. It's time to move on and trust our development process with guys like Williams, Darboh and McElvoy. Besides, now Russell won't CONSTANTLY be throwing to Kearse in the red zone because he's the one with one on one coverage.

FACT: Worst red zone target catch rate in the entire league last year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jville":mvrbrx7z said:
Seymour":mvrbrx7z said:
Yep....

Is it possible that cutting down from the 90 man roster all at once has stimulated league trade talk?

I think it's possible in various ways. There is no early round of cuts, so to get a player before the final "practice game" you'd have to get him via trade. Also, teams now get longer to look at bubble players, giving the guys who may have been cut already more chances to compete in both practice and games. This means more opportunities to show something that either the team they are with wants or another team may covet enough to give up a little something.

I noticed what appears to the naked eye to be a bit of an uptake in trades already. I still think there will be some interesting cuts made across the league (including our own team) and that will make this one of the most interesting cut down days the league has ever had.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If only they had a really tall TE who could go up and get it in the Red Zone....
too soon (ahead of time?)

Jville

Reaction score
kidhawk":1tncb7sx said:
Jville":1tncb7sx said:
Seymour":1tncb7sx said:
Yep....

I think it's possible in various ways. There is no early round of cuts, so to get a player before the final "practice game" you'd have to get him via trade. Also, teams now get longer to look at bubble players, giving the guys who may have been cut already more chances to compete in both practice and games. This means more opportunities to show something that either the team they are with wants or another team may covet enough to give up a little something.

I noticed what appears to the naked eye to be a bit of an uptake in trades already. I still think there will be some interesting cuts made across the league (including our own team) and that will make this one of the most interesting cut down days the league has ever had.

It certainly has made the final preseason week more interesting. This 2 or 3 week transition period from the preseason to the regular season may turn out to be a lot more interesting and eventful than in years past. It certainly has seized my attention.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3akjsvqv said:
If only they had a really tall TE who could go up and get it in the Red Zone....
too soon (ahead of time?)

You joke, but this is what I'm saying.

Russell LOVES to go to Kearse in the red zone because other teams double team Jimmy and Doug and leave Kearse one on one..........cause he stinks.

So trade or cut his ass and it should be an addition by subtraction thing. Russell can't keep throwing it to Kearse (Saints game) if he's not here. Let someone else try and make plays. Both Williams and McElvoy have shown they can go up and win one on ones.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I could see a team giving a conditional 7th rounder for Collins as his contract is quite low. Again, I'd be surprised if a team makes an offer for Kearse or Lane - unless there's a GM out there that still owes John Schneider a favour and will offer a conditional 7th rounder.

Jville

Reaction score
I can understand the value of bringing in a veteran blue collar workman like Jermaine Kearse into an offense with a young quarterback trying to establish himself at the NFL level. It is a pattern we have seen before in the NFL.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I might be in the minority here, but I think trading j. Lane would be a huge mistake. I really don't want to be in the "have to" position of starting shaw grifins first regular season game agains Aarons rodgers. Brock is supposed to be a good nickel but I haven't been super impressed. Thorpe is not someone I want outside of special teams. I'm not banking on shead playing this year either. I think J. Lane is gonna be huge for us this year.