Hawks Only 4 1/2 Games Back - The Division is Still in Play!

LTH

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2b4izlys said:
chris98251":2b4izlys said:
Grahamhawker":2b4izlys said:
Do we really feel great about backing into the playoffs and then getting demolished in the WC round anyway? And then use that as an excuse for maintaining the status quo?

We would not back in, this would be Gifted in. Losing of other teams gifting us increased position in rankings.

It appears I misused the term "backing in". What I meant was obviously what you thought; "somehow scratch our way into the wildcard through a combination of luck, prayer, and other teams really crapping the bed"

Or the Seahawks just putting together a win streak and getting in the play offs... Homgren used to say thats all u need to do is get into the play offs and it doesnt matter what your record is... its how you are playing ball at that point that counts all the stats mean nothing...its 0-0...

Sometimes it just takes a while to get teams to play together and thats whats happening to the seahawks right now... it looks like the D is turning and they get Russ back they very well could go on a roll...they just need to win Sunday and get Russ back..

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
LTH":1idnngs4 said:
Grahamhawker":1idnngs4 said:
chris98251":1idnngs4 said:
Grahamhawker":1idnngs4 said:
Do we really feel great about backing into the playoffs and then getting demolished in the WC round anyway? And then use that as an excuse for maintaining the status quo?

We would not back in, this would be Gifted in. Losing of other teams gifting us increased position in rankings.

It appears I misused the term "backing in". What I meant was obviously what you thought; "somehow scratch our way into the wildcard through a combination of luck, prayer, and other teams really crapping the bed"

Or the Seahawks just putting together a win streak and getting in the play offs... Homgren used to say thats all u need to do is get into the play offs and it doesnt matter what your record is... its how you are playing ball at that point that counts all the stats mean nothing...its 0-0...

Sometimes it just takes a while to get teams to play together and thats whats happening to the seahawks right now... it looks like the D is turning and they get Russ back they very well could go on a roll...they just need to win Sunday and get Russ back..

Love the optimism and I hope you're right; it's just feeling pretty far-fetched right now.

LTH

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":30igk2wh said:
LTH":30igk2wh said:
Grahamhawker":30igk2wh said:
chris98251":30igk2wh said:

Love the optimism and I hope you're right; it's just feeling pretty far-fetched right now.

It does feel that way... I even feel that way sometimes but what makes me re think those negative emotions is, I know the Hawks have not given up... I know that every time Wilson steps on the field magical things are possible because I've seen it to many times... I know that Pete Carroll really believes this team has what it takes to make this season happen... they are close... it's not like they are not hanging with the top teams they are playing...every year it takes a while before they gel... we watch this every year, just not to the degree of a 2-5 start... If they were getting blown out every game I would feel different... trust me they are going to gel and they are going to pull out of this...don't let the negativity ruin your experience... Its the bad times that make the good times great!!

LTH

K

K.J WRIGHT

Mizak":3w3k7c4r said:
Welshers":3w3k7c4r said:
With Arizona's loss tonight the Seahawks are only 4 1/2 games back, 4 if they beat Jax. Russel can come back and with the way our D has been playing (phenomenal in the last game vs NO), we can still win the division. I envision a Rodgers esque "run the table" type deal. Russ comes back and we go undefeated and win the division. With our coaching we can absolutely do it. The coaching staff has been amazing this year and made perfect halftime adjustments every game. If Russ doesn't get hurt this team is 6-2 right now.

I say we are favorites to win the division at this point.

Are you and Love To Hallucinate(LTH) the same person?

BURN !! LOL

PNW

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":27o7ef5z said:
All I'm rooting for at this point is for the first round pick we shipped to the Jets for Addams not to be too high in this rebuilding year we have stumbled into.
Agreed! This is truly my only hope for this year at this point :lol:

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1cezq0b9 said:
LTH":1cezq0b9 said:
People just really don't understand how this team works..

Lol. You got that right.

we will see you were wrong last year the D did pull out of it... you will be wrong this year...might not go to the SB but they are going to pull out of this...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1a5qdzre said:
pittpnthrs":1a5qdzre said:
LTH":1a5qdzre said:

Lol. You got that right.

we will see you were wrong last year the D did pull out of it... you will be wrong this year...might not go to the SB but they are going to pull out of this...

LTH

Ah so you felt the defense got it together last year during that stretch of playing cream puff teams with backup QB's? Thats what they call 'Fools Gold'.

As for this years team pulling out of it, your going to count those maybe wins against the Jags, Texans, 49ers, Bears, and Lions as turning it around right? Again, 'Fools Gold'.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1qaorbbu said:
So, hmm, maybe we should just be SNIVELING QUITTERS? , is that what your suggesting? :roll:
I believe I'll pass.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":2yhq5qts said:
You come off as being a fan boy ??
While you & several others come across as QUITTERS, so I guess it all evens out.
Y'all Glass Half Empties? Have another swig. :lol:

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1z2eti39 said:
LTH":1z2eti39 said:
pittpnthrs":1z2eti39 said:
LTH":1z2eti39 said:

Lol. You got that right.

LTH

Ah so you felt the defense got it together last year during that stretch of playing cream puff teams with backup QB's? Thats what they call 'Fools Gold'.

As for this years team pulling out of it, your going to count those maybe wins against the Jags, Texans, 49ers, Bears, and Lions as turning it around right? Again, 'Fools Gold'.

Yeah...They beat the Rams in LA I would say that's turning it around from having the worst D in NFL history as you claimed they have...

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
scutterhawk":n1bqzbn9 said:
K.J WRIGHT":n1bqzbn9 said:
While you & several others come across as QUITTERS, so I guess it all evens out.

Seriously, this. It's like some folks here relish in the struggles the team has had because they hate Pete and seemingly want him to fail. ANY positive is blown up and dismissed with a dozen caveats. There are 50 threads on how the team, Pete, Norton,.. basically anyone but Wilson is hot garbage.

One post about how the team can still turn it around, and THEY get blown up for trolling and being a fanboy??

There needs to be a RusselWilsontribe.Net site so that everybody who thinks the sun rises and sets on his shoulders can rejoice There and stop canning posts that propose any type of positive or constructive opinions.

At some point, if you hate the owner, hate the GM, hate the coach, hate the coordinators, hate the draft picks, hate some of the team's PRO BOWL players. You gotta ask yourself why you bother coming to a site to just constantly spew negativity.

Nothing wrong with being critical, but there's a vast ocean between criticism and cynicism.

chris98251

Reaction score
keasley45":vbul2hp8 said:
scutterhawk":vbul2hp8 said:
K.J WRIGHT":vbul2hp8 said:

Seriously, this. It's like some folks here relish in the struggles the team has had because they hate Pete and seemingly want him to fail. ANY positive is blown up and dismissed with a dozen caveats. There are 50 threads on how the team, Pete, Norton,.. basically anyone but Wilson is hot garbage.

One post about how the team can still turn it around, and THEY get blown up for trolling and being a fanboy??

There needs to be a RusselWilsontribe.Net site so that everybody who thinks the sun rises and sets on his shoulders can rejoice There and stop canning posts that propose any type of positive or constructive opinions.

At some point, if you hate the owner, hate the GM, hate the coach, hate the coordinators, hate the draft picks, hate some of the team's PRO BOWL players. You gotta ask yourself why you bother coming to a site to just constantly spew negativity.

Nothing wrong with being critical, but there's a vast ocean between criticism and cynicism.

Nah, most want him (Pete) to recognize things and make adjustments, which he doesn't do time and time again or keep his hands out of the offense. It's like someone that has a Gambling problem, they keep going back yet know they are hurting friends, family and themselves all the while thinking just one big win and I can fix everything.

Lawke

Reaction score
LTH":1b8y6u6n said:
pittpnthrs":1b8y6u6n said:
LTH":1b8y6u6n said:
pittpnthrs":1b8y6u6n said:
Lol. You got that right.

LTH

Yeah...They beat the Rams in LA I would say that's turning it around from having the worst D in NFL history as you claimed they have...

LTH

Are we talking last year? Because they lost to the rams in LA last year 23-16. Statistically they did turn it around in the last half, that cant be argued. It also cant really be argued that the quality of QB they faced was not very good as well(you can go and check, i was surprised myself it was worse than i remembered). They did beat a kyler led cardinals team though. I think the jags game will be pretty telling for how the rest of the season goes, as obvious as that may be.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2784g5st said:

LTH

Lol. And promptly lost just two weeks later to a weaker Rams team in the playoffs when it counted. I'll ask the age old question again, how many teams above .500 did Seattle beat last year?

I'm not claiming the Hawks have one of the worst defenses in NFL history, NFL historians and statisticians are.