Hass: Wilson play looks like point shaving

BASF

Reaction score

In this video beloved Seattle sports figure states that former beloved Seattle sports figure Russ looks like he is point shaving. He follows it up immediately that he knows it isn't point shaving, but I thought it was interesting.

The whole video nails a few points home.

Last edited:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
they said nothing wrong. it's just weird that they act surprised; they're just slow to catch on.

i'm the last guy that should be saying this, but wilson's not nearly as bad as he's shown this year.

yes wilson is regressing, and that goes back a couple of seasons now. he can still be "successful" but he needs his own specific system to be successful. everybody needs to be on the same page and invested. it's just as rex ryan stated in the clip, "they're trying to put a square peg into a round hole." bingo. hackett ran a completely different offense with aaron rogers than what pete ran with wilson in seattle, asking different things out of the qb. RW3(and out) is far from your standard pocket qb. pete understood wilson in terms of playstyle limitations and wilson's fragile ego. he not only catered to wilson, but also completely protected wilson from the media and in the lockerroom. hackett is in way over his head, totally not a leader. both hackett and wilson are new to that bronco's organization that were "only a qb away". wilson himself doesn't seem fully invested. hackett/wilson might be the worst coach/qb marriage i've ever seen. just no forethought went into it. people need fired in broncoland.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
they said nothing wrong. it's just weird that they act surprised; they're just slow to catch on.

i'm the last guy that should be saying this, but wilson's not nearly as bad as he's shown this year.

yes wilson is regressing, and that goes back a couple of seasons now. he can still be "successful" but he needs his own specific system to be successful. everybody needs to be on the same page and invested. it's just as rex ryan stated in the clip, "they're trying to put a square peg into a round hole." bingo. hackett ran a completely different offense with aaron rogers than what pete ran with wilson in seattle, asking different things out of the qb. RW3(and out) is far from your standard pocket qb. pete understood wilson in terms of playstyle limitations and wilson's fragile ego. he not only catered to wilson, but also completely protected wilson from the media and in the lockerroom. hackett is in way over his head, totally not a leader. both hackett and wilson are new to that bronco's organization that were "only a qb away". wilson himself doesn't seem fully invested. hackett/wilson might be the worst coach/qb marriage i've ever seen. just no forethought went into it. people need fired in broncoland.
Russell is the one putting that square peg in the round hole. He thinks he's a round peg. THAT is the entirety of the issue with him. Pete had the right shape hole for the peg all along. Until Russell acknowledges that he's a square peg, he will continue to spiral.

That all sounds oddly suggestive out of context.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

In this video beloved Seattle sports figure states that former beloved Seattle sports figure Russ looks like he is point shaving. He follows it up immediately that he knows it isn't point shaving, but I thought it was interesting.

The whole video nails a few points home.

I love watching the faces in that video. Rex talking about Hackett getting the "go", Matt at that same time, Teddy listing the problems and talking about the helmet being slammed into the ground, Whatzizname the host when Teddy is talking about Russ's leadership qualities (or lack thereof), Whatzername the hostess when Teddy is talking about whether Russ is real, etc.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Coach Hack and Russ both clearly said they were in a "partnership".
Coach said he would create the offense just for Russ and his needs.
He stated Russ has the power to call what he wants.
This has all been put out there before and since season started.
So why do I keep seeing that coach Hacks offense doesn't "fit" Russ?
It was made with Russ and it's the Vanilla offense from Seattle!
The only difference is the little escape dink passes that he couldn't do
here..Wow

Aircrew

Reaction score

That really is it right there. What's worse, not only is Hackett not a leader, but neither is Wilson, never has been. What the Walton's have is a 4.65 billion dollar rudderless ship. Oh yes, heads are going to roll in Mile High when all is said and done, and I wouldn't be surprised if John Elway is demoted or politely shown the door as well.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score

yes wilson is regressing, and that goes back a couple of seasons now. he can still be "successful" but he needs his own specific system to be successful. everybody needs to be on the same page and invested. it's just as rex ryan stated in the clip, "they're trying to put a square peg into a round hole." bingo. hackett ran a completely different offense with aaron rogers than what pete ran with wilson in seattle, asking different things out of the qb. RW3(and out) is far from your standard pocket qb. pete understood wilson in terms of playstyle limitations and wilson's fragile ego. he not only catered to wilson, but also completely protected wilson from the media and in the lockerroom. hackett is in way over his head, totally not a leader. both hackett and wilson are new to that bronco's organization that were "only a qb away". wilson himself doesn't seem fully invested. hackett/wilson might be the worst coach/qb marriagAle i've ever seen. just no forethought went into it. people need fired in broncoland.

The dysfunction that Pete was able to manage (for the most part) has exploded in Denver. The pieces aren't compatable and Wilson and Hackett look worse together then separately. Add the hype surrounding Team3's aquisition and it's a huge disappointment for all.

I do think RW has regressed and is not the same QB that he was for most of the Hawk years but not as bad as he's shown lately. I'm recalling the recent Pro Bowl competition with his dead on accuracy.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
That really is it right there. What's worse, not only is Hackett not a leader, but neither is Wilson, never has been. What the Walton's have is a 4.65 billion dollar rudderless ship. Oh yes, heads are going to roll in Mile High when all is said and done, and I wouldn't be surprised if John Elway is demoted or politely shown the door as well.

Elway is only a "consultant" according to the Broncos' web site. I only learned this a few days ago. Until I went and looked at the Broncos' site, I had thought The Teeth was still in charge of football operations or something.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Elway is only a "consultant" according to the Broncos' web site. I only learned this a few days ago. Until I went and looked at the Broncos' site, I had thought The Teeth was still in charge of football operations or something.
I know, but I would bet Elway had a heavy hand during the Hackett hire and especially the Russell Wilson acquisition considering it's right out of his GM playbook. The team was being sold during that time and the new owners are first time professional sports franchise owners so they had no choice but to rely on current management to make key strategic decisions. Now that the Walton's are getting their arms around this thing, so to speak, they're going to ask some direct questions to everyone who was involved in this debacle. And when they do, watch out.