Has anyone seen Jarran Reed?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Jefferson is a stud when he's healthy. Poona and Woods are absolute run stuffers and PF has also gotten to the QB.
Collier hasn't really had much opportunity to show whatever he has in the tank but I just have this feeling he isn't going to pan out. Agree on Ansah. He needs to retire.
I like Flowers, but he isn't enough to cover for injuries. We need more than 2 guys that can be dependable corners. We also need to hope one of our youngsters turns it on bigtime to cover at safety. Neither Diggs or McDougald are spring chickens.
Most important is the O Line. We HAVE to do some good work on that front. Our league...heck our division is just too good on D Line for us to manage with what we've got, especially looking down the rode.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ukcwe2w said:
IndyHawk":1ukcwe2w said:
Where was Reed?Where was Ansah?Where was Green?
We need to really hit this area in the draft and probaly FA
as well..I keep Clowney and Green but go another direction
otherwise..

- Reed's an average interior lineman, that flashes above average, but not enough to warrant a big contract extension.

- Ansah's broken.

- Green's a mediocre edge rusher that should never be counted on for anything more than 2nd string snaps.

D-Line needs a MAJOR overhaul next off season, and IMO where the majority of our cap space should go......and I don't mean reinvesting in the same guys like Reed.
Bingo! Great points!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Reed doesn't have a dominant edge rusher eating up blocks like Frank Clark did. It's no surprise when Clark left, Reed's impact diminished. Reed is not a prototypical pass rushing DT but he thrived on cleaning up the pieces from Clark's wake of destruction.

xray

Reaction score
He was suspended 4 games . He never was going to get 10 sacks again anyway . Both lines need rebuilding . The best trench players are always in demand and demand lots of $$$ .

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3nnwgwyy said:
kf3339":3nnwgwyy said:
No we don't. Flowers is just fine. Give him another year in this system and he could be that guy. Lockdown corners don't grow on trees you know.

Yeah we do...

Neither Flowers (#21) nor Griffin (#49T) are ranked in the top 20 DB's statistically.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...xperience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Based on those rankings you provided, why do we need a corner opposite of Griffin? Looks like we need one opposite of Flowers.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I really love how people are ready to give up on talented edge rushers like Green and Collier. Green is what, 21? Collier is getting valuable time in the system and coming off an injury. Sometimes it takes a bit for DE's to make an impact. People need to exercise some patience. Not every DE has to come in as a rookie and be Julius Peppers or JJ Watt, good grief.

A full year of a healthy Clowney and a healthy Reed would really help the other edge rushers. Ansah is donezo, but if we can draft well and work FA in a smart manner, we could see some production on the edge next year. Collier and Green are very talented players, I think they just need the time and the reps to get their bearings.

People may need to remind themselves that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year, especially on the DL. The fact that Green gave 4 sacks in a limited role is encouraging, IMO. The future is bright, let's sit back and enjoy the playoffs and then watch to see how JS proceeds into the offseason. It should be interesting with a little cap space.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... raft-class

The guy's been back since October. He's been active since at least Atlanta. He has to date two tackles and one QB pressure. For the season.

The article above also talks about the rest of the (lower drafted) draft class: Barton, BBK, Ursua, Homer, Jennings, Blair, Amadi. All have contributed more here this year except Jennings, who contributed to Miami before getting hurt.

We won't move off Collier next season for ten million reasons. Those same said reasons are why I expected him to contribute at least as much as his draft class who DIDN'T get paid like this. Put this guy on ST until he figures it out and find someone to play that position, maybe in the third or fourth round. Clearly, we have better luck with those.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":522e72vm said:
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seattle-seahawks/pete-carroll-provides-progress-report-lj-collier-entire-seahawks-2019-draft-class

The guy's been back since October. He's been active since at least Atlanta. He has to date two tackles and one QB pressure. For the season.

The article above also talks about the rest of the (lower drafted) draft class: Barton, BBK, Ursua, Homer, Jennings, Blair, Amadi. All have contributed more here this year except Jennings, who contributed to Miami before getting hurt.

We won't move off Collier next season for ten million reasons. Those same said reasons are why I expected him to contribute at least as much as his draft class who DIDN'T get paid like this. Put this guy on ST until he figures it out and find someone to play that position, maybe in the third or fourth round. Clearly, we have better luck with those.

You need to look at how Pete integrates players, most get a so called red shirt year or are brought in slowly, getting technique at the NFL level and a NFL body is part of it, but he grooms them and coaches them up and allows them mostly spot duty to see what they are up against.

Been that way since he got here pretty much since about 2012.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RockinHawks":ffxory3x said:
I really love how people are ready to give up on talented edge rushers like Green and Collier..

Too bad neither are edge rushers.

Cliff Avril was an edge rusher, Chris Clemons was an edge rusher, Frank Clark was an edge rusher. Green has played better against the run then he has as a pass rusher..........and Collier was drafted for his Michael Bennett versatility, also not an edge rusher.

In fact in college Collier had more success inside.

No one's giving up on these guys, but if you're counting on either Green and Collier to become the 2-3 down dependable D-lineman we need in order to get the D-line back to performing at a high level? You're in bad bad shape..........because as of right now both players are backup level talents.