Has anyone seen Jarran Reed?

2_0_6

Reaction score
For a guy in a contract year, coming off a suspension, he has absolutely been a fraction of who he was last season. If you asked 100 random fans before the year started if they would want him extended I'm sure most of us would have said absolutely. As of now...... Im on the fence.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep, with Clowney back last night and soaking up double teams the entire game, it was the perfect time for Reed to take a game over........something we've been waiting on for months.

Didn't happen.

It'll be interesting to see how his off season free agency shakes out, cause Reed couldn't have picked a worse time to come off a down year and suspension. He might have to settle for a one year prove it deal, which would be fine with me.

endzorn

Reaction score
I’m curious what Reed’s number will be. He hasn’t made nearly the splash plays we saw last season. I’m actually curious to see how Seattle addresses the entire defensive line next season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Where was Reed?Where was Ansah?Where was Green?
We need to really hit this area in the draft and probaly FA
as well..I keep Clowney and Green but go another direction
otherwise..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2jl8gh48 said:
otherwise..

- Reed's an average interior lineman, that flashes above average, but not enough to warrant a big contract extension.

- Ansah's broken.

- Green's a mediocre edge rusher that should never be counted on for anything more than 2nd string snaps.

D-Line needs a MAJOR overhaul next off season, and IMO where the majority of our cap space should go......and I don't mean reinvesting in the same guys like Reed.

kf3339

Reaction score
Reed has been a flat out disappointment since coming back from his suspension. I honestly thought he would be a steamroller this year and take over the 3Tech position with Ford next to him at the 1Tech. He is one of my biggest issues with our D-Line right now.

Right now I would lock in Clowney with no doubt, and very certain he wants to stay and play here. I also would bring back Jefferson on a fair deal for both sides as he looked far better than Reed this year.

I would not bring back Reed unless it's on a very short term (1-2 year) prove it deal. That probably doesn't happen. I also would part with Ansah as he was a waste of a spot this year. Al Wood looked far better rushing from the interior than Ansah looked on the outside, and we could get him back for a good short term deal.

I would go after a dominant bookend DE for the opposite position of Clowney and find another short term 3Tech that can come at a reasonable price. Reed is a 1Tech, not a 3Tech at all.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The UFA I'd like to see back here who I don't hear much talk about around here is Jefferson. He's quietly been a solid player on the line when he's been healthy.

kf3339

Reaction score
kidhawk":3215adiw said:
The UFA I'd like to see back here who I don't hear much talk about around here is Jefferson. He's quietly been a solid player on the line when he's been healthy.

^ We are both of the same mindset on that man. I have always liked his story and he has improved every year.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36nw48wl said:
IndyHawk":36nw48wl said:
otherwise..

- Reed's an average interior lineman, that flashes above average, but not enough to warrant a big contract extension.

- Ansah's broken.

- Green's a mediocre edge rusher that should never be counted on for anything more than 2nd string snaps.

D-Line needs a MAJOR overhaul next off season, and IMO where the majority of our cap space should go......and I don't mean reinvesting in the same guys like Reed.

We also need a lockdown corner to play opposite Griffin.

kf3339

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3ht7bsaw said:
Sgt. Largent":3ht7bsaw said:
IndyHawk":3ht7bsaw said:
otherwise..

- Ansah's broken.

We also need a lockdown corner to play opposite Griffin.

No we don't. Flowers is just fine. Give him another year in this system and he could be that guy. Lockdown corners don't grow on trees you know.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Reed has been down all year, but he made some big plays on Sunday. I'm hoping his market this offseason is low enough for him to agree to a 1-2 year prove it deal with the Hawks. A lot of terrible organizations that might throw starting DT type money at him, though.

Jville

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3vhyae8d said:
kf3339":3vhyae8d said:
No we don't. Flowers is just fine. Give him another year in this system and he could be that guy. Lockdown corners don't grow on trees you know.

Yeah we do...

Neither Flowers (#21) nor Griffin (#49T) are ranked in the top 20 DB's statistically.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...xperience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Some obvious confusion by the second author. "SeaWolv"s linked page redirects to 2019 preseason history?

It's amazing how often stats are carelessly misused.
..........................................................................................................................

Back on topic............. I think the versatile Quinton Jefferson has earned consideration for a second contract.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The team has certainly tried to invest in the D line, but hasn't quite worked out.

LJ Collier (1st round) and Malik McDowell (2nd round) is a lot of draft capitol for one bust and one soon to be bust.

Trading a 2nd rounder and a promising edge rusher (Martin) for Clowney was also a big investment.

Hopefully they keep trying to improve the D line, but it's not like they haven't tried

Hopefully Reed steps it up on Sunday. The Eagles just had to put one of their starting guards on IR. His presence would be huge if he pressured Wentz and stopped their new little running back.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1kldro4t said:
The team has certainly tried to invest in the D line, but hasn't quite worked out.

LJ Collier (1st round) and Malik McDowell (2nd round) is a lot of draft capitol for one bust and one soon to be bust.

Trading a 2nd rounder and a promising edge rusher (Martin) for Clowney was also a big investment.

Hopefully they keep trying to improve the D line, but it's not like they haven't tried

Hopefully Reed steps it up on Sunday. The Eagles just had to put one of their starting guards on IR. His presence would be huge if he pressured Wentz and stopped their new little running back.
Didn't they trade a 3rd which will be recouped if Clowney signs elsewhere?

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":34tpnysj said:
Jerhawk":34tpnysj said:

Didn't they trade a 3rd which will be recouped if Clowney signs elsewhere?
Don't remember the details of the trade, but the 3d is what folks are saying we'd get as a comp if Clowney signs elsewhere. I think that isn't until the year after IIRC, which means not til 2021.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jville":wvk20oc1 said:
SeaWolv":wvk20oc1 said:
kf3339":wvk20oc1 said:

Yeah we do...

Neither Flowers (#21) nor Griffin (#49T) are ranked in the top 20 DB's statistically.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...xperience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Some obvious confusion by the second author. "SeaWolv"s linked page redirects to 2019 preseason history?

It's amazing how often stats are carelessly misused.
..........................................................................................................................

Back on topic............. I think the versatile Quinton Jefferson has earned consideration for a second contract.

Yes, that's what happened. Funny! :lol:

As for Jefferson I agree completely! :irishdrinkers: