Has a fan base ever flipped

W

Welshers

as quickly as this one has from hating back to liking Pete Carroll? I hope everyone can admit that the vast majority of this forum spent the last 3 years calling for Carroll to be fired. And not just here. People all over Seattle.

Now all of a sudden everyone is pretending like they always supported Pete. Like they always knew Russ was the problem. No, that's revisionist history.

I don't know if I've ever seen a coach's legacy get altered so fast as I have with Pete these last few weeks. He went from "carried by Russ" to one of the top coaches in the NFL and utterly redeemed in less than half a season. The way things worked out, Russ leaving and failing, Pete having success, couldn't have been more drastically positive for Pete.

As a guy who has stood by Pete loyally since the beginning this is all very vindicating.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dot net 2022: Everyone MUST BE CALLED OUT FOR BEING WRONG!!!! But we know Welsh, you've never been wrong about anything :cool: (y) 🤘
Who gives a rip, Pete is coaching has a** off, good. So some of us were ready to move on from Pete, big deal.
Almost everyone (other than Fade) has given Pete props on his coaching this year. What else do you want?

Last edited:

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
as quickly as this one has from hating back to liking Pete Carroll? I hope everyone can admit that the vast majority of this forum spent the last 3 years calling for Carroll to be fired. And not just here. People all over Seattle.

Now all of a sudden everyone is pretending like they always supported Pete. Like they always knew Russ was the problem. No, that's revisionist history.

I don't know if I've ever seen a coach's legacy get altered so fast as I have with Pete these last few weeks. He went from "carried by Russ" to one of the top coaches in the NFL and utterly redeemed in less than half a season. The way things worked out, Russ leaving and failing, Pete having success, couldn't have been more drastically positive for Pete.

As a guy who has stood by Pete loyally since the beginning this is all very vindicating.

I think the answer to your question is "Yes".

Denver's fan base flipped faster if you go by the raining boos at their first home game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This isn't news. When a team is supposed to be average and they start winning, people notice quickly. When a team is supposed to be a contender, and they crap the bed? Same
Instead, we need 39 threads saying I was right, you were wrong!!!

Nunya

Reaction score
I understand it. Fans tends to be result driven and it is common to look for places to put blame and head coaches are easy targets. if you remember, Wilson was not playing too badly the last couple of seasons. If fact, he was mentioned early in the last couple of seasons as being in being in running for Offensive Player of the Year. When the offense is not producing and the QB appears to be playing well, the obvious scapegoat is the coaching. Unfortunately, things are seldom that simple.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete and John's forte is building a team and I decided after the trade that the best course of action for the franchise was to let Pete and John do their thing (again). And boy, have they.

Russ had to go to get the draft capital to re-build the team. It was time. Out with the old, in with the new.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Dot net 2022: Everyone MUST BE CALLED OUT FOR BEING WRONG!!!! But we know Welsh, you've never been wrong about anything :cool: (y) 🤘
Who gives a rip, Pete is coaching has a** off, good. So some of us were ready to move on from Pete, big deal.
Almost everyone (other than Fade) has given Pete props on his coaching this year. What else do you want?
I get what you're saying. But he did admit he was wrong about Geno:)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Welshers I suspect the quiet majority while not being happy with Pete in his every decision was not truly hating on him unlike the very vocal minority here.

Let’s face it, it is truly hard to stay on top or near the top of the league year after year. Pn’J have for sure made a lot of personnel moves that have raised eyebrows or have been suspect or simply wrong but they work the problems to try to find answers and have the record which shows they’re more often right.

When he’s finally gone we will miss the heck out of him.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Imo... I feel we as seahawk fans.. or just Seattle sports fans in general tend to be very impatient at times. So yes.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Ah one of my biggest fans coming in as the first reply to my thread! Thanks for your kind words SoulfishHawk, while I can agree I have rarely been wrong I would not say never! You're too kind to me!

I was wrong about Geno. But other than that I do agree I've had an immaculate record. I called Russell's downfall, Pete's ascension and so much more. Thanks for being a fan!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny thing is: You actually probably think you have fans. And, you actually think you're always right. How cute.
But, you are fun to mess with.
Go Hawks

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Funny thing is: You actually probably think you have fans. And, you actually think you're always right. How cute.
But, you are fun to mess with.
Go Hawks
You have no idea how many people from this forum constantly dm me and ask for my guidance! Tons of fans! Many such cases!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

Who's pretending they weren't wrong about Pete, Russ or this season? One or two people? You of all people shouldn't be calling out others for being wrong.

Literally, the topic at the top of the boards is "We were all wrong", from one of the biggest deniers of all. How off base can you possibly get?

sc85sis

Reaction score

I've said it many times: Pete isn't perfect, but he's a damned good coach (and better at the Xs and Os than many credit him for). I've been a fan since about 2001, and I continue to be one now.

Mick063

Reaction score
Never once have I believed that Pete Carroll was not the right man for the job. I have always believed that he should coach the team for as long as he feels fit. I do believe, however, that Schnieder has whiffed badly on some drafts. He sure hit the last one out of the park though. I think the team gave up way too much compensation for Jamaal Adams, but that was the last major mistake by the organization. That seems like the distant past now. Regardless, if I personally had to pick the next salary to dump at the first feasible opportunity.........