Harvin

summesm

Reaction score
Anyone hear how his rehab is going. I know he is out still for some time but wondering if anything been heard

hawk79

Reaction score
All i've heard is that he's ahead of schedule. What that means? I have no idea because as far as I know, there has been no concrete schedule for his rehab period or return. I think the general consensus is that, if all goes well, he may return first week of December since our bye is the last weekend of November. Activate his 2 weeks prior to bye week, play him the first week of December.

Basis4day

Reaction score
You're really not going to hear much about it on a week to week basis. Has is even been a month since his surgery? Absolute best case scenario is sounding like late November so you're not going to hear any worthwhile updates for a few months.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Even if he's ahead of schedule, it's probably going to take a month of working on him to get him into game shape so he won't pull a hammy or something right away.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
On the radio they said he was in the weight room working hard, no limp....

warden

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ve62xj6 said:
Absolute best case scenario is sounding like late November so you're not going to hear any worthwhile updates for a few months.

They said the recovery time is 3 to 4 months. Game seven on Oct 17th is 12 weeks. So absolute best case scenario is late October not late November

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
warden":1ikojayh said:
Basis4day":1ikojayh said:
Absolute best case scenario is sounding like late November so you're not going to hear any worthwhile updates for a few months.

They said the recovery time is 3 to 4 months. Game seven on Oct 17th is 12 weeks. So absolute best case scenario is late October not late November

Recovery time and getting back in game shape and satisfying the ultra-conservative (with injuries at least) Pete is a different story. I'd be shocked if we see him on the field for a game in late October.

Basis4day

Reaction score
warden":7wsswp97 said:
Basis4day":7wsswp97 said:

More estimating than anything. In my head it's just "a couple months". Too early for worthwhile updates in the August, September and even October.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I hope he's in a bathtub full of deer antler fluid right now.

But honestly, I think he will be back by week 9. Just a feeling... And if he can be, the rest of him is going to be in much better shape than the season-worn defenders that will be trying to stop him from making plays.

Sturm

Reaction score
I don't understand why a small tear in a muscle needed surgery in the first place.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Sturm":7bifm0vs said:
I don't understand why a small tear in a muscle needed surgery in the first place.

The labrum refers to the cartilage in the joint which surrounds and supports the region, in lay terms, and not any particular muscle. Cartilage does not heal on its own the way muscle or skin does. Chronic inflammation in the area would lead to scarring, breakdown of the joint itself, arthritis, and ultimately a loss of functionality.

C-Dub

Reaction score
jkitsune":2s7ydnuo said:
Sturm":2s7ydnuo said:

The labrum refers to the cartilage in the joint which surrounds and supports the region, in lay terms, and not any particular muscle. Cartilage does not heal on its own the way muscle or skin does. Chronic inflammation in the area would lead to scarring, breakdown of the joint itself, arthritis, and ultimately a loss of functionality.
Damn. That sucks.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Wonder if hes using a Hyperbaric chamber? Thought AP used one for his recovery. Don't rush it or he will be down for a hip replacement and retirement!