Harvin placed on PUP...

OP
OP
cberg

cberg

Reaction score
Scruggs and Simon to the PUP as well. I though Simon would go to the IR. Interesting. I think we will have a lot of musical chairs the first half of the season at the bottom of the roster.

kearly

Reaction score
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
"So you are saying there's a chance..."...

This is good news. Not as good as Clemons still having a shot to be on the 53 instead of PUP, but awesome nonetheless.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Harvin situation looks like it is working out pretty much as I have said more than once. Able to play anytime from game 7-11. It's all up to how hard he rehabs at this point. Though it wouldn't shock me in the least to see him in St. Louis given he is in top physical shape. Clemons is just another bonus.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Barthawk":1b0jr87i said:
nothing new.. he has been on the PUP since the beginning of camp

actually it is kinda new. Pre-season PUP is different than regular season PUP. It shows they are optimistic about his return. This means he could be back to play in a game week 7. Otherwise they could have placed him as "Injured Reserve designated to return", where he could be back to practice week 6 but wouldn't be cleared to play until week 9.

So, either there is another player they are planning on using the IR/Designated to return tag on (they only get one) and/or they are cautiously optimistic that harvin will be ready week 7 or 8.

CHawk

Reaction score
Sooooooo he might be back for the Vikings???????????????

OP
OP
cberg

cberg

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2y2zxcb0 said:
Barthawk":2y2zxcb0 said:
nothing new.. he has been on the PUP since the beginning of camp

actually it is kinda new. Pre-season PUP is different than regular season PUP. It shows they are optimistic about his return. This means he could be back to play in a game week 7. Otherwise they could have placed him as "Injured Reserve designated to return", where he could be back to practice week 6 but wouldn't be cleared to play until week 9.

So, either there is another player they are planning on using the IR/Designated to return tag on (they only get one) and/or they are cautiously optimistic that harvin will be ready week 7 or 8.

Correct, the team needed to make the decision to put him on the PUP for the first six weeks or the IR/Designated that puts him out until week 11. The PUP also gives them until week 9 before they have to make a roster move if he is not quite ready.

This is good news.

ak3000

Reaction score
I'm happy Clem wasn't PUPed at this point. Don't know about week 1 if he's still not practicing

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Come on...we all know that there are some folk on here that sincerely believe that Percy Harvin has the "magic juice" to make this team play on the next higher level. Personally......I will be really surprised if he can "make a difference" this Regular Season. Post Season.....we'll see.