Happy Armed Forces Day

grizbob

Reaction score
to all my .net brothers and sisters in the military past or present :th2thumbs: :salute:

osprey6

Reaction score
Spent 14 years in the Army Reserve and another 4 in ROTC. A lot of pain in the butt stuff, but good memories, good stories and a sense of pride that I carry with me 10 years after I left.

sc85sis

Reaction score
My sister retired after 24 years as a Navy JAG last fall. I thank you on her behalf.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":24qrcfom said:
2 Years in the Navy with 18 more to go!
Proudly stationed aboard the JCS in Bremerton!

What's your rating? And, I'll be 'stationed aboard' the JCS for 6 weeks of swing shift starting at the end of June... I'll be in the hangar deck, forward, in a trailer that's going to serve as the trouble desk for the nuclear control engineers (code 2330)... Meanwhile, my son-in-law just got transferred off the same ship. He was the XO's yeoman.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":12h3loqe said:
nIdahoSeahawk":12h3loqe said:
2 Years in the Navy with 18 more to go!
Proudly stationed aboard the JCS in Bremerton!

What's your rating? And, I'll be 'stationed aboard' the JCS for 6 weeks of swing shift starting at the end of June... I'll be in the hangar deck, forward, in a trailer that's going to serve as the trouble desk for the nuclear control engineers (code 2330)... Meanwhile, my son-in-law just got transferred off the same ship. He was the XO's yeoman.

I'm a CTT3. Next month when the maintenance starts, I'll be helping out with the lagging team

Blaydeman

Reaction score
I played in an Army/Navy rugby match at Ft Lewis. Army won 24-29. A general stopped by and said a few words. I won man of the match for the navy forwards. Its been a good day.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for anybody that goes the military route. And often times wish that I had chosen that route as a younger man. Thanks to all of you.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm a 5 year ex Army Cavalry scout stationed at Ft. Carson, CO (great area, btw). One thing I've learned in my time serving is to appreciate those who have served regardless of job or branch, so thanks to all you vets out there and those still serving!!

BlueTalon":3mgids9d said:
3+ years Army Reserves/National Guard
6 years Navy
10 years Marine Corps
Probably the craziest military career path I've seen lol.

What caused the changes of branches if you don't mind me asking? Did you do the same jobs for each?

Sturm

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3czzylnh said:
I have a lot of respect for anybody that goes the military route. And often times wish that I had chosen that route as a younger man. Thanks to all of you.

Thanks for what? They get paid by the citizens of this country to go fight meaningless wars for the rich a-holes who run this country.

Wake the hell up!

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Sturm":2zhfmhmz said:
JSeahawks":2zhfmhmz said:

Thanks for what? They get paid by the citizens of this country to go fight meaningless wars for the rich a-holes who run this country.

Wake the hell up!

God bless America where you have the freedom to bitch about the people that fight for your right to do so. :roll:

Latest posts