Gurley to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ditto!

Costa too muchie. Player is broken and wouldn't be available all season long. Can get as much or even more from a younger healthier player for way less.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
What? why on earth would you want a player that is completely done? dudes knee is lunch.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's great at the beginning of the season, but wears down about November. About the same time Penny should be back..

Minimum wage? Can we sign him for free since he's already been paid by the Rams? :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely go young on this. JS will find a gem in the draft.

GLio14

Reaction score
Rapaport said they wouldn't wanna spend a whole lot. I don't know what Gurley is going to expect in terms of money. The Rams are still paying him 7 million, so maybe he'll take a cut.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Running backs are a dime a dozen in the draft. For example Alex Collins, Spencer Ware, and Chris Carson all had 900 + yard seasons in the NFL and have served as every down running backs at one time or another. I think the highest draft capital we spent on these players was a 5th.

Gurley, quite frankly I've never been that impressed by even when he was healthy. He is a bit like Penny in that he is a patient runner, and he isn't going to break too many tackles. He also ran behind one of the best lines in the NFL when he was running all over the league. He can catch and pass block which is a plus -- but at this point he'd be an expensive third down back for us. His days of being a feature back are all but done with his knee problems.

The draft is where we need to look in all honesty. We need another bruising running back to step in if Carson can't go, which at this point has been more often than not in his career (is out with an injury almost every year). Penny won't be available for half a year, and he really doesn't cover the same niche as Carson.

toffee

Reaction score
I am in the minority, I can see Him as a rotational RB, like a place holder to wait for Penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced that the knee is 100% of the problem. I think i read that the Rams saved 2.3 million by cutting him? It will cost that much just to fill the postion with a mid round pick. Something going on with him and the organization too in my opinion.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'd kick the tires on Gurley and Melvin Gordon. They both can be great backs, and we love to run the football...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts