Guess it's now official that Leroy Hill won't be back

CANHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":336ew036 said:
It's official: Leroy Hill has signed with the Broncos. This article from 10 days ago kinda slipped under the radar. Apparently both the Seahawks and Broncos are both benefitting from the two states' recent pot legalization laws, in the free agent recruiting wars.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22 ... ree-agents

Uh... that article didn't say anything about Leroy Hill (well, at least not according to Ctrl F anyway). Wikipedia and Rotoworld still list Leroy as a free agent.

perhaps Leroy isn't the only one taking advantage of the new pot laws hmmmm?

olyfan63

Reaction score
CANHawk":tccopeoi said:
olyfan63":tccopeoi said:
It's official: Leroy Hill has signed with the Broncos. This article from 10 days ago kinda slipped under the radar. Apparently both the Seahawks and Broncos are both benefitting from the two states' recent pot legalization laws, in the free agent recruiting wars.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22 ... ree-agents

Uh... that article didn't say anything about Leroy Hill (well, at least not according to Ctrl F anyway). Wikipedia and Rotoworld still list Leroy as a free agent.

perhaps Leroy isn't the only one taking advantage of the new pot laws hmmmm?

Gotcha! 10 days ago, from my original post, would be April 1...
If I would have thought of this on April 1, I would have posted a separate thread. Yet another missed opportunity. Pass that joint.
(In truth I don't toke because it doesn't do anything further for me beyond my natural state)

It almost seems like a plausible angle though. All the potheads will arrange to wind up in Seattle or Denver. Remember the old "Jail Blazers" edition of the Northwest's remaining NBA franchise? Bet they would have arranged to have most of their operations in Vancouver, just over the state line.

hawk45

Reaction score
CANHawk":jf84t8aw said:
smashmouth59":jf84t8aw said:
I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...

I agree. LeRoy wasn't exactly an All Pro last year (and he was a bit of a liability against the pass at times IIRC), but he was very good at what he was put in there to do. I thought at many times watching games last year that he was the most fundamentally sound tackler on the entire field; he would break down, square up, set his feet, explode his shoulder into the ball carier's center of mass, wrap up the legs and drag them down to the ground. Too many guys these days just try to blow people up to get on Sports Center, but LeRoy deserves props for sticking to the fundamentals.

To be honest, in nearly every game since 05 I found myself thinking at several points Leroy was the best linebacker out there both in tackling ability and in blitz-ability. And consistency-wise he has been a rock out there for what, 7 years? May have been a year he was injured in there?

Leroy has been a stud his entire career here. Off the field he had problems but on the field guy was a beast.

olyfan63

Reaction score
CANHawk":3kj5x2ys said:
Lol. funny guy.

BTW, your mom died 288 hours ago.

That sucks, I was just about to call her! I guess the dream of sharing with my mom, that moment of the Seahawks lifting their first Lombardi trophy is over. Crap, now I'm way behind on her funeral arrangements, and it could cut into following the Seahawks draft or my time on .NET. Calling my auntie now to see if she's can get this handled for me...

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
He was already living on the edge before the season started last year cause of age and off field issues. I'm surprised to see it as a topic of discussion now, especially given his latest off the field issues.