Grigson over Schneider 2012 Exec of the Year

bigskydoc

Reaction score
AgentDib":23s00h8m said:
svenge":23s00h8m said:
Bad decisions for awards happen. Still not as bad a choice as Marisa Tomei winning the Oscar for Best Actress in 1993, though.
My Cousin Vinny, Howards End, Husbands and Wives, Enchanted April, and Damage. I don't hate giving awards to the only one of those movies to still be relevant 23 years later.

Should have gone to Robin Williams for Mrs. Doubtfire or Meg Ryan for the orgasm... er, I mean Sleepless in Seattle

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Upon further review, I am off by a year. But yes, 1992 had few, if any, good actress roles.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
endzorn":3rnyinwj said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/07/grigson-lucks-contract-takes-cap-space-affects-colts-defense/

If true then Seattle's defense should be bad too.
As the article states:

Still, Grigson’s excuse is fairly weak. The Colts have paid Luck a lot less than the Broncos paid Peyton Manning while they built the defense that won them the Super Bowl last year. It’s certainly not impossible to build a great defense while paying a quarterback a lot of money.

Bottom line, Grigson sucks.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":3aqk2spk said:
McGruff":3aqk2spk said:
2011 — Trent Baalke, San Francisco 49ers
2012 — Ryan Grigson, Indianapolis Colts
2013 — John Dorsey, Kansas City Chiefs
2014 — Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys
2015 — Mike Maccagnan, New York Jets

Baalke, Grigson, Jones and Maccagan? Baalke? Seriously?

That 2011 draft yielded 49er starters for a few years.

Harbaugh doing the job all by himself might have been too much of a stretch.

GMs get benefit of the doubt when teams win.

And no one here was talking smack about Baalke back then.

Look at John Dorsey in 2013? What did he do that was so special? The Alex Smith trade?

Really? The 2011 draft of which you only have 3 players remaining: Kaepernick, who's riding pine behind Blaine Gabbert of all people, Ian Williams, who is on IR and only became a starter when Baalke's vaunted roster went up in flames, and Daniel Kilgore, the only one who is actually STARTING right now who became a starter the same year as Williams, and has only started 12 games in 5 and 1/4 seasons? Aldon Smith was good and great for stretches, but he couldn't stop breaking the law, much like Chris Culliver and Bruce Miller who are all gone from San Francisco. The rest of the guys listed I'd never heard of with the exception of DeMarcus Dobbs because he's a former Seahawk. Admit it, 2011 sucked. It's just forgotten because of how badly Baalke cratered the 2012 draft.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/2/3/5366340/revisiting-the-49ers-2011-draft-class

A

Anonymous

svenge":3hjbzmpd said:
endzorn":3hjbzmpd said:
Ryan Grigson was awarded the 2012 Executive of the Year award essentially for making what was at the time the most obvious draft choice in NFL history. Schneider built this team from the ground up and that season he hit a number of home runs, yet Grigson (a joke of a GM) got far more votes. This is why you shouldn't get worked up when Seahawks don't get post season awards...they're a farce anyway.

Look at these teams 4 years later. The Colts have an embarrassing roster and Seattle continues to contend. Grigson will never get a GM job again while Schneider would be the hottest name on the market if he became available.

Bad decisions for awards happen. Still not as bad a choice as Marisa Tomei winning the Oscar for Best Actress in 1993, though.

That's Best Supporting Actress, for her depiction of Mona Lisa Vito in "My Cousin Vinny".

Erebus

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1anzqcd4 said:
AgentDib":1anzqcd4 said:
svenge":1anzqcd4 said:
My Cousin Vinny, Howards End, Husbands and Wives, Enchanted April, and Damage. I don't hate giving awards to the only one of those movies to still be relevant 23 years later.

Should have gone to Robin Williams for Mrs. Doubtfire or Meg Ryan for the orgasm... er, I mean Sleepless in Seattle

I know Robin Williams played a part time woman, but I don't believe that made him eligible for best actress.

A

Anonymous

Hass2Carlson":2knlsvam said:
The orgasm scene was in When Harry Met Sally, not Sleepless in Seattle

I know, right?

Amateurs... :34853_doh:

:mrgreen: