Greyson McCall QB

Chawker

Reaction score
Watching McCall, he has the touch, he has the ability to run, he has the arm strength. His footwork may need some refinement, but he has the ability to lead a team and win.

Greyson McCall 6'3" 210 good size and speed to be a true dual threat QB.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I am gobsmacked by the talent that went portal today. The QB list alone is crazy (to me). Grayson McCall, Dillon Gabriel,
Leonard Riley, Tyler Van Dyke and on and on.

It's now looking like the Dawgs will sign MSU's Will Rogers. Couple names up top I'd rather have but the kid throws a good ball. I just didn't know he had the arm talent Grubb and DeBoer seek. Riley was the guy I wanted but I suppose with some of these kids it's also about demographics. Maybe that's why we're not getting interest from McCall or Riley (?). But why not Gabriel? He's from Hawaii (I know his uncle), Like Penix, he's left handed and has tons of big game experience. Can't get my head around this at all. We really just need a solid stop gap at the Dub until Austin Mack is ready in 2025.

But to your point, I do like McCall a lot. I don't know that he has an NFL arm but I know Jake Browning didn't. But Jake looked pretty good in victory tonight. So I know nothing.

OTOH, Dillon Johnson and Will Rogers were team mates under Leach at MSU. If Johnson is saying he'll return if we bring Rogers on, by all means, bring Rogers on.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
I am gobsmacked by the talent that went portal today. The QB list alone is crazy (to me). Grayson McCall, Dillon Gabriel,

It's now looking like the Dawgs will sign MSU's Will Rogers. Couple names up top I'd rather have but the kid throws a good ball. I just didn't know he had the arm talent Grubb and DeBoer seek. Riley was the guy I wanted but I suppose with some of these kids it's also about demographics. Maybe that's why we're not getting interest from McCall or Riley (?). But why not Gabriel? He's from Hawaii (I know his uncle), Like Penix, he's left handed and has tons of big game experience. Can't get my head around this at all. We really just need a solid stop gap at the Dub until Austin Mack is ready in 2025.

But to your point, I do like McCall a lot. I don't know that he has an NFL arm but I know Jake Browning didn't. But Jake looked pretty good in victory tonight. So I know nothing.

OTOH, Dillon Johnson and Will Rogers were team mates under Leach at MSU. If Johnson is saying he'll return if we bring Rogers on, by all means, bring Rogers on.

I was a bit concerned for U of Washington post-Penix, not now with Rodgers heading in next season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

If DeBoer likes the kid, that's more than enough for me.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Throws with a lot of touch. Great corner throws. Too bad he's not coming out for the draft next year.