Good luck this week!

seahawksny

Reaction score
Anybody recall when the last time these two teams played where it wasnt close? I think Hawks won 20-10 last year at Seattle, and that game was very close. I cant remember the last time either team won by more than that.

Always expect dogfight between these two.

Should be fun again and really hope Hawks win.

Austin11

Reaction score
seahawksny":30oxc1xy said:
Anybody recall when the last time these two teams played where it wasnt close? I think Hawks won 20-10 last year at Seattle, and that game was very close. I cant remember the last time either team won by more than that.

Always expect dogfight between these two.

Should be fun again and really hope Hawks win.

Last year, the Rams won the first meeting 19-13. Seattle won the last game of the year 20-13 ( I believe it was tied until a couple minutes left in the game if I'm not mistaken). In 2011, when the Rams were horrible - last year under Spags - Seattle won both, 24-7 and 30-13. In 2010, Rams won first meeting 20-3, and Seattle won the last game (with Charlie Whitehurst quarterbacking - that was the one that decided the NFC West.

So, other than 2011, they've all been pretty good, close games except for a couple... I look for more of the same this week. You know Carroll and Fisher will have their teams ready.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Austin11":133e9p33 said:
Fitzram - I agree with a couple of your goals this week... I'd love to see Quinn get a couple sacks to get to 20. I think that would help him get DPOY. I think he has Deacon Jones award locked up. I think his 2 biggest threats for DPOY are going to be on the other side of the field Sunday (Sherman and Thomas). I love Sherman - hell of a player, attitude, and brings it. Kind of guy you hate when he's on the other team, but love on your team. Thomas - best safety in football. Watch for our TJ McDonald as an up and comer too... he hits like a truck and is big and athletic.

Quinn is at 18 sacks and Mathis (Colts) is at 17.5 sacks. There was a change from a Freeman interception to a Mathis strip sack after the game.

Colts play Jags (who Mathis sacked 3 times last game).

I very much hope Quinn wins it, but it is not even close to being locked up. He will have to earn it against this very tough Seahawk team, while Mathis gets the easier Jags. It is encouraging that Quinn had 3 sacks in our last game, but that was without Okung playing. That said, go Quinn.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
RedAlice":15mdyz5l said:
Austin11":15mdyz5l said:
Fitzram - I agree with a couple of your goals this week... I'd love to see Quinn get a couple sacks to get to 20. I think that would help him get DPOY. I think he has Deacon Jones award locked up. I think his 2 biggest threats for DPOY are going to be on the other side of the field Sunday (Sherman and Thomas). I love Sherman - hell of a player, attitude, and brings it. Kind of guy you hate when he's on the other team, but love on your team. Thomas - best safety in football. Watch for our TJ McDonald as an up and comer too... he hits like a truck and is big and athletic.

Quinn is at 18 sacks and Mathis (Colts) is at 17.5 sacks. There was a change from a Freeman interception to a Mathis strip sack after the game.

Colts play Jags (who Mathis sacked 3 times last game).

I very much hope Quinn wins it, but it is not even close to being locked up. He will have to earn it against this very tough Seahawk team, while Mathis gets the easier Jags. It is encouraging that Quinn had 3 sacks in our last game, but that was without Okung playing. That said, go Quinn.

Yea, just read about that a little while ago. It sucks!! I agree its not close to a lock anymore, just hope that Quinn has a bunch of sacks on Wilson again. Okung is very good, maybe his injury will help Quinn a little(i don't mean it in the way that i want him hurting, just saying its an extra element).

GO QUINN!!!!

*p.s. do you remember how many times, if any, Quinn got to Wilson last when facing Okung?

RedAlice

Reaction score
In the 2012 games:

1st game in St. Louis there were 2 sacks, with Quinn getting 1.
2nd game in Seattle there were 6 sacks, with Quinn getting 1.

However, Quinn is a different player this year so not sure those stats are relevant.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
RedAlice":2ouaqvip said:
In the 2012 games:

1st game in St. Louis there were 2 sacks, with Quinn getting 1.
2nd game in Seattle there were 6 sacks, with Quinn getting 1.

However, Quinn is a different player this year so not sure those stats are relevant.

True, just seeing what he did against Okung when he was a pro-bowler as to know when he is slightly injured.

I agree Quinn isn't the same player. But i most note, Okung isn't either since slightly injured. It will be a good battle.

This is going to be a great game, and i will be watching Quinn a lot.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I guess 2011 will go down as the year of the sackmaster. Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Quinn, and JJ Watt...all taken in the first 11 picks.

I am of course hoping for a Rams win, but I just can't see it happening. 'Hawks have their backs against the wall and need the win. They'll be focused.