Golden Tate gets 4th top 100 play on NFLN at #34

Cartire

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":2ocyqxbr said:
If this has been brought up, I apologize, but why was he marked down on the play? It looked to me like he didn't complete the catch until he was over and past the defender. So, if he wasn't touched after he fully completed the catch, how was he down? Or was it ruled that he "caught" the ball on top of the defender, so when he hit the ground he was down?

Its close enough to call it down. They did actually review if i remember.

I believe since it was part of the same sequence, him touching the ball, and still touching him in the fall, and then possessing, while still on the ground.

Reaction score
Cartire":opavothc said:
MissoulaHawkFan":opavothc said:
If this has been brought up, I apologize, but why was he marked down on the play? It looked to me like he didn't complete the catch until he was over and past the defender. So, if he wasn't touched after he fully completed the catch, how was he down? Or was it ruled that he "caught" the ball on top of the defender, so when he hit the ground he was down?

Its close enough to call it down. They did actually review if i remember.

I believe since it was part of the same sequence, him touching the ball, and still touching him in the fall, and then possessing, while still on the ground.
Thanks, Cartire. Makes sense. Didn't really matter in the long run anyhow since we scored like 2/3 plays later. Would've made the play that much more epic if it was called a td though.

OP
OP
dunceface

dunceface

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2npc7opa said:
With him getting play #34, he now leads the list for players with the most plays. Tate has 4, Pierre Garcon and Adrian Peterson both have 3.

The Seahawks lead both in # of players on the list and as the team with the most appearances on the list. Ohhh, yeah. 8)

Love these stats! :th2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
And of course 2 people in the comments section, probably Packers fans, said it shouldn't be a top 100 play because there was offensive "P.I."... bwaaahaha! cue Tcal.