Golden Tate feature in the Seattle Times today

nsport

Reaction score
The Seattle Times did an article on Golden Tate this morning that I really enjoyed. I like the guy a ton and I think the player we saw attack the ball on the GB Hail Mary is who he is - a gamer, a fighter, and all about the team. The article goes into detail about how he lead the team in receptions over the 2nd half. I particularly am impressed that he's grateful that the Seahawks kept trying with him, even during the first years of struggle and under-performance. His contract is up this year - but based on what he's saying, I have a sneaking suspicion that he really wants to be a Seahawk for life - which is great news. I hope they decide to lock him up for a fair price on a 3-4 year deal.

Online Version: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 09xml.html

Atradees

Reaction score
Interesting. I saw Tate do some amazing things last year. Loved the Chicago game. That TD which he made a foot off the ground was

just the sort of probowl will to power type stuff I love to see.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Much as I like what Percy Harvin potentially gives us, letting Tate walk in free agency would be a mistake. He and Russ are good friends off the field and it's translated to great chemistry on the field, particularly when Russ gets out of the pocket.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Golden has his Jordy Nelson-esque, 4th Year monster breakout season this year and ends up staying a Hawk for a long time. Book it.

*Please, do not literally board a plane to Vegas (I'm lookin at you Leif) or find some shady offshore sports gambling site and place a bet with regards to Golden Tate and his monster breakout 2013 season. In the event that you do, I invoke the right to AT LEAST 15%.*

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I bet we can keep Tate for mid tier receiver money for a small cap hit. I think that would be great for the team as both Tate and Harvin are great for YAC, you just can't bring them down.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":4fmqfpse said:
Much as I like what Percy Harvin potentially gives us, letting Tate walk in free agency would be a mistake. He and Russ are good friends off the field and it's translated to great chemistry on the field, particularly when Russ gets out of the pocket.
yep.

Sac

Reaction score
Tate is going to be really good this year. And I have a feeling he'd rather stay with RW than get a few million more to try and catch passes from a lesser QB.

oasis

Reaction score
I added this signature in honor of this thread.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I used to be a big detractor of Tate's. His rookie season was worse than a lot of people acknowledged, he struggled with even some of the basic rules of the game. The strides he's made from there are amazing. I'm excited about him.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
The only negative of the Harvin trade was the $$.

next offseason we will lose either Sidney or Tate , also possible that we lose both. we need money for Okung , Thomas , Sherman , eventually Wilson , maybe Browner. its going to be tough.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I love watching Tate go to work on the sidelines. That TD he caught in the Jets game was my favorite TD of last year, I think. It was a great throw by Wilson to stick it in there, but the DB had pretty good coverage. Tate just went up and got to the ball as soon as it got there, and the poor Jets corner got turned all around.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
My favorite play of Tates last year was, I can't remember the team, but it was one of those sideline throws TJack used to try to make to MikeWill all the time. But Tate was blanketed and went up higher than the corner and snatched the ball turned around and got a TD. It was graceful to watch

Sac

Reaction score
I don't think we lose anybody. More money comes off the books next year and the year after the cap goes up a lot with the new TV deal money.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
What's exciting about Tate, Harvin and Lynch is they're all hard to tackle. That wears down a defense. Wearing down the defense is at the root of Carroll's philosophy.

I foresee teams going on losing streaks after they play us because they were so worn down and beat up.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1p6jtywq said:
My favorite play of Tates last year was, I can't remember the team, but it was one of those sideline throws TJack used to try to make to MikeWill all the time. But Tate was blanketed and went up higher than the corner and snatched the ball turned around and got a TD. It was graceful to watch

it was against the Jets :)

http://youtu.be/0fRuJsWioUw?t=2m15s

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Golden is golden he is a player that I see continuing to improve. Met him too. The receiver line-up we have is top notch without major ego tripping divas. 8)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It's a good article. My opinion on the future of the WR corps is that Rice must restructure next season or he's gone. I think his cap hit next year is $9+ mil. I'd rather have Tate long term than Rice simply because of Rice's health concerns. We could likely resign Tate and Baldwin with the money saved from restructuring or cutting Rice. But if he's gone, we'd have to get someone with some height.

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ieumzr4s said:
I used to be a big detractor of Tate's. His rookie season was worse than a lot of people acknowledged, he struggled with even some of the basic rules of the game. The strides he's made from there are amazing. I'm excited about him.

In the 23 years since I first became a Seahawks fan, I seriously cannot recall another Seahawks receiver who started lower and worked his way higher. I think the most shocking thing about it was how Tate just looked intellectually incapable during this first 1.5 seasons, and players like that pretty much never work things out (Seneca Wallace, T-Jack, etc). But Tate did, and now he's one of the players I trust the most.

Throwdown

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1oval4vj said:

Mine was the catch in Miami.