Giants game a must win?

droop828

Reaction score
The Niners aren't winning out. In fact I would be surprised if they win at Tampa this weekend. At Arizona as well? Good luck with that.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Umm...I mean Tampa could give SF a tough game and an upset is possibly in play, but I don't see why someone would be surprised if the favorite in that game (SF) won.

Ninerg

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3rpaoofx said:
I don't think the Niners are going to be 12-4.

TB isn't an easy win in TB. Falcons game at home should be a W, but the last game against Arizona? Not a gimme, especially if it's for a playoff spot.

The Niners are a good team, they still haven't showed they are great. Gore isn't what he used to be and Kaepernick just isn't special.

To me, every game is a 'must win', this is the NFL, you only play 16 of them in the regular season. Practicing losing is never good.

You guys in here bash Kap relentlessly, probably more than some Niner fans do out here, but you forget, he is still young, Russell Wilson, Luck, Cam and RG3 has more experience behind center than Kap. Kap has potential has only begun to be tapped, sky is the limit for Kap, that is why Jaws said he can become one of the greatest QB's in history, he made that statement based upon his potential.

This coaching staff let Kap down this year, trying to make him a clone of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, fearing that he might get hurt. Having said that Kap lead the Niners to the super bowl with only 8 games experience, the only other QB to do that was Jeff Hostetler. That is why Kap gets so many endorsements, plus he has Swag, Style and charisma. Russell Wilson, as good as he is, still have yet to lead his team to the Superbowl, he has yet to accomplish what Kap has already done with less starts.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ninerg":wjno53yc said:
SonicHawk":wjno53yc said:

TB isn't an easy win in TB. Falcons game at home should be a W, but the last game against Arizona? Not a gimme, especially if it's for a playoff spot.

The Niners are a good team, they still haven't showed they are great. Gore isn't what he used to be and Kaepernick just isn't special.

To me, every game is a 'must win', this is the NFL, you only play 16 of them in the regular season. Practicing losing is never good.

You guys in here bash Kap relentlessly, probably more than some Niner fans do out here, but you forget, he is still young, Russell Wilson, Luck, Cam and RG3 has more experience behind center than Kap. Kap has potential has only begun to be tapped, sky is the limit for Kap, that is why Jaws said he can become one of the greatest QB's in history, he made that statement based upon his potential.

This coaching staff let Kap down this year, trying to make him a clone of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, fearing that he might get hurt. Having said that Kap lead the Niners to the super bowl with only 8 games experience, the only other QB to do that was Jeff Hostetler. That is why Kap gets so many endorsements, plus he has Swag, Style and charisma. Russell Wilson, as good as he is, still have yet to lead his team to the Superbowl, he has yet to accomplish what Kap has already done with less starts.

Yes, but unlike the other four, Kaep had an opportunity to sit and learn for 1.5 years before being kicked out of the nest, plus he inherited a team that was 14-2 and a missed FG from going to the SB in the previous season. Cam, Wilson, RG3, and Andrew Luck all inherited losing teams and were forced to start from the get go and learn on the job.

Kaepernick is not in the same class as the 4 you mentioned. He's an average quarterback at best and not much, if any, of an upgrade over Alex Smith.

Mindsink

Reaction score
The Giants just had any shred of hope for the playoffs officially extinguished in San Diego yesterday. I really don't think they're going to be playing this game with much effort. However, I could also see them playing this game like it's THEIR superbowl against the #1 team in the NFC.

In the end though, this is a pissed-off Seattle team who just lost a game they could have (and probably should have) won, despite some sloppy play, and they'll be taking it out on the G-men.

JonRud

Reaction score
The Giants are terrible. I don't care how they view this game, they are going to get hammered.

Mindsink

Reaction score
RiverDog":16tcglsk said:
Ninerg":16tcglsk said:
SonicHawk":16tcglsk said:

Yes, but unlike the other four, Kaep had an opportunity to sit and learn for 1.5 years before being kicked out of the nest, plus he inherited a team that was 14-2 and a missed FG from going to the SB in the previous season. Cam, Wilson, RG3, and Andrew Luck all inherited losing teams and were forced to start from the get go and learn on the job.

Kaepernick is not in the same class as the 4 you mentioned. He's an average quarterback at best and not much, if any, of an upgrade from Alex Smith.

Switch Kaep with Wilson.

Imagine Wilson throwing to Crabtree, V. Davis, and Boldin. That would be unstoppable.

Imagine Kaep playing with Tate, Baldwin, and Miller. Everyone would be talking about how Kaep has nobody to throw to.

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1fps0ljs said:
Is it? Really?
The only reason that it is a MUST WIN is because the Giants are really quite bad - people have been lamenting how they had been on a hot streak lately, but in reality, they barely beat a Rodgers-less Packer team, a Viking team led by Josh Freeman, the Redskins who are in freefall mode, a pretty bad Raiders team and the Eagles (who are a division foe and hadn't really hit their hot streak yet).

Glad to say that I'll be there for my first away game - here's hoping for payback for our loss there in 2011.

chrispy

Reaction score
As of today, the possibility of having to go to SF for a playoff game still exists. Until that possibility no longer exists, "must" or not "must", it's pretty important.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yesterday was the first game all season that I finally gave into my friend's "we got this" mentality. Pretty much every game before then I was always concerned going into each game. I finally have full confidence and we lose. So I'm going back to the concerned bandwagon. The NY Giants got nothing to lose this game, and like others have said, the last thing we want is the need to win 2/2 games against divisional opponents even if its at home. The Rams game last year was supposed to be a gimme and that was rough too. Cards are getting hot and they're fighting for a playoff spot.

farhat

Reaction score
New York is not a must win because we could still finish 13-3 and secure the #1 seed if we win in our final two games at home. However, those final two games at home are must wins so that we own the tiebreaker against San Francisco. The 2nd tiebreaker is: who has the better record in the division.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Ninerg":3fipwrty said:
SonicHawk":3fipwrty said:

Swag, style, and charisma?
GTFO.

You must be 15, and a Justin Bieber fan to care about any of that crap. He is average at best, and lucky that defense bails him out.

sutz

Reaction score
The fact is that we don't really know what games are "must win" until we see how the Niners do. I find that kind of silly. I've spent too many years hoping for something to happen vis-a-vis other teams to figure out our playoff scenarios. We don't have to do that yet.

If we win 2 out of 3, nothing else matters. Nothing.

But please proceed with your :240039: , although I thought I was beyond watching all that when my kid grew up.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
sutz":y2z9lo1c said:
The fact is that we don't really know what games are "must win" until we see how the Niners do. I find that kind of silly. I've spent too many years hoping for something to happen vis-a-vis other teams to figure out our playoff scenarios. We don't have to do that yet.

But please proceed with your :240039: , although I thought I was beyond watching all that when my kid grew up.
Giants are the weakest team left, that makes them a must win.

RiverDog

Reaction score
MadSweeney":23gjwawa said:
sutz":23gjwawa said:

Giants are the weakest team left, that makes them a must win.

Yea, but it's a road game, which tends to even itself out with the other two home games left on our schedule.

One of the bright sides to this loss is that it's going to keep us driving hard. I had some concerns about clinching HFA too early, and going 3 or 4 weeks w/o playing a meaningful game. This forces us to keep the pedal to the metal, and maintain our edge.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":198jk1l7 said:
Honestly, if we can't win all three against NY, Ari, and STL, I will be worried about our chances in the playoffs. If the Hawks are the team we think they are, they win these next games.
Completely agree. Must win indeed!

seahawks08

Reaction score
1-0 every week is a championship week, that is the philosophy we have been on. If we take care of things, I feel it is a must win. Mathematically for home field advantage, If we take care of all home games, we are good.

Mindsink

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3rjm73w0 said:
Ninerg":3rjm73w0 said:
SonicHawk":3rjm73w0 said:

Swag, style, and charisma?
GTFO.

You must be 15, and a Justin Bieber fan to care about any of that crap. He is average at best, and lucky that defense bails him out.

LOL! Yeah, maybe if Russell got some tats, started wearing other NFL teams' gear, and came off like a smug douchebag in interviews, he'd have exactly that kind of swag, style, and charisma. But no thanks. :)

Mindsink

Reaction score
If this is a must-win for the Seahawks, then what are the next three games for the 49ers?

Latest posts