Giants game a must win?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1ygdvmvo said:
9ers are going 12-4. Hawks HAVE to go 13-3 at worst to get HFA. We can't count on anyone else to blow it at this point, they've got to win the next two.

Agree 100% with this!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Honestly, if we can't win all three against NY, Ari, and STL, I will be worried about our chances in the playoffs. If the Hawks are the team we think they are, they win these next games.

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":358zze4c said:
Honestly, if we can't win all three against NY, Ari, and STL, I will be worried about our chances in the playoffs. If the Hawks are the team we think they are, they win these next games.

True. If I were a Niner fan, I'd be glad to still be in the division race and rooting for the 'hawks to lose, but I'd realistically expect the Hawks to win out based on exactly the same logic (from Niner eyes), that I've said about the Niner schedule.

What burns my cookies a little bit is because of today, we HAVE to go full bore against Arizona, and that will help the Niners reach the playoffs.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":2hg34we1 said:
bigcc":2hg34we1 said:
Polaris":2hg34we1 said:
Mathematically is it "must win"? No, but if we DON'T win it, then the Seahawks MUST win the final two home games or lose the division, and the precedence would be terrible.

Basically today's loss has elminated any reasonable cushion Seattle had in the division. It's HFA or nothing (essentially).

You are wrong on every level. Hypothetically we could lose out and still get HFA.

I am not wrong on every level. Do you really think that San Fran is going to lose another game? I sure don't. Not against such powerhouses as Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Arizona. In fact as Seahawk fans we need to take it as a given that the Niners will win out.

Actual lines and approximate projected lines per inpredictable... (source: http://www.inpredictable.com/p/ticker-nfl0.html)
Seattle -7 at NYG
Seattle -9.5 vs. Arizona
Seattle -13 vs. St. Louis

San Francisco -5 at Tampa Bay
San Francisco -11 vs. Atlanta
San Francisco -2 at Arizona

We're assuming for some reason that SF is going to win out and that we're the ones in danger here?

bigcc

Reaction score
Polaris":1sfbx2vt said:
bigcc":1sfbx2vt said:
Polaris":1sfbx2vt said:
Mathematically is it "must win"? No, but if we DON'T win it, then the Seahawks MUST win the final two home games or lose the division, and the precedence would be terrible.

Basically today's loss has elminated any reasonable cushion Seattle had in the division. It's HFA or nothing (essentially).

You are wrong on every level. Hypothetically we could lose out and still get HFA.

I am not wrong on every level. Do you really think that San Fran is going to lose another game? I sure don't. Not against such powerhouses as Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Arizona. In fact as Seahawk fans we need to take it as a given that the Niners will win out.

I'm simply pointing out you are making a lot of assumptions.

TB is 4-1 the past 5 games, with wins over DET/MIA (2 teams currently in the playoffs)
ARZ is 6-1 at home, with wins over DET/CAR/IND

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the 9ers blow 1/3 games.

That being said in no way am I advocating we lose out (obviously), Im simply stating facts.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3ffwt08v said:
Is it? Really?
We lost a hell of a cushion today, the Seahawks can't afford to think about coasting from here on out.
If we were to lose to the VaGiants, that would make our last two games 'Must Wins', and not let the competition define where we wind up in the play-offs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So if we stop Gore and win 17-16 we are walking into NY and curb stomping them...

Lose away at one if the toughest places to play, to a divisional rival and super bowl runner up and suddenly we've lost confidence in an 11-2 team..

Only this board

Blitzer88

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3npz5mzh said:
hawkfannj":3npz5mzh said:
Is it? Really?
We lost a hell of a cushion today, the Seahawks can't afford to think about coasting from here on out.
If we were to lose to the VaGiants, that would make our last two games 'Must Wins', and not let the competition define where we wind up in the play-offs.

Agree 100% with this as well. The Hawks need to have the mindset that we need to win-out from here on out.

sutz

Reaction score
I say we go 1-0 this week.

(Oh BTW, IIRC we are 3-1 at 10:00am this season)

;)

davidonmi

Reaction score
the giants would scare me if they still had a shot, they're done. NY is just not a good team.
We hae no business losing to them.
As for the question it's a must win. Cannot bank of winning 2 division games, albeit at home

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Zeus-Releases-The-Kraken-6-4-10-kc.jpg

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":101zv8h0 said:
We would have to be "really flat" to lose to the Giants. BTW...Las Vegas has us a 7 point favorite.
Uncle Si":101zv8h0 said:
So if we stop Gore and win 17-16 we are walking into NY and curb stomping them...

Lose away at one if the toughest places to play, to a divisional rival and super bowl runner up and suddenly we've lost confidence in an 11-2 team..

Only this board

Having Wright and especially Unger out will help the Giants as well as the rest of our opponents. Nothing is guaranteed.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't think the Niners are going to be 12-4.

TB isn't an easy win in TB. Falcons game at home should be a W, but the last game against Arizona? Not a gimme, especially if it's for a playoff spot.

The Niners are a good team, they still haven't showed they are great. Gore isn't what he used to be and Kaepernick just isn't special.

To me, every game is a 'must win', this is the NFL, you only play 16 of them in the regular season. Practicing losing is never good.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
10 am start on the east coast.

This game is no gimme. This makes the NFL season so much better than other sports. Each game matters right down to the end.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":qa704bxj said:
All games are must wins for this team.

that's funny you say that. There is a thread by a new moderator with GIFs expressing "oh well" that we lost.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
falcongoggles":pv05yapq said:
Sarlacc83":pv05yapq said:
All games are must wins for this team.

that's funny you say that. There is a thread by a new moderator with GIFs expressing "oh well" that we lost.

Everyone handles things differently. Some use humor, some just cry.

RiverDog

Reaction score
In that we need to win two of the next three games, it is a must win. But standing alone, it is not a must win.

Actually it's not a bad way to end the road season as it familiarizes us with the surroundings.

Ninerg

Reaction score
Polaris":1bxntnli said:
AbsolutNET":1bxntnli said:

True. If I were a Niner fan, I'd be glad to still be in the division race and rooting for the 'hawks to lose, but I'd realistically expect the Hawks to win out based on exactly the same logic (from Niner eyes), that I've said about the Niner schedule.

What burns my cookies a little bit is because of today, we HAVE to go full bore against Arizona, and that will help the Niners reach the playoffs.

Yep, we're going to be pulling for Seattle to beat Arizona because they are right on the Niners heels for the six seed.

Latest posts