Geno Smith needs to play like Russell Wilson

Mizak

Reaction score
Against the 49ers. We all know Wilson’s record against 49ers 17-4. Geno should play like Wilson and start scrambling more, throw deep balls more to keep 9er defense on their toes like how Wilson used to do to them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good defenses are definitely scheming Geno's accurate quick short route tree with press coverage and underneath zones taking away most of the successful TE check downs and out patterns. (as we saw yesterday)

So yes, I agree with the more shots downfield. But that requires protection, something our O-line hasn't been very good at the past 5-6 games.

Not the best matchup against the best front 7 in the entire league for this sort of gameplan.

Jville

Reaction score

Against the 49ers. We all know Wilson’s record against 49ers 17-4. Geno should play like Wilson and start scrambling more, throw deep balls more to keep 9er defense on their toes like how Wilson used to do to them.

To thy own self be true.

That rings true for Geno, Russell, you and me.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that but they definitely need to take some more deep shots. Teams are sitting on routes and throwing of Geno rhythm and timing.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They need to run the ball. It's honestly that simple. This O line needs to dig deep and get a push, not get pushed back into K9's lap.

If they can break of some runs, then they can play action bootleg Geno out the pocket and take some shots.

But they have to run the ball.

Heck, try some more of that wildcat with Dallas

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think theirs 4 issues with the niners..
Deeboo.. we can't stop him
TE We can't stop him
McCaffery We Can't stop him
DL We can't stop them

Truth of it is, the way we beat them before was clock managment, we got into long time consuming drives that kept their offense off the field.s

Jerhawk

Reaction score
No Deebo.

Mccaffrey will be a handful
Kittle is always a handful
Best front 7 in the league by far

It'll be a tall order.

Go Geno

chris98251

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how their shiny no name QB handles the playoffs with less Protection and flags typically, not getting gimme fouls tends to frustrate fresh QB's and they start pressing.

They were letting guys pretty much play yesterday, lot of uncalled stuff and much fewer ticky tack stuff called from what I saw.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just hoping I see a lot of "The Hawks have NO CHANCE" stuff from the media and/or fans. They absolutely DO have a chance.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm just hoping I see a lot of "The Hawks have NO CHANCE" stuff from the media and/or fans. They absolutely DO have a chance.
People all over Facebook are trashing us. People claiming we got lucky yesterday with penalties etc

It's giving me 2010 vibes all over again man. The Saints fans at my community college were giving me grief until that following Monday, when they all stayed home. Probably doing drugs and selling illegal CDs

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Irony of ANYONE saying that the Rams EVER got jobbed by the refs.........
The classics never die. Seahawks win a game: People make excuses for why they won. Including some Hawks FANS.
Winning sucks!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how their shiny no name QB handles the playoffs with less Protection and flags typically, not getting gimme fouls tends to frustrate fresh QB's and they start pressing.

They were letting guys pretty much play yesterday, lot of uncalled stuff and much fewer ticky tack stuff called from what I saw.

I won't lie, Purdy's been impressive.

Hard not to be when all you're doing is checking it down to Kittle and McCaffrey and watching them run for 30 yards.

If I'm Pete and Hurtt I'm going for broke. Press coverage, 8-9 in the box and MAKE Purdy throw it over the top. If you get burned, you get burned.

But in no world should Pete allow Purdy to dink and dunk to his skill players and watch Barton, Jackson and Diggs chase them all over the field.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tall task against a loaded team that has won 10 straight, on the road. Just keep it w/in one score in the 4th quarter and they have a legit shot.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad that guy is gone. Something we both have in common I'm sure!
I have a co-worker (39ers Fan) who basically celebrated. He said "finally, the midget is gone and we can beat Seattle"

Solid

Speaking of that, how in the HELL did Santa Clara lose to the Bronco's?

94Smith

Reaction score
If I'm Pete and Hurtt I'm going for broke. Press coverage, 8-9 in the box and MAKE Purdy throw it over the top. If you get burned, you get burned.
Watch the games against the Dolphins and Tampa Bay. They tried that and got burned.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Is Deebo still gonna' be out? I mean, you guys are only 10-0 since McCaffrey joined the team, and magically doesn't get hurt any more.

Latest posts