Geno only needs 150 passing yards to...

chris98251

Reaction score
Interesting situation, the team's once back up QB has had a better season than it's former starter and is in position to pass him and set a new yardage record causing us to all wonder if we hadn't developed a mind set about RW and exactly how good he actually was. To be within 150 yards of Mr. Eliminated after 16 games points out just how good his season has been.
Had to fix it for you !

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I hate the 17th game too. Walker could get to the 1K, but not after 16 games. If he'd started from the beginning of the season he woulda obliterated it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't distinguish records between 14 and 16 game seasons, so 17 wont matter either. Season record is the season record.

and besides that, Russ had the LOB in 2016, a top 3 defense actually getting him the ball back. Geno has whatever this s-show is, letting teams go on long drives.
Russ still put up similar yards without the LOB in 2020. But with more touchdowns. 16 games vs 17 games is still much different and you would admit it if the roles were reversed with Russ.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Interesting situation, the team's once back up QB has had a better season than it's former starter and is in position to pass him and set a new yardage record causing us to all wonder if we hadn't developed a mind set about RW and exactly how good he actually was. To be within 150 yards of Mr. Unlimited after 16 games points out just how good his season has been.
We not finna act like Russell wasn't dead nice when he was a Seahawk. Well, some of y'all are but it's plumb GOOFY. I swear sometimes I wonder what it REALLY is that has y'all acting like this about Russell? It can't be just because he's "corny" and religious. Or the little "joining a whole new team" platitudes/cookie cutter remarks he made after the trade. Shits kinda tired tho.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Come on Pitt, nobody actually thinks they are going to the SB. But there also is nothing wrong with enjoying a win, and a possible playoff birth.

I agree with you Soul, but this thread has nothing to do with either. This thread is to celebrate Geno's awesomeness. Clearly he's so good that a Super Bowl is inevitable.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Russ still put up similar yards without the LOB in 2020. But with more touchdowns. 16 games vs 17 games is still much different and you would admit it if the roles were reversed with Russ.

The season record is the season record, regardless of the # of games. We don't have separate records for 12, 14, 16, or 17 game seasons. Any other information being discussed is just conversation.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We not finna act like Russell wasn't dead nice when he was a Seahawk. Well, some of y'all are but it's plumb GOOFY. I swear sometimes I wonder what it REALLY is that has y'all acting like this about Russell? It can't be just because he's "corny" and religious. Or the little "joining a whole new team" platitudes/cookie cutter remarks he made after the trade. Shits kinda tired tho.
That has sort of been my point for in here and people get fairly upset about it. I get the sentiment in general but the character assassination just comes off as a little goofy at times.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
That has sort of been my point for in here and people get fairly upset about it. I get the sentiment in general but the character assassination just comes off as a little goofy at times.
I tell you, some of the jokers at work be talking about his character/corniness and I be sitting there with a look on my face that makes them change the subject quick! Some of the corniest people I know. AND they don't have 1/1000th of his football accomplishments to fall back on. 🤣

BASF

Reaction score
The sad part of this whole deal is how some simply can not be happy for Geno. They can not help but try to tear him and his accomplishments down while still propping up a man that did not want to play for their team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's had a hell of a season. I'm plenty happy for the guy. That has been the biggest surprise all year imo. If he breaks some records in 17 games instead of 16, big deal, still a hell of a season.
I'm still worried about him getting a huge contract, but that doesn't mean I hate the guy and/or don't think he's been pretty solid, especially mid-season. I would like to see them sign him to a 2 year deal that doesn't break the bank. This team needs to upgrade at several positions, not just in the draft. QB takes up too much $, it does impact what else they can do.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
The sad part of this whole deal is how some simply can not be happy for Geno. They can not help but try to tear him and his accomplishments down while still propping up a man that did not want to play for their team.
I don't really see people tearing him down? I think its super cool that a guy worked his ass off for 10 years and when he finally got his chance he played much better than everyone expected. It's been a blast to watch and I'm as happy as anyone for him. But that doesn't mean we can't question his second half fall off from the first half, if they really want to go back to paying a QB 30+ million after paying the last guy that much instead of a rookie contract for 5 years or if he is the right choice for years moving foward. It doesn't have to be an either or.

I personally think if you have a guy in the draft you love then you save the big contract and you're set up for a decade instead of a couple of years and its much cheaper and I wouldn't pass on an elite prospect for a guy who's had 1 really good year that can even be broken down by two halves. I feel good enough though that if they don't love a QB then sure take an elite defensive player and roll with Geno. I think its a real good problem to have that they find themselves in.