Geno only needs 150 passing yards to...

sutz

Reaction score
Well he is the Hero playing Team ball this year and not Hero Ball, better percentage, yards, less turnovers less sacks I would bet also as well as less 3 and outs.
Definitely fewer 3 and outs. :)

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
...and 17 games...
This is a major contributing reason why I was opposed to the expansion to a 17-game season. It renders all of the past stats and records less meaningful. It already happened to the greats of the 60s and 70s when they went from 14 games to 16 in 1978. Same thing earlier on when they went from 12 games to 14. Enough's enough.

A ten year old kid today would never know that Johnny Unitas is still the greatest Q.B. to ever play the game because the stats now are so skewed. (Both because of the expanded schedule, and also because of pansy rule changes that have made it so much easier on Q.B.s and the passing game.)

Fade

Reaction score
This is a major contributing reason why I was opposed to the expansion to a 17-game season. It renders all of the past stats and records less meaningful. It already happened to the greats of the 60s and 70s when they went from 14 games to 16 in 1978. Same thing earlier on when they went from 12 games to 14. Enough's enough.

A ten year old kid today would never know that Johnny Unitas is still the greatest Q.B. to ever play the game because the stats now are so skewed. (Both because of the expanded schedule, and also because of pansy rule changes that have made it so much easier on Q.B.s and the passing game.)
Yeah, it goes beyond games played when talking QBs.

The rules are so different it is not even comparable.

Marino is the GOAT, pocket QB.

Young is the GOAT, dual threat QB.

chris98251

Reaction score

I remember when there was a AFL and a NFL, when most players had to have a full time off season job to make ends meet, Hadl, Lamonica, Unitas, Dawson, were some of the best of that Era in the AFL, Colts got swiched to AFC after merger.

Imagine :

He was selected by the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers in the ninth round of the 1955 draft but was released before the regular season began. He worked at construction jobs and played for a semiprofessional team in the Pittsburgh area for $6 a game until he was signed by the Baltimore Colts in 1956.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score

The NFL just did it for money.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Pitt, nobody actually thinks they are going to the SB. But there also is nothing wrong with enjoying a win, and a possible playoff birth.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting situation, the team's once back up QB has had a better season than it's former starter and is in position to pass him and set a new yardage record causing us to all wonder if we hadn't developed a mind set about RW and exactly how good he actually was. To be within 150 yards of Mr. Unlimited after 16 games points out just how good his season has been.

Latest posts