Geno is only a gap quarterback

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It felt like we dominated that football game but couldn’t simply score twice inside the 5. Geno left guys wide open. Such a disappointing outcome considering I think Seattle is the better football team than Cincinnati at it really isn’t even close

NoGain

Reaction score
The way Burrow came out in the first quarter or so, I thought we might get blown out. He was surgically dissecting our D. Utterly surprised by how well we contained their offense after the auspicious start. Our D came to the rescue. It was like...come on...do something offense...we've played our part.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This team was in the AFC Championship last year, pretending like the Seahawks are automatically the better team because... honestly, I don't even know where you're getting that idea.

warden

Reaction score
Bengals defense played very well

So did ours.

knownone

Reaction score
Geno's probably a gap QB due to age. But people are overreacting to this performance. Besides that terrible pick in the red zone, he wasn't that bad.

What is concerning is our complete inability to run block consistently. That lack of rushing threat is the difference between 2022 Geno and this season.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Embarrassing to lose to a scrub franchise like Cincy 😂

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It felt like we dominated that football game but couldn’t simply score twice inside the 5. Geno left guys wide open. Such a disappointing outcome considering I think Seattle is the better football team than Cincinnati at it really isn’t even close
4 drives inside the 10, 3 total points.
3 of those drives actually inside the 8, ZERO points.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have no idea how Cincinnati is as underrated as they are. Why do people think they're bad?

A 1-3 start where they scored only 3 TDs in that span. It’s a narrative that lingers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think it's far off to be honest. Geno has been a fantastic story over the past year. But many have called him for what he is. An average QB. I think he is above average personally but I won't argue the point with anyone.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The Bengals only gave up 500 yards or so and 350 through the air but yeah you’re right in an alternate universe
They played well enough to shut us down in the red zone and win a game where the offense only put up 17, so....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't defend Geno with how poorly he played yesterday, but I'm also not a knee jerk reactionist fan. I will need a bigger sample size before jumping off the Geno bandwagon.

If the offense continues to struggle to convert on 3rd down, be a bottom 2-3 red zone offense and Geno continues to struggle seeing open receivers and move the team well into November? Then yes, it's time for plan B next year, or even seeing if Lock can play any better.

But that time is not week 5. It's week 8 or 9.

strohmin

Reaction score
I have no idea how Cincinnati is as underrated as they are. Why do people think they're bad?
Cincinnati played bad on Sunday and still won because of the bone headed decisions by the Seahawks. These kind of dumb decisions are why the hawks never make it far in the playoffs anymore. With the talent we have on this team, they should be much better but they keep underperforming.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
While I think Geno is a better QB, I'm being reminded of how I felt about this team when Tarvaris Jackson was the starter.
It felt like a dumb Russ game seriously..Holding the ball too long,Not seeing open WRs,
forcing throws and getting sacked at critical moments.

Latest posts