Geno Fourth Quarter Comeback Win

BASF

Reaction score
Levis played in ONE game. ONE game. ONE game. ONE game. JFC.

Purdy looked purdy good the first 9 starts. What happened? The more starts, the more film opposing defenses have.

I don't get why folks here are anointing Levis the next chosen one.

Levis played ONE game. Based off that one game, it appears many here think he's a future HOF.

Kinda like those silly Brady comparisons people were making about Purdy. 0-3 since those comparisons started and Purdy's limitations are showing up faster than Geno's right now.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if Geno is considered the better QB by the time Thanksgiving's match-up with SF comes around.

But yeah, just a reminder, Levis has played just ONE game.
Confirmation bias

warden

Reaction score
Say what you want about Geno but when we needed him the most today, he was there. That drive will be a big boost not only for Geno but our whole offense for the rest of the season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Say what you want about Geno but when we needed him the most today, he was there. That drive will be a big boost not only for Geno but our whole offense for the rest of the season.
He got bailed out by the defense big time. They’re the real stars of the day. Even then he threw an extremely risky pass that was close to being picked.

This trend was something that started half a season ago. I’m not seeing strong fundamentals here and that is concerning.

Things worked out this time, and if this was a one time event it would be okay. The issue is, this downward trend has persisted for quite some time.

12forlife

Reaction score
Imagine if we had picked Levis. I know, I know, he's just had the one good game, and I know Spoon is great, but we would [potentially] be set for years at qb1 with a qb on a rookie contract. 4 td's today would have been a blowout. I know a win is a win, Yada yada, but please. What we saw today was not good football. I was embarrassed until that last drive. We can, and we must set our standards higher than that. We're the friggin' Seattle Seahawks!!
Just relax I think John & Pete will have their eye on the QBOTF in this up coming draft. I feel there is better talent coming then Levis.

12forlife

Reaction score
I dont see it? Geno is holding this Offense back, and it's getting worse by the week, the rookie QB's aren't as careless with the ball. Time to see what we got in Lock, before the upcoming draft

knownone

Reaction score
Let's clear something up. The defense gave up nearly 400 total yards to a backup that could barely complete 50% of his passes this season and got torched by screens and manhandled in the running game. They didn't bail anyone out. They were as guilty as anyone for our team's struggles.

Still, this was a great team win. The defense caused a crucial turnover, and the offense overcame adversity against the best defense in the league to not only score three TDs but also to win the game.

Blame whoever you want for supposedly holding this team back. But remember that the Seahawks are 5-2: #1 in the division and #2 in the conference.

keasley45

Reaction score
This was a sloppy game that were it not for some BS calls that extended 3 2nd half drives for Cleveland, would have been lopsided.

Whats been obvious during our 5-2 struggles is that the key to improving lies qithin this team.

Better play, better play calls. Health.

Seems a basic thing to say, but the more we put on tape, the more defenses have to scheme for. The more they have to scheme for, the less predictable we are.

It's coming. It's getting better. Relax.

TwilightError

Reaction score
He threw 2 interceptions and lucked out of one more in the end. Maybe the Browns pass rush scared him a bit since those throws were really bad.

Still Geno did enough and facilitated a two minute drill to win the game in the end. He deserves all the credit for that.

I would have loved to get Levis or Richardson and talked a lot about that pre-draft. Both seemed like cool prospects for a team that does not need a starter right away. But that is water under the bridge. I'd still like to see a rookie behind Geno in 2024. Geno is not bad and I'm not a hater. He just is not a long term difference maker and this team is good enough to start a true championship window. I dont see that window really opening with Geno, but I'd be happy if I was proved wrong!

Wheetie

Reaction score

Purdy looked purdy good the first 9 starts. What happened? The more starts, the more film opposing defenses have.

Levis played ONE game. Based off that one game, it appears many here think he's a future HOF.

Kinda like those silly Brady comparisons people were making about Purdy. 0-3 since those comparisons started and Purdy's limitations are showing up faster than Geno's right now.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if Geno is considered the better QB by the time Thanksgiving's match-up with SF comes around.

I wonder if I can find somewhere how many games Levis has played?

WarHawks

Reaction score

How many 4td games has Geno had?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I dont see it? Geno is holding this Offense back, and it's getting worse by the week, the rookie QB's aren't as careless with the ball. Time to see what we got in Lock, before the upcoming draft
Time to see what we got in Lock? On a 5-2 team? In first place in the NFC West? Sure, if we were looking at 2-5 and bottom of the west. We fans, have seen very little of Drew Lock. The coaches see him in practice everyday. Now is not the time to be experimenting at the QB position. Can we at least wait to see how Geno does with an o line not in constant flux?

themunn

Reaction score
Let's clear something up. The defense gave up nearly 400 total yards to a backup that could barely complete 50% of his passes this season and got torched by screens and manhandled in the running game. They didn't bail anyone out. They were as guilty as anyone for our team's struggles.

Still, this was a great team win. The defense caused a crucial turnover, and the offense overcame adversity against the best defense in the league to not only score three TDs but also to win the game.

Blame whoever you want for supposedly holding this team back. But remember that the Seahawks are 5-2: #1 in the division and #2 in the conference.

you make it sounds like the qb had 400 yards when he didn't break 250.

There is definitely some talent there too - on that first TD drive he was cool and collected - the dump off for the screen with pressure in the face that ended up going some 40+ yards and then the TD pass Jordan Brooks had a free run at him and he stepped back and dropped the pass into the TEs hands for a TD. Same with the 2nd TD drive where he got that pretty ridiculous roughing call - he dropped a dime with only a split second before he got hit that took it down to the 2. Browns running game is nothing to sneeze at either