Fun Game. 49's played great. Still loving this year's Hawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That RUN by Chris Carson rivals anything that Marshawn Lynch ever did. That was absolutely amazing!

And it doesn't really bother me that we lost. Nick Mullens, holy shit! Where did this guy come from?! And that SF Defensive Line is nothing to sneeze at. All those early 1st round picks are showing up! DeForest Buckner was a play wrecker! As was Solomon Thomas! Damn!

I don't care that the 49ers have all of those injuries, that is still a good team. It;s next man up, and they've been doing it. Injuries make it harder, that's for sure, but they don't make it impossible.

Look at the year the Green Bay Packers won their last Superbowl. They were decimated with injuries. It was ridiculous! And they beat the Stealers.

But yea, this is a good wake up call for this team, don't get too full of yourself. Get yer shit together, and put in the work.

The only thing that bothers me is the way it went down. Referees have way too much power and influence over how a game comes out. They can do whatever they want, and the NFL just says "You're right, those were bad calls, sorry you lost."

Time to kick KC's ass!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Say what you want, but this team is so much more watchable this year.

We don't just bleed the clock starting in the 1st quarter while heaving bombs everywhere (caught or not).

We play good offense, decent defense and the run game actually not only exists, but might be the best in the league.

We are scoring more than a TD a game.

Just the above makes this a successful season considering circumstances.

Last year, I purposely avoided watching the first half. This year, I am back to watching the whole game or arriving at the stadium early enough to watch all 4 quarters, if not the raising of the 12th man flag. Last year, I was showing up at halftime sometimes.

This year's team is so much more enjoyable vs some of the past few.

acer1240

Reaction score
I agree with jachba. I think we have the exact type of team that will give the Chiefs fits. We may not win, but they'll sure as hell be feeling the battle scars after the game

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
ivotuk":1toirght said:
That RUN by Chris Carson rivals anything that Marshawn Lynch ever did. That was absolutely amazing!

And it doesn't really bother me that we lost. Nick Mullens, holy shit! Where did this guy come from?! And that SF Defensive Line is nothing to sneeze at. All those early 1st round picks are showing up! DeForest Buckner was a play wrecker! As was Solomon Thomas! Damn!

I don't care that the 49ers have all of those injuries, that is still a good team. It;s next man up, and they've been doing it. Injuries make it harder, that's for sure, but they don't make it impossible.

Look at the year the Green Bay Packers won their last Superbowl. They were decimated with injuries. It was ridiculous! And they beat the Stealers.

But yea, this is a good wake up call for this team, don't get too full of yourself. Get yer shit together, and put in the work.

The only thing that bothers me is the way it went down. Referees have way too much power and influence over how a game comes out. They can do whatever they want, and the NFL just says "You're right, those were bad calls, sorry you lost."

Time to kick KC's ass!

Well said. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":22befllg said:
Say what you want, but this team is so much more watchable this year.

We don't just bleed the clock starting in the 1st quarter while heaving bombs everywhere (caught or not).

We play good offense, decent defense and the run game actually not only exists, but might be the best in the league.

We are scoring more than a TD a game.

Just the above makes this a successful season considering circumstances.

Last year, I purposely avoided watching the first half. This year, I am back to watching the whole game or arriving at the stadium early enough to watch all 4 quarters, if not the raising of the 12th man flag. Last year, I was showing up at halftime sometimes.

This year's team is so much more enjoyable vs some of the past few.

Totally agree. Most enjoyable season in quite some time and Schotty has a whole lot to do with that as Pete himself said to the media last week.

We are far from perfect, far from dominant, but by God we are entertaining again.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
acer1240":3osp2hio said:
I agree with jachba. I think we have the exact type of team that will give the Chiefs fits. We may not win, but they'll sure as hell be feeling the battle scars after the game

Indeed. As flawed as we still are the Seahawks are a very dangerous team that have moments of greatness/domination.

No way KC is looking past us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":266yjhut said:
From what I saw, SEA was tired from the short week and assumed they could clean up at Santa Clara. GOD, SEA was slipping all over the place with their shoes due to rain...I'm sorry but that is something SEA is used to more than Santa Clara.
I see what you are trying to say but Seattle doesn’t play on shitty natural grass and muddy fields up here.
It’s on the players to have the proper cleats on though.....

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4t6uhrci said:
SantaClaraHawk":4t6uhrci said:
From what I saw, SEA was tired from the short week and assumed they could clean up at Santa Clara. GOD, SEA was slipping all over the place with their shoes due to rain...I'm sorry but that is something SEA is used to more than Santa Clara.
I see what you are trying to say but Seattle doesn’t play on shitty natural grass and muddy fields up here.
It’s on the players to have the proper cleats on though.....

Yeah, not a fan of (most) natural grass. The artificial stuff is made to such high standards today I don't see the need for it and it would literally level the playing field throughout the league if the NFL mandated a standard turf for all stadiums.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Slick":zaq4lvkv said:
I think this game highlights the need for depth too. Next year we need to strengthen our bench further.

Well, to be fair, every team fights to improve depth. There is only so much talent to go around...

aawolf

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ie43uo2 said:

Time to kick KC's ass!

Let me chime in to say that this is the 3rd time I've watched the 49ers this year with Mullens under center, and every time I've seen him, I've come away thinking he should be a starting QB in the NFL. His poise and preparation are impressive for someone 3rd string off the bench. I know Jimmy G looked legit last year, but Nick Mullens should be giving him some competition next year.

Yeah, we shit the bed with those holding calls putting us back to 3rd and forever late in the game and in OT, but with how the 49ers played, I thought we played a good game. I didn't see this as a stinker performance by either team, which is more than I could say for that Minnesota game.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
aawolf":16yugidl said:
ivotuk":16yugidl said:

Time to kick KC's ass!

Let me chime in to say that this is the 3rd time I've watched the 49ers this year with Mullens under center, and every time I've seen him, I've come away thinking he should be a starting QB in the NFL. His poise and preparation are impressive for someone 3rd string off the bench. I know Jimmy G looked legit last year, but Nick Mullens should be giving him some competition next year.

Yeah, we shit the bed with those holding calls putting us back to 3rd and forever late in the game and in OT, but with how the 49ers played, I thought we played a good game. I didn't see this as a stinker performance by either team, which is more than I could say for that Minnesota game.

Totally agree. It was a tough loss but a very entertaining one against a team that was digging deep to beat us as well as a team that is far better than its record would indicate...

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":339xk877 said:

Might be right about the tired part but more likely caught off guard by the 49's tenacity out there. They came to play.

Props to them.