Congratulations to Dallas - they played a great game

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
mort":2262v6mr said:
It really was a fun season, but good lord we were stubborn with the run tonight...

Looking forward to a promising 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was.

Dallas was the better team with a home crowd advantage.

We played flat but were still in it for much of the game.

Not our best night but frankly it was gratifying just to be in the playoffs this season.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm a Gators fan and am convinced they have a better offense than Seattle. Dan Mullen coached Prescott and was at the game tonight. In that sense I'm happy for Dallas.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Not surprised this degenerate is congratulating the other team.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seattle was FLAT.
Everywhere.
How the hell do you not get yourself up for a playoff game?
Nobody looked inspired.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Dallas showed us what we need to do to compete.

DL and OL

get a better one.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
knownone":23qljazs said:
Dallas did just enough to win. They did not play a great game. We just flat out laid an egg.

They ran the ball efficiently and shut down the #1 rush offense in the NFL

That is a great game

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawker8989":32hl3q1z said:
We will be kicking ourselves after Dallas gets anihalated next week. That is not a great team whatsoever.

They've already beat the Saints, they won't get annihilated, their defense is legit

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawker8989":wk8mj5pw said:
We will be kicking ourselves after Dallas gets anihalated next week. That is not a great team whatsoever.
Yep. Hawks crapped the bed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3hbuihti said:
Hawker8989":3hbuihti said:

They've already beat the Saints, they won't get annihilated, their defense is legit

That’s what you call a fluke.....

They beat the Saints in their joint by 3 and needed some severe officiating help to win that game.
The Saints playcalling that day was just as bad as Seattle’s was today, they won’t make that mistake twice.

Saints will put up a 40 burger on that offense next week in NO, the Dallas D is not that good, that secondary will get lit up all game like Seattle did to it in the forth quarter.

The medium to long passing plays were there all day long if Seattle wanted them.
Seattle could have put 40 on them TODAY air they didn’t waste 3 quarters trying to establish the run.

Jerruh’s kids are one and done, their season ends next week whether it’s in NO or LA.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1cjq8vmx said:
Hawker8989":1cjq8vmx said:

They are not a good team on the road, however. I would like the Bears next week for revenge, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys in LA next week....Except for their obnoxious fans.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dallas was very much a Mirror of us, when you have two teams young but talented it can look ugly but you can also attribute it to playing hard and making mistakes that they will learn from. Griffin a good example of cheating inside to help with the run and them going to his area of responsibility.

Richard knows our defense well and where to attack it as well as Pete's typical offensive strategy, credit them. we got beat by a team that had some extra incentive as well, they lost a player to a ugly injury and seemed to step it up another notch.

Pity we lost but not ashamed of our effort, I know with a few pieces, a big run stuffer inside, a Safety and another Big WR, yeah I know we been looking for one for 8 years will help a lot.

People bitching about the line tonight need to understand they were overloading us almost every play with Run blitzing of two LB's a lot, Sweezy was playing with a broken foot I heard after the game so you know he couldn't plant and block like he wanted, not sure Fluker was a 100 percent either he was rarely able to get push and go to the second level.

Sometimes you have to say good game you got us tonight, the Cowboys did, but they never quit and played hard till the end, that's heart and what makes a winner, just maybe not this season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dallas was the better team. Not by a long shot, but just enough to win, so kudos to them. ((Shrugs shoulders))

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":ke0nqlac said:
Dallas was very much a Mirror of us, when you have two teams young but talented it can look ugly but you can also attribute it to playing hard and making mistakes that they will learn from. Griffin a good example of cheating inside to help with the run and them going to his area of responsibility.

Richard knows our defense well and where to attack it as well as Pete's typical offensive strategy, credit them. we got beat by a team that had some extra incentive as well, they lost a player to a ugly injury and seemed to step it up another notch.

Pity we lost but not ashamed of our effort, I know with a few pieces, a big run stuffer inside, a Safety and another Big WR, yeah I know we been looking for one for 8 years will help a lot.

People bitching about the line tonight need to understand they were overloading us almost every play with Run blitzing of two LB's a lot, Sweezy was playing with a broken foot I heard after the game so you know he couldn't plant and block like he wanted, not sure Fluker was a 100 percent either he was rarely able to get push and go to the second level.

Sometimes you have to say good game you got us tonight, the Cowboys did, but they never quit and played hard till the end, that's heart and what makes a winner, just maybe not this season.

This ^^^ right here makes the lack of adjustments or too late to adjust even more frustrating. In a way, I think the D kept this game in just the right (or wrong) spot to keep Pete from turning the O loose. If we get down 2 scores earlier, I think they cut it loose. It just so happened we kept it close enough for Pete to hold to his overly conservative O until the last 2 minutes. S

Even as bad as the Hawks played, they still win that game I think if they don't make those mental errors down the stretch.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Congrats to Dallas, they were better on the day, and seemed to want it more.Try as they did Dallas had an answer to the run game and they were able to convert numerous 3rd down situations. Their O was superior to our D which played reasonably well but failed to get the support it needed from the O.

I truly hated that huge PI call on KJ, but with Coleman you know there are going to be terrible flags thrown.

It was an interesting season and to lose by 2 despite the offensive struggles while disappointing was not embarrassing.

I like the base the team has in place for next year and am encouraged to believe the team will be competitive next season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
semiahmoo":14vqi6y2 said:
Atradees":14vqi6y2 said:
semiahmoo":14vqi6y2 said:
Atradees":14vqi6y2 said:
we were out-coached and outplayed. Our offense and defense were beaten soundly. I dont want to here one guy complain about officiating.

Amen.

Dallas appeared far more prepared.

We really did kind of suck tonight. But for a few moments, even when it was close, our offense was zombie-like out there.

Odd.

Well, perhaps its only the difference between road and home. We do need a more diverse offense.

Totally agree. Assuming that's a "work in progress."

Dallas was the better team - but Dallas is not a great team.

That makes us a good team that many thought would be a crappy team.

So, I'm thankful for a very entertaining season and some playoff excitement.

Bring on the off-season.
Hogwash! *allas wasn’t the better team. Seattle’s coaching staff failed big time.

It shouldn’t take you 3.5 quarters to make adjustments. Jerruh’s kids are going to get waxed next week when NO or LA take advantage of little D’s glaring weaknesses. That team is a product of playing in a weak division. I hope this one playoff win is enough for them to severely overpay their mediocre at best QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":wqq8k08i said:
Dallas was the better team. Not by a long shot, but just enough to win, so kudos to them. ((Shrugs shoulders))
I know you are trying to put a positive spin on this craptastic game and all, but Dallas is not the better team.
Hawks got out coached plain and simple, that’s where the game was lost.

justafan

Reaction score
The Dallas Oline was better than our Dline. Their D was better than our Oline and Zeke is a better RB than Carson.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":tohimgk0 said:

Winning post right here.

I agree that Richard and their coaches did a great job planning for us and we didn't make the right adjustments.

They appeared determined to shut Carson down and succeeded.

We could've better utilized the other side of our bi-polar offense with more deep passes by Russ to Locket, Baldwin, and company, but woulda, coulda, shoulda......we'll have the off season to debate.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2lh0g6yt said:
knownone":2lh0g6yt said:
Dallas did just enough to win. They did not play a great game. We just flat out laid an egg.

They ran the ball efficiently and shut down the #1 rush offense in the NFL

That is a great game

Yes, they played well and we played, as others have said, flat.

Still managed to be in it for most the game so there's that.

Overall, an unexpectedly enjoyable season yet rather predictable early exit in the playoffs. We were not a Super Bowl caliber team. No way no how.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":298qti8e said:

Great post.

Latest posts