Congratulations to Dallas - they played a great game

semiahmoo

Reaction score
An unexpectedly fun and exciting season has ended.

Not terribly surprising to those who know football and know how remarkably well the Seahawks did this season given all of the internal chaos going into the season.

For much of 2018 we played beyond our means and it sure was fun to watch.

Tonight reality came calling and we came up short.

Dallas is a solid team with a lot of momentum and a few very talented players.

Now we see what happens regarding ownership and all the other questions out there.

Going to be another very interesting off-season for us.

GO HAWKS!!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
And yes, I'm posting the congrats early hoping to jinx Dallas. Hah ! :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Reality was poor offensive game planning

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think Dak wanted this game. Honestly to validate himself, and I don't mean that backhanded. He played a great game.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
semiahmoo":222lor5o said:
An unexpectedly fun and exciting season has ended.

Not terribly surprising to those who know football and know how remarkably well the Seahawks did this season given all of the internal chaos going into the season.

For much of 2018 we played beyond our means and it sure was fun to watch.

Tonight reality came calling and we came up short.

Dallas is a solid team with a lot of momentum and a few very talented players.

Now we see what happens regarding ownership and all the other questions out there.

Going to be another very interesting off-season for us.

GO HAWKS!!

Dallas beat us. They outplayed us. And they definitely outcoached us tonight.

That might be the most glaring thing.

Our coaching felt terribly flat on both sides of the ball.

What's up with that Pete?

Atradees

Reaction score
we were out-coached and outplayed. Our offense and defense were beaten soundly. I dont want to here one guy complain about officiating.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":175tghgm said:
I think Dak wanted this game. Honestly to validate himself, and I don't mean that backhanded. He played a great game.

Well said. I don't get so-called Seahawk "fans" who can't appreciate great football.

Dak played great.

Russ seemed off. Not sure if it was O-Line issues/Dallas D that shut down the run game/pathetic overall gameplan or what but he just didn't look confident out there. Had some nice moments but overall, yeah, Dak played far better.

Ah well.

That's football.

253hawk

Reaction score
How many times can you run right into the line for virtually nothing and think "Hey, this is a great gameplan!" RW has been burning it up all year with passing stats and then just...I don't even...wtf was that playcalling?

knownone

Reaction score
Dallas did just enough to win. They did not play a great game. We just flat out laid an egg.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
253hawk":3ri6xr1b said:
How many times can you run right into the line for virtually nothing and think "Hey, this is a great gameplan!" RW has been burning it up all year with passing stats and then just...I don't even...wtf was that playcalling?

Well tbh, you could expect our guys to block someone. I mean they have all year. There wasn't really a reason to expect us to need a new gameplan at half time and certainly half time isn't the spot to conjure a brand new gameplan. It's probably better to just expect your guys to make their blocks.

In the end, it's the line play that killed us. They could run and we couldn't and I believe that was what I said would determine the game. Whichever front seven controlled the LOS. They won that battle. End of story.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
We will be kicking ourselves after Dallas gets anihalated next week. That is not a great team whatsoever.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Atradees":1tsvx0eb said:
we were out-coached and outplayed. Our offense and defense were beaten soundly. I dont want to here one guy complain about officiating.

Amen.

Dallas appeared far more prepared.

We really did kind of suck tonight. But for a few moments, even when it was close, our offense was zombie-like out there.

Odd.

Atradees

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1iep75h3 said:
Atradees":1iep75h3 said:

Amen.

We really did kind of suck tonight. But for a few moments, even when it was close, our offense was zombie-like out there.

Odd.

Well, perhaps its only the difference between road and home. We do need a more diverse offense.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Atradees":18kpxg30 said:
semiahmoo":18kpxg30 said:
Atradees":18kpxg30 said:

Amen.

Odd.

Well, perhaps its only the difference between road and home. We do need a more diverse offense.

Totally agree. Assuming that's a "work in progress."

Dallas was the better team - but Dallas is not a great team.

That makes us a good team that many thought would be a crappy team.

So, I'm thankful for a very entertaining season and some playoff excitement.

Bring on the off-season.

camdawg

Reaction score
semiahmoo":17y2nhli said:
CHawkTailGator":17y2nhli said:

Well said. I don't get so-called Seahawk "fans" who can't appreciate great football.

Dak played great.

Russ seemed off. Not sure if it was O-Line issues/Dallas D that shut down the run game/pathetic overall gameplan or what but he just didn't look confident out there. Had some nice moments but overall, yeah, Dak played far better.

Ah well.

That's football.

Uh, Russ really wasn't off. What game were you watching? Think of the touch it took to make passes like the 4th down pass to Doug. Dak only made one throw that nice all game.

I can't blame Russ at all for this one. He wasn't even given a chance to play. I'm not sure what pisses me off more. The Chuck Knox style gameplan of run on 1st and 2nd down all game long, or calling 5 yard plays on 2nd and 3rd down when we need 20 yards to get a fresh set of downs.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
The teams that they are gonna play are offensive juggernauts they will be at home like us next week

mort

Reaction score
It really was a fun season, but good lord we were stubborn with the run tonight...

Looking forward to a promising 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
They one a close game at home with some help from the refs in the 4rth quarter . Reality.

mikeak

Reaction score
Funny my feeling is we sucked tonight and was still in it to the last Dallas drive ie they are a crappy team....