Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Fade":2xg0xuxf said:
Pete Carroll has the ammunition to rebuild his defense.

#21 Rashan Gary (Frank Clark esque)
#29 Darnell Savage (ET replacement) (May trade down a little bit and still get their guy.)
#92 Chase Winovich (Clay Matthews esque)

Bobby Wagner
Jarran Reed
Poona Ford
Rasheem Green
Jacob Martin
Trey Flowers

Need Shaq Griffin to bounce back at Corner.

Overall that would be a pretty good, young defensive core. With only Wagner & Reed making big money.

Vet rentals/short term

KJ Wright
Kendricks
Sign a vet DE like Nick Perry to be a stop gap.

That’d would be a dream come true if Gary feel to us at 21. Do mocks have him slipping that far? I see him more as a Michael Bennett clone. Doesn’t he play some 3T too?

D

DomeHawk

BlueThunder":tnf7mz1b said:
In case you wanna see the other side of this. It's mixed. Seems most are NOT pleased. If I was a Chiefs fan, I may agree.

Chiefs Planet

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php

Chiefs Crowd

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/forum.php

Arrowhead Pride

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/fanposts

It's very simple, the Chiefs almost made it to the Super Bowl last year. They have a window where their QB is making rookie money.

Given that there are very few of these windows available in a franchise's generational life span, I think it's the smart move.

It's called "going-all-in."

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1kljf5d3 said:
sdog1981":1kljf5d3 said:
This could a Rick Mirer trade where both teams benefit.

Are you being sarcastic because on what planet was the Rick Mirer trade good for the Bears?

On the planet where my best friend at the time was a Bears fan so he got to enjoy me making fun of him for it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Great trade by Seattle.

Secured a first round and next years second round.

Clark was gonna get paid, either this year or next year by some team.

Seattle got a ton back for him and did not need to pay him 20+ million.

Those two picks need to be difference makers for the Seahawks and whoever the Seahawks sign by money saved not paying Clark the 17 mill franchise tag price.

Seattle absolutely needs to hit on the two picks immediately to make a run this year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
lukerguy":3dirsnn5 said:
I had a friend who said, "I might rather have nothing than pay Frank $105MM over 5 years".

I think that makes him the 3rd highest paid defender in the league.. wow.

1st and 2nd..Amazing return in a deep front 7 draft. Great work JS.

This is pretty close to where I am. I would not have wanted the Hawks to pay him $21 mil a year. So getting anything back in return is a good deal, and saves the headache of the holdout-only-to-sign-when-the-season-starts-drama.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":27jqiuvp said:
Seanhawk":27jqiuvp said:
sdog1981":27jqiuvp said:
This could a Rick Mirer trade where both teams benefit.

Are you being sarcastic because on what planet was the Rick Mirer trade good for the Bears?

On the planet where my best friend at the time was a Bears fan so he got to enjoy me making fun of him for it.

Ha, I think I had the same friend.

sutz

Reaction score
Hidden in the weeds on this is the new CBA coming up soon. They probably won't play around with the cap much, but it's probably a good idea to not have a ton of huge contracts hanging over the team if things go weird on that.

Besides, he's out of the conference. We'll only see him every 4 years. Well unless we see him in one of the next couple of SB's. ;)

JerHawk81

Reaction score
lukerguy":2y68lt6e said:
I had a friend who said, "I might rather have nothing than pay Frank $105MM over 5 years".

Bingo. If that was Clark's market value, I'm not sure we had it to give (and frankly - I'm not sure he's worth 105/5). I really liked the guy as a player and he will be missed, but this was a best case long-term scenario for the team.

TreeRon

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":325mx6i6 said:
SoulfishHawk":325mx6i6 said:
I'm surprised people are not somehow blaming Russ for this :lol:

People are though, I have some co-workers who have directly blamed losing Clark on RW.

Whatcha goin do? :34853_doh:

To add, this is obviously a win win Clark and the Seahawks. I think the Chiefs overpaid, but I get it, they have the resources atm and need to win now, before they pay Mahomes $$$$

If people need to blame someone they can blame Bobby and Jaron's future contracts or anyone else that gets paid.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
Fade":bh9dwnz9 said:
if rashan gary is gone who would you pick?

#29 Darnell Savage (ET replacement) (May trade down a little bit and still get their guy.)

Bobby Wagner
Jarran Reed
Poona Ford
Rasheem Green
Jacob Martin
Trey Flowers

Overall that would be a pretty good, young defensive core. With only Wagner & Reed making big money.

Vet rentals/short term

KJ Wright
Kendricks

LTH

Reaction score
Great deal! Any bets on how many times the Hawks trade down on those two picks? This is going to be interesting... I can see JS licking his chops! wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of diamonds in non drafted FA's

the draft just got REALLY interesting

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Now all we have to do is trade Wagner who is too Old and Reed who is a bust because he is injured for a whole bunch of 5 thru 7 picks and all the Chicken Littles can let the Salary Cap trouble go by the wayside, we're going to suck anyway and have no defense and can't pay for anyone on offense because of Wilson anyway, But we can have fun every Draft day like the Mariners.

In reality this is the first trade in Memory where I think we broke even or made out going back to the Josh Wilson trade when they first took over.

Appears Frank was lighting fires on bridges based on his comments after signing.

James in PA

Reaction score
BlueThunder":r6ewcmzg said:
In case you wanna see the other side of this. It's mixed. Seems most are NOT pleased. If I was a Chiefs fan, I may agree.

Chiefs Planet

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php

Chiefs Crowd

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/forum.php

Arrowhead Pride

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/fanposts

Yikes. I only made it a few comments in when I came across this one:

“A 1st and a 2nd is way too much. :cuss:

This piece of (edit) had better be a perennial All Pro DE without any off-the-field issues while in KC.”

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hotchy":3i5wvsre said:
Seymour, you are missing my point...
Wagner will be 29 this summer. Why would you want to pay a huge cap portion to a single player, not named Wilson ? Wagner got his 2nd contract. You need to take your heart out of it, and sell high. No player, other than a QB should get a 3rd contract. There's more Wagners and Clarks in college right now. You just gotta find them.
Wags will be looking to break the bank next year, and no way they get their return

I don't like this argument at all.

You don't trade away an Ed Reed, or Ray Lewis, or Reggie White, or Ronnie Lott. These are rare, once in a lifetime players that are elite even when they age

If Earl Thomas could have stayed healthy, I would have begged for us to keep him. Even as he ages, He's smart and savvy enough to play at a high level. No safety in recent memory knows their angles like Earl.

Bobby, even as he ages is an amazing leader and has an amazing defensive mind. You don't give that up, you retire his jersey and put it in the rafters. Even the Patriots have never given up ultra elite players like Bobby. There's more than one way to win in this league

James in PA

Reaction score
Welp, I’ll be tuning into the first night of the draft after all. We know the Hawks are gonna trade down, but might they actually select a player in round 1 with one of those picks??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
If they have a trade partner I could see them moving both for 2nds and 3rds or even 4ths, that's where John and Pete like to operate and where value and dollars translate to longer and cheaper contracts also after they prove themselves keeping the roster fluid. It's also the meat of this draft after the top 15 are gone so to speak.

Elemas

Reaction score
Frank is an incredible player and got what he deserved. KC needed some defensive help and as we all know, they're in the "bubble" now and have tilted the odds a bit in what will likely be an AFC rematch.

With that said...he definitely didn't deserve that type of cash from Seattle. I'll take that trade all day...short and long term.

I love him as a player but, just like Earl, happy that they got paid...just not in Seattle.

toffee

Reaction score
lukerguy":3pah1s40 said:

That's what we should have gotten for Earl, if not more. Earl singlehandedly ruined his own trade value, and indirectly affected us negatively.

niveky

Reaction score
Fade":2mr5us1z said:

Bobby Wagner
Jarran Reed
Poona Ford
Rasheem Green
Jacob Martin
Trey Flowers

Vet rentals/short term

KJ Wright
Kendricks

I feel like Shaq's growth was stunted by the switch to left side. He played really well on the right side when he first got here if I am not mistaken. It seems like maybe now, unless the lights come on at LCB after having last season under his belt, they need to stick him back at RCB and see what they have to have someone else man the LCB spot. I mean, I feel like with Shaq's play on that side they gotta have someone or will by the time camp hits that would be more natural in the spot or show the potential to man the spot.

Latest posts