Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":y73nytdd said:
I'm surprised people are not somehow blaming Russ for this :lol:

Well he quit for one.....so there is that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :irishdrinkers:

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":ivn27soj said:
So you are more afraid of Goff than Gurley? :141847_bnono:

Goff put up over 300 yards on us both times we played them last season. We are likely going to need to be better against both Goff and Gurley if we want to beat the Rams.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ua2wxkd said:
I'm surprised people are not somehow blaming Russ for this :lol:

People are though, I have some co-workers who have directly blamed losing Clark on RW.

Whatcha goin do? :34853_doh:

To add, this is obviously a win win Clark and the Seahawks. I think the Chiefs overpaid, but I get it, they have the resources atm and need to win now, before they pay Mahomes $$$$

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":3q0mxzv4 said:
Seymour":3q0mxzv4 said:

Goff put up over 300 yards on us both times we played them last season. We are likely going to need to be better against both Goff and Gurley if we want to beat the Rams.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agree....but point being Gurley can crush our spirit also.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Awesome deal. Even if they hadn't signed RW to that contract, Clark isn't anywhere near worth that deal so you can't logically blame RW for that. Good for Clark, but this is an outstanding move.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3oxrgrf9 said:
This sends a message to the rest of the team....loud and clear. Mr. Clark had a case of a swollen head. John will be reasonable in reimbursing each player. However, when the player gets a "big head" about their value ….no one is not expendable…..except the QB. Personally, Frank's asking price was "over the top".

That is a weird take. It seems like Frank and his agent knew what his value was and they ultimately got it. He didn't hold out, he didn't dog it on the field, didn't demand a trade. They read the market correctly, and a contender was willing to pay Frank what the Seahawks were not (which was their prerogative, and probably a prudent decision) . Well played by the Seahawks and Frank. Best outcome for both.

Fade

Reaction score
Pretty crazy. KC let Dee Ford walk for a 2nd, then turn around, and break the bank for Clark, giving up a 2nd and 1st?

Seattle got market value in a trade, which is even more impressive considering the D-Line is loaded in this draft.

Seattle has 12 picks in next years draft, they could very well move a couple to add to this draft, and still have 10 picks next year.

I give this trade an A+ if they can sign a veteran edge rusher in May, or June. And can draft the edge rusher they are clearly targeting in this draft. They may have 2 guys they really like and can get both!

Seattle has a ridiculous amount of cap space now to boot.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ccpx1xw said:
MontanaHawk05":2ccpx1xw said:
Hard to see this team being competitive in 2019 at this point. Our cupboards at edge rush are now Cassius Marsh, Jacob Martin, a sophomore who redshirted (Green), and whatever rookies are chosen by a team whose first-round draft has come under heavy questioning in the last few years.

Today.

You have to assume we're going to draft at least one, if not two high round D-lineman, AND sign one of the remaining free agents out there like Ansah or Suh.........and we'll extend Reed now.

Does this mean we still won't be concerned? Absolutely not, we already had a weak pass rush with Frank, but the hope is you now have 2-3 young studs to develop and grow together.

It feels like we just lost 2019 in the playoffs. It's true that we're not done acquiring, but very few pass rushers are likely to replace Clark's production in their rookie year. We'd probably need to trade UP for that.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":3027xib2 said:
Seymour":3027xib2 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One other thing. Peyton Manning put up 280 in SB 48 and got 8 points out of it.
We put up 206 and got 43! Passing yards can be overrated IMO.

:snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":xdp8n4ar said:
Sgt. Largent":xdp8n4ar said:
MontanaHawk05":xdp8n4ar said:
Hard to see this team being competitive in 2019 at this point. Our cupboards at edge rush are now Cassius Marsh, Jacob Martin, a sophomore who redshirted (Green), and whatever rookies are chosen by a team whose first-round draft has come under heavy questioning in the last few years.

Today.

You have to assume we're going to draft at least one, if not two high round D-lineman, AND sign one of the remaining free agents out there like Ansah or Suh.........and we'll extend Reed now.

Does this mean we still won't be concerned? Absolutely not, we already had a weak pass rush with Frank, but the hope is you now have 2-3 young studs to develop and grow together.

It feels like we just lost 2019 in the playoffs. It's true that we're not done acquiring, but very few pass rushers are likely to replace Clark's production in their rookie year. We'd probably need to trade UP for that.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but IMO we weren't in the 2019 SB conversation with Clark, so why give him all the money and compromise your cap going forward as you're trying to fill holes all over the roster.............and only have four picks to do it this year?

I get it, we should ALWAYS being trying to compete for a SB, but even John and Pete as optimistic as they are know that we still have a lot of rebuilding to do, and again that isn't happening with committing 65M guaranteed to Frank and having half the picks we need.

Now there's no excuses with the rebuild, John and Pete have all the ammunition they need with the next two drafts to reload the roster. We just have to have faith, and I do, especially drafting defense. They've proven they know what they're doing on that side of the ball.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Wow I totally have to eat crow here, didn't think they'd receive this much in a trade, this is a great haul

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":1rjn2rqb said:
Chapow":1rjn2rqb said:
Seymour":1rjn2rqb said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One other thing. Peyton Manning put up 280 in SB 48 and got 8 points out of it.
We put up 206 and got 43! Passing yards can be overrated IMO.

:snack:

Tell ya what. If you ever see a defense that can't get pressure on the QB, but is stout against the run, and that defense is successful overall, please let me know. Because I don't believe that is a winning formula in today's NFL.

How do you think it's going to go for us if next time we play the Rams we are able to shut down Gurley for the most part, but basically don't get any pressure on Goff all day? Regardless of what anyone thinks about any particular QB, most NFL QB's are going to tear up a defense if they aren't facing any (or much) pressure.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Over the years we have had success with Vet DL. Why overpay when we may still be able to being in 10 sacks from FA Vets on the street right now at 50%-75% of the cost and we sti get all these picks

knownone

Reaction score
I will not overreact about the current state of our pass rush until training camp. There is a reasonable amount of depth depth in free agency, and a lot of depth in the draft. They've also got young talent on the team that could break out this year.

I have a hard time believing JS and Pete would move on from Frank without a contingency plan. They have close to 30M in cap space. This is probably not the end of their wheeling and dealing.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1jvzggeu said:
Over the years we have had success with Vet DL. Why overpay when we may still be able to being in 10 sacks from FA Vets on the street right now at 50%-75% of the cost and we sti get all these picks

Exactly.

Clemons, Avril, Bennett all were brought in a great prices!

I'm not worried one bit. 2019 was not a SB winning season with 4 picks AND Clark anyway IMO. Now??....prob. not but I'm more interested in the draft and season for sure!

Hotchy

Reaction score
I dont like getting rid of a stud DE, but when i see what KC gave him, i understand.
So, why should we not trade Wagner away? The Hawks are not going to contend very soon with this current roster, so why not go all in on a retool? What's the point on wasting a ton on Wagner when his game will be on the decline by the time the roster is ready ?
Trade Wags for more picks and start the build now

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Why do we have people writing off a 2018 playoff team from Super Bowl consideration?

Seattle wasn't THAT far below the top echelon last year...and losing Frank Clark (especially when we dont know what he is being replaced with) doesnt = TOTAL REBUILD!!!! Hes not Aaron Donald for goodness sake..

Cmon guys. Lets not overreact so much. Hawks will likely contend for a playoff spot again this year regardless, and then...as we know....anything can happen.

knownone

Reaction score
Hotchy":19i5zqin said:
I dont like getting rid of a stud DE, but when i see what KC gave him, i understand.
So, why should we not trade Wagner away? The Hawks are not going to contend very soon with this current roster, so why not go all in on a retool? What's the point on wasting a ton on Wagner when his game will be on the decline by the time the roster is ready ?
Trade Wags for more picks and start the build now
Why don't you think they'll contend? On paper we look deeper at every position besides DE and RB.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":1qve4i4e said:
DJrmb":1qve4i4e said:
Wow, pretty good haul there, even with the 2nd being 2020 and dropping down a few spots in the 3rd. Seymour, it seems you pretty well nailed the compensation for Clark on the head!

Thank you for noticing. I called a late 1st and a 3rd so not far off. I'm just excited we can sign Wagner and Reed as they both should come in sub $20M. Plus we got even younger here!!

This is how it all starts!!! :2thumbs:

Hit a Home Run, dude.

Frank Clark also handled it right, wishing Earl did it that way too.

Latest posts