Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

King Dog

Reaction score
Could have kept Clark, signed Kendricks to a multi-year deal and gotten a haul for Bobby :stirthepot:

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":2ddqou7r said:
KC is in "Win Now" mode obviously. They think Clark is a Lombardi.

Problem is there is a team in their division called the Patriots.
Conference, not division. ;)

Steve2222

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":83em3mio said:
This sends a message to the rest of the team....loud and clear. Mr. Clark had a case of a swollen head. John will be reasonable in reimbursing each player. However, when the player gets a "big head" about their value ….no one is not expendable…..except the QB. Personally, Frank's asking price was "over the top".

I think the players couldn’t care less what the Seahawks value them. They’ll gladly go somewhere elsewhere to get their value. There’s no such thing as a hometown discount. Players are in it for the money...and they should be.

Good for Frank. I’m legit happy for him.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I like Clark but I am glad we are not paying him KC's price. That's a lot of money. Having some more picks is great, even if it is a late first. Don't want to look past this season, but 2020 is going to be one hell of a draft.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":1wf1ui6b said:
What's with all the multi-posting? I'm seeing multiple copies of a couple of posts up thread?

What gives?

:229031_shrug:

The site is freezing up and people are submitting their post again thinking it did not go through.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2tpdznse said:
Hawkfish":2tpdznse said:
"That makes Clark the third-highest paid defensive player in the NFL behind only the Bears’ Khalil Mack and the Rams’ Aaron Donald."

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ty-chiefs/

that's absolutely crazy.

So glad the Chief's are paying him and not Seattle.

Frank's good...but not THAT good.

Exactly!

And IMO the Chiefs "are not getting a good deal", not even close. Clark was burned on huge runs far too many times for that kind of cash. We could gain strength against the run quite easily. :irishdrinkers:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":14yj0w43 said:
This sends a message to the rest of the team....loud and clear. Mr. Clark had a case of a swollen head. John will be reasonable in reimbursing each player. However, when the player gets a "big head" about their value ….no one is not expendable…..except the QB. Personally, Frank's asking price was "over the top".

IMO statements like these are a little ridiculous.. as if every player doesn’t try to maximize their value when contract time comes rolling around?

Didn’t realize anyone pointed a gun to the chiefs’ heads and made them pay him this

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The thing that makes me happiest about this is that it makes NE's road just that much harder next year. The thought of them in another Superb Owl. :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's really true what they say, it only takes ONE team to do something crazy like this.
All the sudden we have 12 picks in 2020 and 5 (so far) in 2019. This team is not on the rise, but should really be able to add a lot in the next couple drafts. Shoot, they can trade some of the 2020 picks to get more in 2019.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Hawkfish":7i3z3rs6 said:
"That makes Clark the third-highest paid defensive player in the NFL behind only the Bears’ Khalil Mack and the Rams’ Aaron Donald."

Had just this conversation at work this morning. Donald and Mack are an every play force to be reckoned with, clark has impacts at moments. He's not in their league...yet.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":3o0s0fso said:
Hawkpower":3o0s0fso said:
Hawkfish":3o0s0fso said:

that's absolutely crazy.

Exactly!

And IMO the Chiefs "are not getting a good deal", not even close. Clark was burned on huge runs far too many times for that kind of cash. We could gain strength against the run quite easily. :irishdrinkers:

That's great, and I hope we do, but it's a passing league. If you can't pressure the QB chances are you're going to get shredded through the air.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1w9cu9zk said:
Hawkpower":1w9cu9zk said:
Hawkfish":1w9cu9zk said:

that's absolutely crazy.

Exactly!

The Chiefs secondary was garbage last year and so far they haven't addressed it. Eric Berry is gone but they probably needs to use as many picks as they can to fix it. They also have no idea if Hill will be suspended yet or if they will need to get a WR.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":1eo7zwfy said:
Seymour":1eo7zwfy said:
Hawkpower":1eo7zwfy said:
Hawkfish":1eo7zwfy said:

that's absolutely crazy.

Exactly!

That's great, and I hope we do, but it's a passing league. If you can't pressure the QB chances are you're going to get shredded through the air.

So you are more afraid of Goff than Gurley? :141847_bnono:

I'm stating upside and we will have options to fill in the pass rush issue.

The whole "Marsh is our best DE" is fear driven hype that will change before it matters.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Love this trade by the Hawks. Can't wait to tune in Thursday and watch the Hawks trade down lol.
But it'll be worth it.

Absolutely stunned the contract the Chiefs gave Clark. How are they supposed to pay Maholmes and Hill now?

sutz

Reaction score
Pete has seemingly always valued DBs over DL anyways. Frankly, for all the losses, our DBs were not that bad last season, and will be better this year, just on experience.

He probably knows what he's doing. No way JS would have done this deal unless he and Pete had a plan.

As a philosophical argument, it is probably easier to go young and cheap on defense than on offense and still win games. I think Holmie learned that one the hard way IIRC. ;)

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I am shocked this happened because the Hawks never traded one of their elite players who’s signing his 2nd contract.

That said, this is a huge win for the Hawks because Over The Cap had listed Clark’s cap number at 17Mil. We also have Kam counting 12.5Mil of cap dollars. As some already noted, the Hawks can spend those dollars on 1 or more vet edge players after May 8.

Latest posts