Forget percy harvin, is christine michael in the doghouse?

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
TwilightError":gza0258h said:
This is something that truly makes me wonder... Every time I get to see Michael in action I am a bit WOWed, every time I get to see Turbin my reaction goes from yawn to 'meh' and in last game. There must be something we dont know, always compete does not seem to apply here.

This sounds spot on to me..

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Pete has assembled a team that is currently 12-3, if you're not good enough he's not going to play you. Christine Michael still has some things to work on to become an all around back. Not even kinda worried as he's showed fantastic running ability.

Relax guys, and enjoy the holidays.

HawkWow

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":gotas3qf said:
bigcc":gotas3qf said:
KCHawkGirl":gotas3qf said:
The impatience on this board is galling sometimes. Fact is he has issues in pass blocking and in the NFL if you're a running back that can't pass block you don't play. Luckily it's a learned skill and it's fairly normal for rookies to take a season to really pick up on it.

funny there's a bunch of other rookies who seem to be doing fine, and turbin himself was a rookie last year.

Wasn't the whole idea of us trading for Percy to WIN NOW????? Why draft a RB whose gonna be sitting on the shelf with your 2nd round pick if that's your mindset???

The dude is either in the doghouse (could be for good reason, but pass blocking alone I find extremely hard to believe is the cause), or he should at least get a couple looks here and there.

I'm not calling for him to replace turbin as the 2, im calling him as an occasional change of pace back, with an opportunity at KR (he has the tools, why not let him try?)
We are way beyond expecting any rookie getting playing time on this team. Let alone some second rounder with issues coming into a loaded position group. He literally is a player expected to contribute in 2014-15 because he's a first rounder that dropped because of injury and other issues.

Percy was traded for because he's a game changer easily a top 5 player in his position group in the NFL when healthy. Which is far more than some in this fanbase or Minnesota would like you to believe. That's not counting the possible role that San Francisco played or tried to.

We had no clue both Keenan would "pop" and he would suffer a major injury that takes normal humans a year or two to recover from.

1) Someone should tell Pete he's been using Willson.. a lot. Odd that our 6th pick in the draft is expected to play, but our first is not (?). You dismiss the OP's idea that CM may be in the doghouse, but in just 2 sentences you mention twice that Michael has issues. Do you seriously believe our backfield is "loaded"? As for Michael being a "1st rounder that dropped because of injury and other issues"...I guess that could be said about every single player in every single draft.

2) You say Harvin was "traded for" because he's a game changer. Is it then fair to say he was traded away because he was a game changer? I don't think I've heard anyone say anything to the contrary about Harvin's ranking among WRs "when healthy". And believe it or not, there are many Minnesota fans capable of discussing the matter of Harvin without bias. What makes you think you are more in tune with Harvin's attributes than they, or for that matter, any of us that knew Harvin's story before he came to Seattle?

3)Exactly who is this "we" you continuously refer to? Many of us wanted Keenan Allen and many of us wanted nothing to do with Percy Harvin. Which means many of us were right, many of you (we?) were wrong. Please spare us the it's too early to tell lingo...it's not too early to tell....it's just too late to correct.

4) Merry Christmas.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Well if pass blocking is the issue put him in a a screen play. The defenders will just assumed he wiffed on the block and will run by him leaving him all alone for a 30 yard screen play.

Seriously though I also assume something doesn't smell right here. With the kids talent he should at very least getting as much playing time as Turbin did last year and that is not happening. Hopefully it gets sorted out though because one thing we know about Pete, if you don't buy in you will be gone. No ands ifs or butts about it.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Nobody is asking this guy to pass block. My guess is you really won't know what you have in CM until you put him on the field. Give him the ball on the edge and see what he can do. He is a totally different RB than Marshawn. We need a change of pace back that can take it to the house.

If he gashes the defense, especially the Rams upfield ends, then put him in late in the game on play action and see what happens.

madbohem

Reaction score
Maybe the problem is that the Offensive line can't handle a different style of runner

chris98251

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":2x57c1sb said:
chris98251":2x57c1sb said:
I think the board is more up in the air about not seeing him akin to having a Muscle car in the garage that dad won't let you drive because your not mature enough or responsible enough to handle it yet.

It's there and just collecting dust in our minds, but dad has his reasons and is probably right.

Nope. This is like having your dad tell you that its best to drive your piece of shit honda civic that the front tire falls off or it breaks down every time you drive it when you have a muscle car sitting in a garage because its too dangerous to drive...

Or because you have to take the 10th grade over again for the 3rd time :)

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Michael very well could contribute for us, but that withholding game minutes is just a motivational thing to ensure he puts in the time and effort to improve on his pass blocking. Pete's talked about how his plan s for personnel are long-term, but I'm definitely no expert on this stuff.

Reaction score
Ho, ho, ho fellow 12's,
I may be wrong, again, but, didn't CMike have an injury in college? The PC/JS regime may be sheltering him for the future? They seem to like the concept of "red-shirting".

Go Hawks,
BillA

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":277ybk4m said:
TwilightError":277ybk4m said:
This is something that truly makes me wonder... Every time I get to see Michael in action I am a bit WOWed, every time I get to see Turbin my reaction goes from yawn to 'meh' and in last game. There must be something we dont know, always compete does not seem to apply here.

This sounds spot on to me..
:13:

Seeker

Reaction score
CM is in the dog house. there is no way you can look at cm and turbin and say he isn't beating that guy outright.
even his blocking has improved.
This is a case of leftover college football coach residue resulting in some benching.

Robert turbin will cost you the superbowl.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seeker":k1m42v3f said:
CM is in the dog house. there is no way you can look at cm and turbin and say he isn't beating that guy outright.
even his blocking has improved.
This is a case of leftover college football coach residue resulting in some benching.

Robert turbin will cost you the superbowl.

Which game specifically are you talking about in which you saw Michael's blocking improve?

Seeker

Reaction score
I only saw one game where it actually looked bad (preason).
Typical rookie not catching up to the speed of the NFL sort of stuff.
I see nothing about turbin's block that looks head and shoulders above michael's.
He had a pretty decent block in the green bay game, I was trying to find it but could only find this sweet TD by who else (pete looking a little mad on that play, probably unrelated but pete is usually always jacked up).
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... f93167f05a

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well after last week, Turbin's quickly talking up residence in the doghouse.

Turbin's had a down year, so I fully expect Michael to take over the #2 back role next year. But until then I doubt he's even going to make the playoff roster.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seeker":1ne668nr said:
I only saw one game where it actually looked bad (preason).
I see nothing about turbin's block that looks head and shoulders above michael's.
He had a pretty decent block in the green bay game, I was trying to find it but could only find this sweet TD by who else (pete looking a little mad on that play, probably unrelated but pete is usually always jacked up).
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... f93167f05a

You said Michael's blocking has improved, but the only example you have for improvement
is a single block in a pre-season game? That really isn't enough to say his blocking has improved when the coach has said he isn't up to speed with Pass-Protection during the regular season.

People are frustrated that we lost for the first time at home in two years. I get that Turbin had a bad game. But don't let frustration get in the way of how this team has built success. Nothing is handed to anyone on this team. Michael has all the potential you can hope for, but potential means you haven't done it yet.

When he proves to Pete that he is ready to play in this offense, he will. Just like everyone else.

Seeker

Reaction score
what has turbin done?
I've counted four plays since he started here that halfway looked better than Julius jones on a good day level play (swear that jersey # is cursed).

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seeker":2kl9zo5k said:
what has turbin done?

Earned playing time and trust to pass protect over two years and had two bad plays in a game this year against the rams.

Still don't have an example of Michael showing improvement in pass protection do you?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seeker":28w9z89i said:
what has turbin done?
I've counted four plays since he started here that halfway looked better than Julius jones on a good day level play (swear that jersey # is cursed).

But you also said to saw Michael improve in pass protection, and had no real evidence to back it up besides a single block in a preseason game.

Seeker

Reaction score
Basis4day":8oqemglq said:
Seeker":8oqemglq said:
what has turbin done?

But you also said to saw Michael improve in pass protection, and had no real evidence to back it up besides a single block in a preseason game.

my actual quote was

"I only saw one game where it actually looked bad (preason).
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... f93167f05a"

so this whole "I said I saw one good block as the basis of my whole argument for CM" is a bit overblown.
what I am trying to say is I think petes reason for benching Michael (Eg poor pass protection) was a bit over exaggerated and seemed odd.

Michaels pass protection in the begging was a bit sloppy (as it is for ALL rb starting in a ZBS especially rookies)

and I beg to differ but turbin has not had one bad game or two bad plays but has been mediocre his entire time here (and not just by beastmode standards as that would be unfair).

I know you probably think I'm just another guy jumping on Roberts back because of the fumble but I have been rining the bell for CM since the preseason. as excited as I was to get a guy in there to act as a reliever for marshawn I am the first to admit turbin is not that guy and has been killing us all season.

They have constantly tried to hand the reigns over to this guy to provide some relief for lynch but he always puts us in a bad situation.

You think this is all just about two fumbles?
ask yourself how many times you have this year have you seen an obvious rushing play but marshawn on the sideline?
how many running plays (of any size) have we converted this year without marshawn?

I bet CM has more yards per attempt than Turbin right now.