Forget percy harvin, is christine michael in the doghouse?

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
sc85sis":2ep699eh said:
Whom should they sit for a game so that Michael fits on the roster?

one of the fullbacks (coleman imo) if C-mike showed capability on KR's

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who sits. Sometimes the offense needs fresh blood. The Seahawks are playing not to lose. It is time to take the foot off the brake and put it on the gas pedal.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Personally I have seen NOTHING on film that says there is anything wrong with his running, fumbling or blocking.
Turbin goes down on first contact of ANY kind. I would change it up.

Turbin has simply not gotten better this year. he has peaked. and that's that.

What about Walters returning kicks? he looked good in training camp to me.

I guess i'm going to go watch the 22 tapes on that Arizona game. and see..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The impatience on this board is galling sometimes. Fact is he has issues in pass blocking and in the NFL if you're a running back that can't pass block you don't play. Luckily it's a learned skill and it's fairly normal for rookies to take a season to really pick up on it.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
It's the coaching staff's job to get these guys ready to play. CM should be ready and we could use him. Turbin is too top heavy.

morgulon1

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3mewkq5c said:
Doesn't matter who sits. Sometimes the offense needs fresh blood. The Seahawks are playing not to lose. It is time to take the foot off the brake and put it on the gas pedal.

Where do you get this conclusion? They lost this last week and yes it sucks. But they're 12-3 and 10 point plus favorites at home.
I have no doubt we will win this Sunday. Who ever they have back there returning kicks. I think the Seahawks are pretty good.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think the board is more up in the air about not seeing him akin to having a Muscle car in the garage that dad won't let you drive because your not mature enough or responsible enough to handle it yet.

It's there and just collecting dust in our minds, but dad has his reasons and is probably right.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":7yxd8q7p said:
I think the board is more up in the air about not seeing him akin to having a Muscle car in the garage that dad won't let you drive because your not mature enough or responsible enough to handle it yet.

It's there and just collecting dust in our minds, but dad has his reasons and is probably right.
Patience is all because I have a bad feeling that Lynch is right at his downward spiral and next year will be much like the Watters/Alexander transition concerning Lynch/Michael. I hope I'm wrong but I am not confident about that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
chris98251":1ep5rj5e said:

Ok Chris, put this way I get the wailing and gnashing of teeth. A little better anyway. There could be a reason that hasn't even been listed yet. Maybe he
isn't catching on to the offense? Doesn't practice hard?Maybe he has problem showing up to meetings on time?

I've seen Pete in interviews ( same ones everyone has seen) and when asked about CM he doesn't say shit. I find that kind of strange.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
chris98251":3uhyi1ih said:

Nope. This is like having your dad tell you that its best to drive your piece of shit honda civic that the front tire falls off or it breaks down every time you drive it when you have a muscle car sitting in a garage because its too dangerous to drive...

HansGruber

Reaction score
Brock Huard asked Pete Carroll about C-Mike a few weeks ago in an interview. Carroll said they really like him but he's young and not ready yet, still learning the offense. Said Turbin went through the same learning curve.

I don't think it's an issue of him not being good enough. They just want to ease him in.

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1jmlzy0k said:
The impatience on this board is galling sometimes. Fact is he has issues in pass blocking and in the NFL if you're a running back that can't pass block you don't play. Luckily it's a learned skill and it's fairly normal for rookies to take a season to really pick up on it.

funny there's a bunch of other rookies who seem to be doing fine, and turbin himself was a rookie last year.

Wasn't the whole idea of us trading for Percy to WIN NOW????? Why draft a RB whose gonna be sitting on the shelf with your 2nd round pick if that's your mindset???

The dude is either in the doghouse (could be for good reason, but pass blocking alone I find extremely hard to believe is the cause), or he should at least get a couple looks here and there.

I'm not calling for him to replace turbin as the 2, im calling him as an occasional change of pace back, with an opportunity at KR (he has the tools, why not let him try?)

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
HansGruber":a6vody6t said:
Brock Huard asked Pete Carroll about C-Mike a few weeks ago in an interview. Carroll said they really like him but he's young and not ready yet, still learning the offense. Said Turbin went through the same learning curve.

I don't think it's an issue of him not being good enough. They just want to ease him in.

Except for the fact that they AREN'T easing him in..... 8 carries for a 2nd round pick in the course of a season is "easing him in"???

TwilightError

Reaction score
This is something that truly makes me wonder... Every time I get to see Michael in action I am a bit WOWed, every time I get to see Turbin my reaction goes from yawn to 'meh' and in last game. There must be something we dont know, always compete does not seem to apply here.

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
TwilightError":2kln8jg0 said:
This is something that truly makes me wonder... Every time I get to see Michael in action I am a bit WOWed, every time I get to see Turbin my reaction goes from yawn to 'meh' and in last game. There must be something we dont know, always compete does not seem to apply here.

that's what I was trying to get at... he's been willing to play rookies god knows how many times in vital roles, why is it different here???

The only conclusion I can really come to is that there is something off-the-field we don't know about, and Pete doesn't want to mention it (why would he at this point?)

Tokadub

Reaction score
I'm inclined to say yes he is in the dog house. It's really strange he hasn't gotten really any plays when he was our first pick. Now that our run game is starting to slow down and he is definitely our most well rested and possibly most explosive running back at the moment why don't we give him a shot? Would like to see him get in at least a few plays this weekend if Lynch is struggling.

Best guess why he isn't playing could be this quote from CBS scouting combine:

WEAKNESSES: History of injuries. Did not excel in pass protection during Shrine Game practices. Attitude and coachability questions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... ne-michael

I think our coaches really value good character so if he's not responding well to their coaching or has a bad attitude to being benched that could explain it.

Ironically if the pass blocking is the reason why they are keeping Christine Michael off the field they had this to say about Turbin on NFL combine:

WEAKNESSES The only thing that could keep Turbin off the field for an NFL offense early is his pass blocking. At Utah State, Turbin would whiff on blockers at times. The problem is his technique; he tends to get off balance and blown back into the passer. Cut blocks were an issue for him as well.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rob ... id=2533460

But I think it's time to give him a chance in the very little I have seen him play this season he looked totally healthy and fired up, quite explosive indeed. If Lynch is a little beat up it might be a good idea to get Christine warmed up so we can mix it up a bit in playoffs and let Lynch rest if we get a big lead, etc.

I know combine stats aren't everything but Christine Michael does appear to be quite the athletic freak with a 43" vertical. He also seems to have the edge in many other categories like speed drills.

Out of all 3 Running Backs Christine Michael has the best:

- Vertical Jump
- 3 Cone Drill
- 20 yard Shuttle
- 60 yard Shuttle

Tied with lynch in broad jump.

Surprising he almost beat Turbin in Bench press with 27 compared to Turbins 28.

Christine was the top performer at his position for 5 out of the 7 combine stats listed.

Strangely his 40 yard dash time is a little slower than Lynch and Turbin, but pretty close. But with his crazy shuttle drill times he might have what it takes to make some of those split second crazy moves and get some nice plays even with our horrible offensive line.

Combine stats if anyone wants to see, it's a pain looking this stuff up so might as well post it:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chr ... id=2539322
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rob ... id=2533460
http://www.nfl.com/player/marshawnlynch/2495663/combine

Not saying those combine stats are a huge deal necessarily but it looks like he does have the athleticism to possibly get our run game going again.

Oh and here's Wilsons:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rus ... id=2532975

It's kind of hilarious we have such an athletic QB we can compare his stats to a RB. But Christine edges out Russell in the 20 yard shuttle and the 3 cone drill unlike our other Running Backs. We all know how quick Russell can change direction and how good he is with his footwork. It appears Christine also has this ability but even faster so that might really help him find the gaps in our weak run blocking.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bigcc":1oxetbgp said:
KCHawkGirl":1oxetbgp said:

funny there's a bunch of other rookies who seem to be doing fine, and turbin himself was a rookie last year.

Wasn't the whole idea of us trading for Percy to WIN NOW????? Why draft a RB whose gonna be sitting on the shelf with your 2nd round pick if that's your mindset???

The dude is either in the doghouse (could be for good reason, but pass blocking alone I find extremely hard to believe is the cause), or he should at least get a couple looks here and there.

I'm not calling for him to replace turbin as the 2, im calling him as an occasional change of pace back, with an opportunity at KR (he has the tools, why not let him try?)
We are way beyond expecting any rookie getting playing time on this team. Let alone some second rounder with issues coming into a loaded position group. He literally is a player expected to contribute in 2014-15 because he's a first rounder that dropped because of injury and other issues.

Percy was traded for because he's a game changer easily a top 5 player in his position group in the NFL when healthy. Which is far more than some in this fanbase or Minnesota would like you to believe. That's not counting the possible role that San Francisco played or tried to.

We had no clue both Keenan would "pop" and he would suffer a major injury that takes normal humans a year or two to recover from.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
morgulon1":36qdvea9 said:
HawkNuts":36qdvea9 said:

Where do you get this conclusion? They lost this last week and yes it sucks. But they're 12-3 and 10 point plus favorites at home.
I have no doubt we will win this Sunday. Who ever they have back there returning kicks. I think the Seahawks are pretty good.

I get this from watching NFL football for 30 years. I've watched teams dominate early in the year and get complacent. Yes, the Seahawks are good but sometimes you need a boost.

I've watched rc rb's come in and start or split carries from training camp year after year. If CM isn't ready to play now it's on the coaching staff.

oasis

Reaction score
What I don't get is if Michael can't pass block... why?

We're seeing the likes of Lacy, Stacy, Bell, Ball, and other rookies contribute to chipping and blocking, etc.

If there's one team that can get youngsters to catch on sooner rather than later, it's us. This whole situation of not knowing about Harvin and C-Mike is getting more frustrating by the day.

Latest posts