Football Outsiders give the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't like him because he ran off the field like a child after losing, mocked Newton with the "Superman", then a week later bitched about Sherman. In the process he talked about how an inch would have won the game, then told the country a fairy tale about Crabtree having imaginary 100 yard games and how he looks forward to exploiting the Hawks secondary because Sherman is scared of the Niner receivers. QBs are leaders, leave the smack for the others.

I couldn't care less about tats and post game KaeperSpeak.

I actually like the play as a football player.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Kaep's deal is guaranteed for injury only IIUC, so if he were to have a career ending injury would that guarantee the whole contract? If so how would it affect the Salary cap?

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":3db8mfbj said:
More than a small profit.

If you count the pick they recouped for the Stevie Johnson trade by moving down and back up again for Hyde, Alex Smith got them....

Tank Carradine (2nd round 2013)
Corey Lemonier (3rd round 2013)
Carlos Hyde (2nd round 2014)
Chris Borland (3rd round 2014)
Stevie Johnson (trade for 2015 4th rounder)

Not bad. We'll see if any of them pan out.

Well, lets not get too carried away. If you pay me 10 bucks and after investing it I make 50 bucks, that doesn't mean you paid me 50 bucks.

Kaep cost them a high 2nd. Smith got them a high second and a low second. Net gain, a low second. And then Baalke did his wheeling and dealing. Which I admit, he is really good at.

Either way, turning Smith into Kaep for free is a good move. Picking up the extra 2nd rounder makes it even more impressive. Kind of funny that just a year before, Smith languished in UFA (coming off a good season) and when the 49ers signed him back for 3/24, everyone blasted them for it. Oops.

Not every day you sign a low-profile FA and flip him for two 2nd rounders a year later. Definitely nailed that one.

kearly

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":o713q85f said:
I don't like him because he ran off the field like a child after losing, mocked Newton with the "Superman"...

I actually loved that part. Nothing beats the "WWE" styled showmanship of mocking another team in their own stadium, from an entertainment standpoint. One of my favorite NFL games of all time was the "star" game with T.O. and Emmitt Smith in the late 90s.

Newton planned on getting revenge with a bicep kiss after that but never got back to the end zone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":cvgdelc2 said:
Kaep's deal is guaranteed for injury only IIUC, so if he were to have a career ending injury would that guarantee the whole contract? If so how would it affect the Salary cap?

No, because the guaranteed money kicks in at the beginning of every league year...IE, that years money becomes fully guaranteed, but not ALL of the guaranteed money.

It's not really guaranteed and the reason so many are critical of the contract.

kearly

Reaction score
The 49ers got the better end of the deal with the Kaep contract. The odds of him suffering a career ending injury in the first few years of the deal are very close to zero, and that's the only way this contract bites the 49ers. WIth Harbaugh probably on his way out in the next couple years the 49ers need an easy out of Kaepernick's deal in case he collapses when removed from his current system. And the current contract allows them to do that.

As far as the money, Kaepernick at $21 million only looks bad when you compare it Manning, Brees, and Brady, but not if you compare it to Flacco or Dalton. Roughly $20 million per year is the new going rate for QBs, elite or not.

Also, the NFL is exploding in profitability right now which is why the cap is skyrocketing each year. By the end of Kaep's deal you will probably see worse QBs than him making $30 million a year. Five years from now, it is more likely that Kaep will hate this contract than SF.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not been on this forum in a few weeks. Maybe even a couple of months.

First day back on... there's a 49ers thread in the football section, with Marvin49 STILL doing his best Comical Ali impression.

For crying out loud man.

:34853_doh:

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":t92je14c said:
The 49ers got the better end of the deal with the Kaep contract. The odds of him suffering a career ending injury in the first few years of the deal are very close to zero, and that's the only way this contract bites the 49ers. WIth Harbaugh probably on his way out in the next couple years the 49ers need an easy out of Kaepernick's deal in case he collapses when removed from his current system. And the current contract allows them to do that.

As far as the money, Kaepernick at $21 million only looks bad when you compare it Manning, Brees, and Brady, but not if you compare it to Flacco or Dalton. Roughly $20 million per year is the new going rate for QBs, elite or not.

Also, the NFL is exploding in profitability right now which is why the cap is skyrocketing each year. By the end of Kaep's deal you will probably see worse QBs than him making $30 million a year. Five years from now, it is more likely that Kaep will hate this contract than SF

Won't comment on the first part... :D

...but completely agree with the bolded part. The Cap is about to explode and QB salaries will go with them. In a few years the contract Kap signed will look like nothing and they have him locked up through 2020.

Honestly, I think the Seahawks really wish the CBA were written differently because they would much rather pay Wilson in this years QB market than in next year QB market.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2q1ogddj said:
Honestly, I think the Seahawks really wish the CBA were written differently because they would much rather pay Wilson in this years QB market than in next year QB market.

Honestly why don't you STFU Marvin?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2c0qgddc said:

First day back on... there's a 49ers thread in the football section, with Marvin49 STILL doing his best Comical Ali impression.

For crying out loud man.

He does it to impress his friends on the DenialZone. Where the Hawks will be 8-8, Harvin has spent/will spend his entire career injured and the Niners are going to win in the Clink because they didn't lose by 4 TDs 1 time in their last 3 games there. They actually argue that garbage as a some sort of victory.

He claims to argue BS and that it is fun, but you won't find him arguing BS on the BizarroZone. Maybe a rare occasion, but I don't see it. Especially with the amount of wishful thinking, speculation and outright inaccurate content there.

There are a ton of guys here that will speak to the Niners as a tough opponent, giving the team their props, including Hawk fans on the DenialZone. You won't find that on Marvin's home board, except in rare cases and Marvin won't call out a Niner fan. Maybe a RARE instance, but I don't see it.

I tried to point it out in another thread, he's off his meds again and back on the quest to glorify the fact that he doesn't get banned here amongst his DenialZone brethren.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":o57559j8 said:

Also, the NFL is exploding in profitability right now which is why the cap is skyrocketing each year. By the end of Kaep's deal you will probably see worse QBs than him making $30 million a year. Five years from now, it is more likely that Kaep will hate this contract than SF.

The niners made Kaep get a $20 million insurance policy for a career ending injury. None of his contract is guaranteed except for the $13 million for this year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":bh4scw6k said:
Marvin49":bh4scw6k said:

Honestly why don't you STFU Marvin?

I know the Seahawks would much rather pay Wilson than they would Kaepernick. The niners would rather pay Wilson too.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2pfrqgo4 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2pfrqgo4 said:

For crying out loud man.

He does it to impress his friends on the DenialZone. Where the Hawks will be 8-8, Harvin has spent/will spend his entire career injured and the Niners are going to win in the Clink because they didn't lose by 4 TDs 1 time in their last 3 games there. They actually argue that garbage as a some sort of victory.

He claims to argue BS and that it is fun, but you won't find him arguing BS on the BizarroZone. Maybe a rare occasion, but I don't see it. Especially with the amount of wishful thinking, speculation and outright inaccurate content there.

There are a ton of guys here that will speak to the Niners as a tough opponent, giving the team their props, including Hawk fans on the DenialZone. You won't find that on Marvin's home board, except in rare cases and Marvin won't call out a Niner fan. Maybe a RARE instance, but I don't see it.

I tried to point it out in another thread, he's off his meds again and back on the quest to glorify the fact that he doesn't get banned here amongst his DenialZone brethren.

I think we're getting to the point where we need to take a break.

This is a Seahawks forum. For the last year or 18 months EVERY Niners post has been taken over by Marvin on a pointless mission trying to convince us all that everything about his team is fantastic.

Every now and again it'd be nice to just say what we want about our biggest rivals without this try hard taking over and spamming the place out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":14flwome said:

This is a Seahawks forum. For the last year or 18 months EVERY Niners post has been taken over by Marvin on a pointless mission trying to convince us all that everything about his team is fantastic.

Every now and again it'd be nice to just say what we want about our biggest rivals without this try hard taking over and spamming the place out.

It really is spam isn't it?

And I do say what I want about the Forty-Chokers.

kearly

Reaction score
rideaducati":2bat7tfx said:
The niners made Kaep get a $20 million insurance policy for a career ending injury. None of his contract is guaranteed except for the $13 million for this year.

A huge chunk of Kaep's contract is guaranteed if he suffers a career ending injury in the early years. That's how the deal is written. Thought everyone knew this.

The policy has a $20 million payout to SF but cost Kaep $2 million to pay for. A drop in the bucket. It is kind of a funny caveat though.

rideaducati":2bat7tfx said:
I know the Seahawks would much rather pay Wilson than they would Kaepernick. The niners would rather pay Wilson too.

Yup.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":k48jwih6 said:
loafoftatupu":k48jwih6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":k48jwih6 said:

For crying out loud man.

He posts in topics concerning the 49ers, he stays within the guidelines, he may not be popular to some but he's refreshing in the way that a bunch of people here wanting to just bash the 49ers without someone to at least raise a thought on things is pretty boring in it's own right. Until then he is a member of this Board from the opposition, or is it better we become the Webzone or the Redskins forum or maybe the ESPN forum, so insecure that we complain and ban or refuse any thoughts but our own to exist.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
chris98251":2zo978xq said:
He posts in topics concerning the 49ers, he stays within the guidelines, he may not be popular to some but he's refreshing in the way that a bunch of people here wanting to just bash the 49ers without someone to at least raise a thought on things is pretty boring in it's own right. Until then he is a member of this Board from the opposition, or is it better we become the Webzone or the Redskins forum or maybe the ESPN forum, so insecure that we complain and ban or refuse any thoughts but our own to exist.

Refreshing? I am sorry Chris, but that just isn't the word that comes to mind. Seeing the same response over and over again is not refreshing.

I don't think anyone is asking for the dude to be banned, it is the constant spin on any comment that isn't pro-Niner, as if he is owed something for simply being a member. It would be a lot more refreshing if it weren't every Niner topic.

I get it, the guy is a good guy and all and I am fine with him here. But the insistence on telling us differently than we know is the part that is stale.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it's funny that Marvin does all that PR/spin for the ninnies for FREE.
No one should work that hard on something and NOT get paid for their efforts.

I'm not saying he is good at it, as only his delusional denialzone brothers buy the crap he is selling.... But he puts a lot of effort and time into coming up with the pap he spews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts